May 2018 Mummies....Tri 2

Hi ladies. Sorry for the lull. My account is logged in all the time but it wouldn’t load the forum for a week for some reason. Just caught up on all the posts. Some fabulous bumps going on! Pregnant ladies are so beautiful I think. I Lee marvelling at how amazing the body is to grow a tiny human so quickly!

Re: pain relief I am going to try keep it as minimal as I can if I am lucky enough to have a natural birth, mostly for the babies. I may be ambitious with having twins but my sister got given some stronger meds just before my niece was born as they were about to do emergency C-section and Rosie appeared at her last push attempt. But she felt awful about 40 minutes later and was talking broken biscuits when I arrived and was spaced out. In reality I may be screaming ‘if it’s legal, whack it in me’ within 5 minutes. Definitely easier to be brave when not in the situation haha.

She swore by a tens machine though! I’m gonna look into getting one.

I didn’t get chance to get to Aldi to get any bits and what I tried to order online was sold out. Sure they’ll have more? Having to face reality we won’t be moved before the girls arrive so focusing on sorting our house out for their arrival. Not going to do a full nursery here though, just what’s needed and wait til we move. We figured they’ll be in with us for a bit anyway.

Hope everyone is good. I’m not too bad. Odd back ache and it’s harder to move but otherwise ok. Much love x

The aldi baby events seem to sell out really quickly online before the stuff is even for sale in the shops our 2 boxes of bum wipes came on Saturday, I got to find somewhere to put them all now lol

Last edited:
Good to hear your update CJ.

I'm feeling rather flat. I'm so tired and i just want to shut myself away and sleep. I've been sleeping every time my little one naps . I dont know whether this is down to a)normal pregnancy exhaustion b)tiredness of having interrupted sleep due to baby night wakings c)low iron d)mental health due to circumstance (every day is groundhog day right now and i am not getting any quality time out) or finally e)mental health due to pregnancy/touch of antenatal depression.

My husband is quite preoccupied with his own health condition (ulcerative colitis) and trying to find work and i feel a bit alone in the pregnancy ..however i havent really been communicating much either .....it is on my mind a lot about the birth because my last labour was so horrific (even though the actual birth part was fine, the contractions pain was just another level.....)

just feeling down i guess :(

Good to hear your update CJ.

I'm feeling rather flat. I'm so tired and i just want to shut myself away and sleep. I've been sleeping every time my little one naps . I dont know whether this is down to a)normal pregnancy exhaustion b)tiredness of having interrupted sleep due to baby night wakings c)low iron d)mental health due to circumstance (every day is groundhog day right now and i am not getting any quality time out) or finally e)mental health due to pregnancy/touch of antenatal depression.

My husband is quite preoccupied with his own health condition (ulcerative colitis) and trying to find work and i feel a bit alone in the pregnancy ..however i havent really been communicating much either .....it is on my mind a lot about the birth because my last labour was so horrific (even though the actual birth part was fine, the contractions pain was just another level.....)

just feeling down i guess :(

Aw GBLiz! I want to hug you right now. You’ve a lot on your plate with having little ones and pregnancy. It is possibly a mix of all those things. Being tired never helps the mind set and repetition can do that too. Add on the crazy hormones on top. Maybe try speak to hubby. Whilst he has things to handle too I am sure he would not want you bottling things up either. Pregnancy is a team effort (albeit the harder part is on us girls). Is there anyway you can get a half day to yourself and maybe get a massage or just grab a coffee somewhere? Not sure what to suggest as don’t know your routine and constraints. But it sounds like you need a bit of ‘me’ time. Wish I could do more to help. Please talk to us - don’t bottle it up too much xx

I can only imagine how you’re feeling Liz, I’ve been feeling super tired because of difficulty sleeping with pelvic pain and as a result I’m pretty down sometimes, and I don’t already have any children and my partner doesn’t have anything else going on, so I really feel for you. Like CJ said, is there any way you could have some me time, get out somewhere, if you could get some peace away from everything it might be really helpful x

Well, this afternoon i had a nap with my LO and then i went to a friends (her daughters are friends with my daughter) and I left LO with hubby. Felt completely normal while i got to chat, i think i just need to make sure i get enough sleep and regular time out with some one on one female company. However easier said than done as other people have busy lives and none of my friends are at the baby stage! Butit was good feeling normal and using some of the interaction-deprived parts of my brain......!!! Its good that hubby is so good with the little one. When my daughter was a baby he was a lot less mature and responsible but 10 years on I know everything will be fine if i leave the baby with him. I dont know how i'll cope if he gets a fulltime job though even now let alone when this baby comes along...... but we cant keep going with no incomes!

Eugh I feel you Sparrow with the pain! I am in pain constantly now, wondering how I got on with my other two but I probably complained all the time then too. My bump is huge and basically up to my ribs now so when I sit at my desk during the day (luckily I work from home full time now) my ribs burn with the pain. My hips are better as I'm seeing a chiropractor as I had sciatica but thats eased off now.

I just wish this baby would calm down for more than an hour at a time. Once it gets going it's getting really strong now and I hate movement up the top of my bump as my ribs hurt. When it kicks down low it's fine. It's not even just kicks anymore either it's that foot pushing across on the inside feeling that hurts.

Just wish this pregnancy was over with now. We bought a house and we close on March 14th so I'm going to be useless moving anything. Just going to have to be a zookeeper to my 3 and 5 year old.

Urk, yeah Chloe you'll just have to direct the packing!
Movements are getting a lot bigger for me too. Feels like the baby has grown loads really suddenly.

Cant believe we'll be starting to move over to 3rd tri -SundayI think it'll be for Sparrow?

I can’t get enough of Willow kicking me :) I panic when she goes quiet and try and wake her up lol, I’ve had a shitty pregnancy but feeling her kicks makes it all worth it, last night was laid in bed and I was playing on my phone and she kicked that hard my phone almost came out my hand made me jump but was awesome Lane was in awe of it.
Bought loads of clothes from mothercare yesterday should of cost around £300 got it all for £49 as everything is £2 or less so she’s well kitted out with dresses leggings cute tops and sleep suits she’s got a better wardrobe than me haha

Movements are getting a lot bigger for me too. Feels like the baby has grown loads really suddenly.

Cant believe we'll be starting to move over to 3rd tri -SundayI think it'll be for Sparrow?

I’m not sure, I keep reading conflicting things online, some say the 3rd trimester starts at the beginning of 27 weeks and others say it’s when you start 28 weeks. Holly, you’re only a day after me, what do you reckon?

The mothercare sale has been awesome, only bought a couple of bits of clothing as they didn’t have much unisex stuff but I got the breast pump I wanted, bath support, nursing pillow, and a bunch of other little bits. I also got quite a bit of clothing in the sales in boots, John Lewis and Tesco. And we got the travel system half price at mamas and papas.

Feels like we’re pregnant at a pretty good time, I’m glad it’s not the height of summer as I just couldn’t handle the heat, I get hit enough as it is! And it’s nice that the babies will all be arriving when the weather is improving so we won’t have to be stuck inside all the time.

I’m not sure, I keep reading conflicting things online, some say the 3rd trimester starts at the beginning of 27 weeks and others say it’s when you start 28 weeks. Holly, you’re only a day after me, what do you reckon?

The mothercare sale has been awesome, only bought a couple of bits of clothing as they didn’t have much unisex stuff but I got the breast pump I wanted, bath support, nursing pillow, and a bunch of other little bits. I also got quite a bit of clothing in the sales in boots, John Lewis and Tesco. And we got the travel system half price at mamas and papas.

Feels like we’re pregnant at a pretty good time, I’m glad it’s not the height of summer as I just couldn’t handle the heat, I get hit enough as it is! And it’s nice that the babies will all be arriving when the weather is improving so we won’t have to be stuck inside all the time.

Did you get the breast pump from mothercare? I only looked at the clothes as it was packed so was just a case of seeing cute clothes we liked and grabbing them before some one else took them I certainly think girls are more popular at moment as the girls stuff was selling out and there was more boys items on display.

On my nhs book it says third tri is week 28 but I was same wasn’t sure if it was week 27 or week 28 as every where says different xx

I have to say I prefered being pregnant in the better weather to this one as I never suffered with colds like I am now, it's sucks! Also having an anterior placenta is really getting me down as I want to feel proper kicks and not once or twice a day when I am led down just feeling flutters . I'm going to worry like hell further on if I'm not feeling that much

I have to say I prefered being pregnant in the better weather to this one as I never suffered with colds like I am now, it's sucks! Also having an anterior placenta is really getting me down as I want to feel proper kicks and not once or twice a day when I am led down just feeling flutters . I'm going to worry like hell further on if I'm not feeling that much

Have you looked up to see if you can feel more movements in tri 3 with Baby been bigger or know any one whose gone through it before? I think I’d be same as you as I get worried now if she’s quiet xx

I posted in tri 3 a couple of weeks ago and it seems pretty normal. I just have to lay on my side and drink something cold or fizzy then I can usually feel something straight away then x

Last edited:
I have an anterior placenta and feeling a lot more now at 25 weeks. Maybe the next few weeks the movements will just all come out of nowhere for you! Fingers crossed!

I have an anterior placenta and feeling a lot more now at 25 weeks. Maybe the next few weeks the movements will just all come out of nowhere for you! Fingers crossed!

Thanks it will be less worry if it does x

I've always gone by
Tri 1: 0-12 weeks (12 weeks)
Tri 2: 13-26 weeks (14 weeks)
Tri 3: 27 - 40 ish weeks (14 weeks)

Last edited:
We will be seing a new thread soon in tri 3 if some ladies will soon be moving over , then it gets scary lol

I’m so happy to be here never thought I’d ever be here

the main page of the forum says tri 3 is weeks 27-birth and that's what I've always gone by!

1st tri weeks 1-13 inclusive (13 weeks)
2nd tri weeks 14-26 inclusive (13 weeks)
3rd tri weeks 27-birth (11 weeks til full term (38 weeks) 13 weeks to the 40 week average, 15 weeks til max overdue 42 weeks!)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back