May Testing Thread

what does the treatment involve? i don't know much about it...

I think it's really sweet that you are asking, not many people seem to care to know :)

Treatment starts with injected drugs that switch off your own natural menstural cycle and they last for a couple of week.

Then you start taking a second lot of drugs in addition to the first drugs that cause your ovaries to go into overdrive and produce several follicles at once.

Then they do regular ultrasounds and when all the follicles look ripe you take a shot of a hormone and go for surgery to have the eggs in the follicles sucked out.

They basically sedate you (or you can have general anesthetic) and cut a hole into your vaginal wall and use a large needle to stab the follicles and suck out the contents.

Then hubby makes a sample, the eggs go into a dish and then in my case they will inject one sperm cell into each egg.

Then it's the waiting game while they leave the eggs to grow. Every day the eggs get bigger, but some will die too. Hopefully you have some healthy eggs left at the end and if you do they will inject one into your uterus.

Then you need to take progesterone tablets up your bum until 12 weeks i believe, but not really sure when you stop taking progesterone :)

wow! that sounds way more hardcore than I expected!

I feel like I'm prying asking, but I'm glad you're happy to tell.

Good luck honey I'll be rooting for you, and thank you for telling me about it

wow! that sounds way more hardcore than I expected!

I feel like I'm prying asking, but I'm glad you're happy to tell.

Good luck honey I'll be rooting for you, and thank you for telling me about it

It's really made my day that you wanted to know :) Honestly :hug:

I'm out :(
After days of spotting and me thinking that it just might be implantation and the fact I was 2 days late the witch bloody got me this afternoon..Gah :(
I guess that will teach me for getting my hopes up eh!

Good Luck everyone.
x

Sorry to here that kalamity :(

Louise, good luck with it Hun. I supported one of my friends through the injections she had A major phobia of them so I had to do the injections. Dont know who was more excited lol

Fingers crossed for you both :dust:

I think it's really sweet that you are asking, not many people seem to care to know :)

:)

I'm really interested in what it entails Louise but didn't want to pry, it's such a personal journey!!!

But thank you very much for the explanation.........please can I ask that you keep us up to date with each stage??? Although not so much the progesterone up the bum bit...........................!!!!!:lol:

please can I ask that you keep us up to date with each stage??? Although not so much the progesterone up the bum bit...........................!!!!!:lol:

lol :) There are a couple of ladies in the ltttc section going through it right now, taking the drugs.

I'll definately be posting loads when i get started, i'll let you know ;)

Treatment starts with injected drugs that switch off your own natural menstural cycle and they last for a couple of week.

Then you start taking a second lot of drugs in addition to the first drugs that cause your ovaries to go into overdrive and produce several follicles at once.

Then they do regular ultrasounds and when all the follicles look ripe you take a shot of a hormone and go for surgery to have the eggs in the follicles sucked out.

They basically sedate you (or you can have general anesthetic) and cut a hole into your vaginal wall and use a large needle to stab the follicles and suck out the contents.

Then hubby makes a sample, the eggs go into a dish and then in my case they will inject one sperm cell into each egg.

Then it's the waiting game while they leave the eggs to grow. Every day the eggs get bigger, but some will die too. Hopefully you have some healthy eggs left at the end and if you do they will inject one into your uterus.

Then you need to take progesterone tablets up your bum until 12 weeks i believe, but not really sure when you stop taking progesterone :)

wow louise, that does sound like a lot to go through :hugs: i hope it all gets moving for you soon. you should do a journal, i think a few of us have probably wanted to ask but didn't want to sound nosey! xxxx

Louise, you are amazing, I don't think I would have the strength or the bottle to go through that, respect girl x

Woke up with massive lower back pain, and sure enough, it was AF :(

rubbish - more witches - I was so hoping this would be a lucky thread

have moved myself to the 30th - going to try to be in my own thread!!! (mind you, means I'm clear for the bank holiday)

I'm afraid the witch :witch: has just got me. On the plus side this cycle has been my shortest in a year (only 29 days) so at least she didn't tease me for long.

Thanks girls. I'm obviously a bit disappointed but couldn't expect to catch 1st cycle especially seeing the amazing patience of other girls on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back