***March Mummies***

Omg hope ur okay!! That is my worst phobia sure babys well protected just more frightening for u and probs sore today thank god for the OH xx

Yes, I’m recovering, been very careful what I’ve eaten today,l and didn’t sleep too well last night

Yes, I’m recovering, been very careful what I’ve eaten today,l and didn’t sleep too well last night

Aww bet u have so scary hopefully u will get some rest tnyt and hopefully tmoros a better day Xx

Lovely scan photo. Certainly makes it feel more real getting to see your tiny human :)

How do people guess gender from scan pics? What’s the nub theory? X

Supposed to be if it’s flat it’s a girl and pointing up it’s a boy. Tbh I think I’ve been looking at the wrong thing! I don’t even think I can see one in this pic.
Told ds this evening, he’s so excited. It’s going to be a long wait!!! He wants a sister apparently but I’m sure he’ll change his mind 100 times!

Mine was a pure guess based on skull shape Niknak. I dont think I can see the nub on yours x

So little cry of the night i always said i would donate the babys cord to the anthony nolan scheme for stemcells but since i have been on steroids i just read i cant do so :( i had a right little weep as its something close to me im gutted but i have to look at it as those steroids were to help the little one along the way only 4 hospitals do it mine being one of them and a few others through the blood bank im gutted but i had to take the steroids <3 sorry about my winge Xx

Aww Jeni I can understand why that would upset you if you had your heart set on it. You had to do what was best for your little bean first though.

Could you do something else to keep them close? Perhaps join their donor register yourself once your pregnancy is complete? Or (even though it sounds simple) raising awareness by sharing their posts on social media? Its only recently I'd heard of them myself.

Hugs. X

Aww Jeni I can understand why that would upset you if you had your heart set on it. You had to do what was best for your little bean first though.

Could you do something else to keep them close? Perhaps join their donor register yourself once your pregnancy is complete? Or (even though it sounds simple) raising awareness by sharing their posts on social media? Its only recently I'd heard of them myself.

Hugs. X

I know my boyfriend passed away back in 2014 through cancer and he had a nightmare with stemcells and his sister was pregnant at the time he passed when she had baby she donated but she also was the one who gave him stemcells too i thought alot of people knew about it i thought it was offered but obviously not so i will defo do something to raise more awareness i cannot believe theres so few hospitals that do it but thats defo a good idea im already a donor for my organs but because i have been on alot of medications including cancer drugs last year i still cant donate for 12 months but defo something i want to do something when im in the clear it just really upset me i know my hospital do it but i didnt know how few its such a good cause .. i was going to do a breast cancer trial as im really high risk as mum and her 3 sisters have had it but because of meds again i couldnt but since being pregnant endo has given me a break life is so easy atm so fx baby is my little miracle for a break so i can do something good aswel as being blessed with lil one <3:pray:

So little cry of the night i always said i would donate the babys cord to the anthony nolan scheme for stemcells but since i have been on steroids i just read i cant do so :( i had a right little weep as its something close to me im gutted but i have to look at it as those steroids were to help the little one along the way only 4 hospitals do it mine being one of them and a few others through the blood bank im gutted but i had to take the steroids <3 sorry about my winge Xx

I’ve never heard of this, this is def something I will look into, thank you for sharing

Did anyone have the combined screening test at their 12 week scan, I’ve just had the result through for mine, I’m low risk but I was just wondering if anyone knew what determines the ratio

Did anyone have the combined screening test at their 12 week scan, I’ve just had the result through for mine, I’m low risk but I was just wondering if anyone knew what determines the ratio
I’ve got mine next Wednesday when I had it with my little girl I was increased risk everything fine in scans but something in blood flared it up apparently she was born without any health issues

If your result is a lower chance than 1 in 150, it will most often be reported as 'low risk' and no further testing will be offered. ... A 1 in 100 result means that you have a 1% risk of your baby having Down's syndrome and a 99% chance that your baby will not have the condition.

Thanks @Tigerlilly, mine was 1:32000 for downs and 1:100000 for Edwards, just wondering why the downs was lower? As you say the risk is very low, just wasn’t expecting a ratio in the letter.

Thanks @Tigerlilly, mine was 1:32000 for downs and 1:100000 for Edwards, just wondering why the downs was lower? As you say the risk is very low, just wasn’t expecting a ratio in the letter.
Not sure glad you got a good result I’m dreading both the scan and the results to the combined test as long as baby is ok that’s the best thing keep having dreams that it’s not got a heartbeat anymore

I keep worrying that also, then I get symptoms so I think all is ok, can’t wait until I can feel some movement

I keep worrying that also, then I get symptoms so I think all is ok, can’t wait until I can feel some movement
I can’t wait to have a bump and feel movement I have to stop progesterone pessaries after my scan but don’t want to as worried there the only thing keeping me pregnant

I can’t wait to have a bump and feel movement I have to stop progesterone pessaries after my scan but don’t want to as worried there the only thing keeping me pregnant

Dont worry about the progesterone its to strengthen your womb and make it the perfect place to stick by week 12 when the placenta takes over theres no need for the extra progesterone its completely strengthened you inside and lil omes in a comfy spot its just while babys developing to make sure its sticky dont worry about coming off them im on them too you will be fine!! Xx

I’ve never heard of this, this is def something I will look into, thank you for sharing

Yeh its such a good cause because it saves alot of messing around also people with difficult blood types benefit alot more iys alot easier to match and can be given straight away xx :pray:

Dont worry about the progesterone its to strengthen your womb and make it the perfect place to stick by week 12 when the placenta takes over theres no need for the extra progesterone its completely strengthened you inside and lil omes in a comfy spot its just while babys developing to make sure its sticky dont worry about coming off them im on them too you will be fine!! Xx
Thank you I wasn’t really told much about them just that I needed to be on them due to misscarriges

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back