Mummies Running Club :D

My phone kept crashing every time I tried mapmyrun! I ended up doing it the old fashioned way with a piece of string and an a-z :lol: it worked out at roughly a mile, which is a bit shit, but better than had I not done anything! My legs ate bloody killing today tho!

How often should I be aiming to get out? I was thinking 3 times a week, but if I wanted to do more, would it be ok? Sorry for the ten million questions :lol: I just dont want to end up doing more harm than good :blush:

Hi Alice :wave: well done you, your doing absolutely fantastic :)
3 times a week is a great basis to start on, maybe mix it up a little so you go for 1st run - speed work (quicker pace shorter distance) 2nd run - long run (slower pace longer distance) 3rd run - a fartlek session (a steady run with faster intervals) x x x

I was thinking of just keeping going til I could run my little route without stopping, but would that work out better? Thinking about it it makes sense really! My legs are still really achey today, OHs been for a run too and we're both walking about like John Wayne :lol:

Alice I would say whatever's works best for you. What M2A said is great advice. When I first started running though unjust ran as far as I could with breaks for walking as I needed until eventually I could run my route without stopping.
That's great your oh is running too! My man came out cycling with me yesterday while I was running. We just moved to an are I'm not familiar with. He just wanted to show me a route but ended up doing the whole run with me & really enjoyed it! It was really nice to have company! Though we did get funny looks-it was very hill so i struggled towards the top of the steep ones-With him cycling beside me we must have looked a right pair!!! He needs to regain his fitness really so I'm hoping it will be a regular thing. How you getting on now? xxx

It's great when you go out together isn't it?! The girls have said they want to go running too, so we've said on Sunday we'll go out as a family! Probs won't get much running done, but it'll be fun!

I'm doing really well now!went out this morning and set myself a challenge to run half way down one road and up the next, which is a hill! Ended up doing that and more besides and was running for 4mins20 :shock: I'd started a new song at the start and ran right to the end of it! I did my little circuit in 20 mins, took me 30 on Sunday! I still walked quite a bit, but my running's definitely improved! I really, really enjoyed it too!

I'm going to make my route longer next time, just because I really want to be out for 30 mins each time! I was planning on doing my circuit until I can run the whole thing, but I thought it would take me longer than it does :lol:

I can't believe how much I'm enjoying it though, I've always hated running!

Yeah it's so much nicer! Sunday sounds like fun :)
Sounds like your doing great hun, keep it up and you'll be surprised at how fast you progress! xxx

I hope I do progress quickly! I really want to be able to run further cos I find it really relaxing, which is weird :lol:

Just discovered one of the parkruns near me is holding a beginners event in a couple of weeks, they're going to have pacers out to alternate between running and walking with the aim to do the 5k in 45mins - I'm so dragging OH down to that :yay: even if I walk the majority, it'll still give me a feel for it, and I may even surprise myself!

That's awesome park runs ate fab! I have a 10k run on Saturday myself. My hope is to get a better one than my last. Good luck! Xx

Good luck for your 10k Hun! I made a proper rookie mistake today, ate burger and chips and then went for a run :blush: the stomach cramps were shocking! Learned my lesson though!

Going to give tomorrow a miss and then on sat I'm going to walk down to the park which is about 20 mins, run a lap of it and then walk home! Hopefully the weather will stay nice! And I figured that if I walk down, even if I want to give up I can't!

Hi ladies :wave: how you all getting on?

Rednursie congratulations on your marathon and what a great time, well done!! Also good luck for this weekend!

M2A how are you hun?

Hi mmg&i, that's great that G goes out with you, you can keep each other going!

WM you look fab, you're doing so well with your weigh loss!

I've been absolutely rubbish this year. I think I can count on one hand the amount of times I've been out. I bought a trailer for my bike though, so I am keeping fit by taking C out in it!

There is a local race here next week, it's quite hilly and it goes through caves so I got a place in it today (someone I know can't run it) so I thought it would be a great idea to do it ha! It's 4 miles but thinking I should try and get out a couple of times between now and Thursday next week!!!

Sent from Sarah ;-)

That race sounds awesome hun! Good luck for it! I'm so jealous about the cycling, I don't have the confidence to go out round here cos the roads are so busy! I'd love to take the girls in a trailer too, but I can't see E staying in one :lol:

After saying I'm not going out tonight, OHs said he wants to go out together! So I'm just hoping he doesn't decide to go stupidly fast, although he's said he'll take it slow! Also hoping he'll be impressed at how far I've come since last week when the little race we had almost killed me :lol:

Did my little trip to the park before, I came home feeling really demotivated til I looked up how far it is to get there! It's about 3miles there and back and I did a lap of the park, which is half of the parkrun, which I'm assuming makes it a mile and a bit! So in total I did approx 4 miles :faint: it did take me 55 mins and I did walk probably the majority of it, but I was out there doing something, which is better than nothing! I hadn't realised how hilly the park is and the route there for that matter!

I did run on the main road, which is a very big step for me because I've always been so unconfident that I didn't want people to see me running! So I'm really proud of that! I've decided I definitely have to give up smoking too, my legs can go on further, but my lungs can't hack it :blush: so as soon as my baccy runs out (probably tomorrow) I'm back on the e cig!

Your doing great hun and good luck with giving up smoking :)

Hey Sassy, great to hear from you, the biking sounds fun :)

How did your race go Rednursie?

As of tomorrow I'm officially back in Marathon training, ive decided to add 4 extra weeks onto my 18 week plan to cover holidays and some of my on call weekends for work.
Bought a new book the other day too, Hal Higdons Marathon, it seems pretty good :) x x x

You are all doing so well, I can't wait to start again although il probably feel
Differently come July lol xx

Which marathon are you doing next hun? I was thinking about marathons as I was plodding along yesterday, it just seems a crazy amount to me ATM! I can't even imagine it!

The giving up smoking isn't going right grand, I've had such a stressful day, but I know it'll be worth it! I was really surprised actually, the girls have driven me mad today and all I've been thinking is "I wish I could go out for a run!" :shock: 2 weeks ago I would never have imagined that happening!

Hi sassysugar! Good to see you in here!
My race went ok-My time was good but the last 3k I was running against the wind which was really tough & a bit frustrating. Your dead right giving yourself an extra couple of weeks for your training plan; I've always found things popping up and interrupting my plan really frustrating. Which training plan are you following? I always follow one of Hal Higdon's plans-
I need to start back on a plan myself again soon, need to decide which one.
My next marathon will most likely be Dublin in October unless I get a place in the New York lottery (no harm in dreaming hey!) as that's in November. I also really want to get my shit together and join a running club. Just been so busy with moving house and starting a new job and being in a brand new area. Ill get there though! Thought it would be a sure way to shave some minutes off my next marathon time and hopefully make some new friends too xxxx

Well I did my race this morning. It was 6.5k and really quite tough. There were hills in it that you needed a rope to help you up and down because they were so steep. One of them I was using my hands on the side of the grass to get up, defo walked up that bit lol

You went in through an old chalk mine too which was fun, it was lit with little lamps and you couldn't always see the ground very well which was also very uneven (no h&s over here lol). One girl behind me fell over trying to run up one of the hills in it. It was also nice and cool in the mine.

I came 30th out of 278 finishers (men and women) and 7th out of 164 ladies. I'm so chuffed with myself for getting round because of my lack of training lol

There was then free coffee, water and cheese rolls at the end!! There are people still out running as there was also 10k, 1/2 and full marathon but you do the 10k loop 4 times for the marathon. I would find it hard to do the same loop over and over again.

Anyway I think I'll be sore tomorrow hahaha

Well done Sassy, sounds fun :) How are you feeling now?
I went out last night after doing the 30ds yesterday morning and ouchy the top of my legs are sore this morning!! No pain no gain...i guess.
My next marathon is Chester in Oct, sadly Liverpool was cancelled but chester got number1 mara in the runnerworld poll so im hoping its good.
Im using hal higdon plan as a basis because im a runleader and i take some of our club out on runs, i cant 100% stick to his full plan x x x

Sassy that sounds like a fab race!
Alice is your park run today? Good luck if it is!
Which Hal Higdon plan are you going to do M2a? Looking forward to starting a plan myself to grt back into It. I've heard Chester is a fab marathon!good luck with it hunni. Exiting! There is a local half marathon I want to do in August in preparation for my October marathon (Dublin) but I am also thinking of doing a half marathon in July so I have a shorter term goal. Oh and how could I forget-I've got a place for Run To The Beat in September! xxx

:yay: sassy! It sounds fab! Yea my parkrun was this morning - I was in bed hungover :blush: quite gutted I missed it actually! The weathers gone really shit here too and the thought of going out in the pissing rain isn't too appealing! Going to have to do something very soon though! Did want to go out today, but my body won't take it :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back