Mummies Running Club :D

Did the run, was about 33 mins (waiting on official time) quite disappointed didnt push myself hard enough, because I had my breath back within about 10 paces

I'm rubbish at pacing myself though, don't know how to get better at that?

Tapatalking!

In this heat its not all about times hun, its about being safe and looking after your body, that is still a great time, well done!!

What a weekend...i havent stopped!!
Saturday, i had my sons swimming lesson, the carnival parade with my running group which led to us doing a zumba session in front of everyone as a favour for a local zumba instructor, then a family bbq which involved running around the garden with the kids - that was meant to be my rest day!!!

Then Sunday up and out early for my long run, which ended up too long as i just kept following the canal! Then back home, showered and back out the door for the Frodsham downhill race with my kids, then the festival, back home for another bbq and fun in the garden again, feel like I need another weekend to get over that one!!!

All in all though a top week for me covering 32.42 miles :) x x x

Hopefully off to train with my old running club tonight, so we shall see if i can still keep up with them!!

Have you been out since your race hun? X x x

I can't even walk in this heat never mind run :lol:

Tapatalking!

Its like being abroad!!!

I went to my old running club tonight and i couldn't keep up with them!! The first night back and its effort training!!! Not only was it roasting, i haven't sprinted like that for years, my muscles are going to hate me in the morning lol
Definitely a rest day for me tomorrow x x x

What a fun few days its been :)

Thursday - went to club, did 5miles then lead my 5k group, when we got back to our meeting area, we ended up having a massive waterfight, so nice as we all needed to cool down

Friday - went for a nice 5mile run in Delemere forest, so major hills, then to the pub for an orange juice and a giggle :)

Saturday - busy day with my monkeys and no running in sight

Sunday - early start with a 14 mile run then more family fun :)

So another fab total for me this week, 33.1miles :) x x x

Can I join?!

I used to jog more than run I would give myself that much credit to call myself a runner just yet!!! Ha!! Anyway I haven't run since before I was pregnant with B so probably 2 years ago!!!

Last Sunday I randomly decided to jump off the sofa a 8pm and go!! I only went about a mile but managed to keep going a lot further than I thought....then I couldn't walk for 3 days!!! Really over did it but get carried away!

Anyway I went tonight so it's been a week!!! I went 2 miles and could probably of gone further but trying to learn to start little by little to build back up to the 7/8 miles I used to do!!!

I'm expecting to ache again like hell Tomo!!!

7 weeks to holidays so bikini body here we go!!! :) x

Yay another runner, welcome Twinkles :)

5 miles for me tonight, a very hot and sticky one at that!!

X x x

Thank you! 3rd jog for me tonight! Just short of 3 miles in 33mins so quite chuffed with that for a start!!! Having a day off it tomo I'm feeling the burn!!! X

Well done your doing fantastic hun :)

5miles mid paced run for me last night.

Then a local 5mile race for me tonight, didn't do too bad with the heat and my legs being very very tired after my milage increase did it in an unofficial time of 45:43 so no pb :( x x x

Aw that's fab in this heat!!! Fair play!

There was a big triathlon here last weekend and even guys who have completed things like the ironman all took a lot longer finishing because if this heat!!!

Hoping to go again tonight!!!! Going to stick to 2/3 miles for a week or so, I'm terrible for over doing it then getting injured!!! How long do u think I should stick to that before increasing it by an extra 1/2 mile?? X

Tonight's done! Only 2.5 miles but some big hills involved and did my fastest 1k at 7mins! Live having an app giving me all this useless info!!!! It's bloody hot out there!! X

Well done hunny, your doing absolutely fantastic :)
Control your distance yourself at the minute, if you feel you can run an extra lamp post or an extra street then do it, don't worry about miles at the moment that will come when you start to feel comfortable doing longer distances.

After 3 days running on the run, I've had a rest day last night and tonight, a long run in the morning, hoping its not too warm x x

I'm way too hungover to run today!!!! Sunday lunch feast it is!!! Start again tomo!!

18 miles for me this morning, tough but not bad timing of just over 3hrs, cold bath then lots and lots of food for me!!!
That brings this weeks total to 34 miles :) x x x

Wow that's hardcore! X

Wouldn't say hardcore hun just crazy lol!!

Thought it would be cooler tonight but it wasn't really, had a fab efforts session with the club tonight, he even threw in some hills!

Rest day tomorrow for me as I'm picking my bike up, then im runleading at our beginners club on Thursday :) x x x

Haven't posted in here for a while, ive been that busy, hows everyone getting on?

Realised today its only 60days to go till my marathon,eeekkk!!!

Did a local 5k last night with the club, find shorter distances really hard but did ok i suppose(26mins), i just cant seem to pace them properly!!

X x x x

Early night for me tonight I'm racing tomorrow morning, not sure what to make of it as its the first time ive done a 10mile race, going to look at my 10k pace and my half marathon pace and look for a middle pace to work at.

Hows everyone else getting on? x x x

Just found this thread and thought I'd say hi as I've recently taken up running. At the moment I run about 5k 3 times a week and I love it. I'm planning to do the Great South Run next year and then would love to work up to a half marathon. How did your race go? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back