Mummies Running Club :D

Congrats on your personal best! 7 miles in an hour is also fab Hun-Well done!
Taper central for me-Just a little 5 miler this morning :) xx

Thanks hun, having a fab week this week with the lighter nights, ran 3days in a row for the first time in a few years at the beginning of the week and then thursday was club night so rest tonight and tomorrow and then a longish run on Sunday.
Good luck on Sunday hun, cant wait to hear how you get on x x x

Well I have to admit I found that tough! After mike 16 it was really hard-Didn't stop to walk but i sure felt like it. Was initially disappointed with my time but in hindsight I think I did pretty respectable! 4 hours 26 mins 32 seconds :) Was a lot more support on the route than I thought there would be which was great. And my oh managed to spot me at mile 16 and even ran beside me for a minute! Was a lot bigger than I imagined too-It took ages to get over the start line. Feeling pretty sore today but I've kept moving.
I may be crazy but I've already decided I'm going to do Dublin in October :) xxx

Hi girls! So not achieving anything like you girlies are but I am really proud of myself so had to post :) I have been doing couch to 5k and when I started I was out of breath after a minute of running!! Now 5 weeks down the line I just did my first 20 min run without stopping! And I could do it no problem!! So proud of myself and that I can do it! Ran 3k in that 20 mins, so I am really proud :) :) xxx

Wannabemummy that's fab progress well done! You should be proud :) xxx

Congratulations on completing your marathon rednursie :)
Hope your move went smoothly too hun.

Wannabmummy, thats fantastic :) Its a great feeling when you look back at where you started and how far you have come. Keep up the hard work :)

Last week was my biggest milage week of the year with 34.6miles, loved the 13.1mile canal run I did on Sunday, almost forgot where i was running it was that pretty :) x x x

Hi girls! Just had to post this because I am so proud of myself! Here's a pic of when I started exercising in November, and me today :) I am running 5km non stop easily now and loving it :) really happy to see such a change in my shape :) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366918180.486128.jpg

Hi girls! Just had to post this because I am so proud of myself! Here's a pic of when I started exercising in November, and me today :) I am running 5km non stop easily now and loving it :) really happy to see such a change in my shape :) View attachment 36203

Well done, you look fab hunny :) x x x

Ive been out with the club tonight, so proud of all my group, they all managed over 5k :) x x x

Wannabemummy you look amazing! Congratulations! You must be so pleased now being able to run that far non stop now :)
How is everybody else getting on? Any runs planned for anyone?
I'm enjoying not being on a marathon training plan and just running for fun.
I'm really exited; I'm doing a night time run on Sunday night. Looks like its going to be so much fun :) here's a link if you want to look!
http://samsungnightrun.com/

Hi girls! Just had to post this because I am so proud of myself! Here's a pic of when I started exercising in November, and me today :) I am running 5km non stop easily now and loving it :) really happy to see such a change in my shape :) View attachment 36203

Wow you look fab you must be so chuffed ! Was you a beginner runner when you started ? X

BabyDust *****

Hi everyone, hope I'm ok to join in! I've not actually started running yet, but have had the best of intentions :lol: I've read this whole thread for inspiration :blush: I'm desperate to do our local parkrun which is a 5k! Hoping to be able to do it by the end of July, which is quite a challenge cos I don't think I can run at all right now! I'm a little worried everyone there'll be super fit, but according to twitter they had over 500 there last week, so they can't all be super fit can they?! :oooo:

Wow you look fab you must be so chuffed ! Was you a beginner runner when you started ? X

BabyDust *****

Yes! I've never ran before in my whole life! I hated running! :) I love it now though! :) it's amazing you see some really quick results on fitness and your body shape!

Alice - yes join us!! You should do the couch to 5k app! That's what I am doing. It's a 9 week challenge where you start with walking for a min, running for a min and then you build it up to running for 25/30 mins each time! I'm on week 8 now and running 30 mins each time! You really do see results :) and you would be able to complete it by the time you do your 5K park run in July :) xx

I've got the c25k app, but I've buggered the headphone socket on my phone :wall: so I'm thinking of just running as kong as I can then walking etc!

Welcome Alice!
If you want to track how far you've ran when you've finished you can use map my run, it's really good. When I started running I used it and found I was running longer distances than I thought. Do you have an mp3 or iPod you can listen to music from?? I find as long as I have music I'm ok. Good luck!
Xxxx

I did it :yay: took mil's dog to the park and I did a lap of a football pitch, then walked a lap, me and OH had a race the width of the pitch and back and then did around 2 pitches! I did have to walk on the big lap for a bit, but mainly cos I needed a wee and was close to an accident :blush: plus we were racing, so I was going faster than I wanted! We had a little walk after down a footpath which I think would be a decent run! So my plan is walk to the park, do a lap of the field, walk to the footpath, run that and then walk home! OH reckons it's about a mile.

I've got my iPod I can listen to, although with it being down a footpath I won't use it cos I want to keep y wits about me iykwim? One question tho, what should I wear?! My adidas joggers are too big and the tie bits broken :wall: I put leggings ad a long vest on today with a hoody, but the leggings kept coming down and the top up today! I did put my bigger leggings on tho!

Feeling really proud of myself, even tho I didn't run far, I made a start! And I'm buzzing now!

Well done! Thats fab hunni, once you get in to it you won't know yourself! Regarding what to wear if you don't want to buy anything yet maybe a looser top would stay down? Not really sure what else to suggest? I have a couple of running tights that fit really well; if my weight fluctuates they adapt appropriately iykwim?
Xxxx

I was planning on wearing a looser top, but with it being cold whacked my hoodie on! I'll try looser top and tighter leggings tomorrow! I was actually surprised by how much my fitness had improved, even though s lap of a football pitch isn't far at all, a year ago I wouldn't have managed it!

Did run number 2 :yay: I went for my smaller leggings, long vest, big t shirt and hoodie, cos I was worried I'd ne cold :wall: I was so overheated by the end! The leggings stayed up and I wasn't actually that bothered if my bum was on show! I did a different route, so am trying to get my phone to stop crashing so I can work out how far it was! I was running on average 2 mins at a time I think, although I did a fair bit of walking. Was out 1/2 hour all together! Feel awesome now, although my legs hurt!

Well done! There are few different websites you can you to calculate your mileage; map my run is one, I found it really helpful before I got my sports watch (in the days before the iPhone!)
Overheating is a real problem in this weather. I wear sweat wicking others which really help stop me getting too sweaty after I've warned up.sports direct can have done really good Nike dri fit stuff for really cheap xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back