***March 2020 mummies!***

Gave in and added the extra panel to my maternity coat this morning, Currently feeling like a house!
Our evening entertainment these days is just sitting watching my belly move!
hope everyone is doing well! X

32 Weeks +1 today

Baby still head down and feet in my ribs and boy do I know that. The pain when he kicks is so sore.

I've got another growth scan on Monday afternoon and my 2nd antenatal class in the evening. I have quite a lot of appts now and my boss keeps getting we dogs in... Saying I've got like 2 appts a week now, well I am due a baby in like 8 weeks time or less so what do you expect!!

Morning ladies :)

30+4 for us today. <3<3

Had our 4D scan yesterday and little madam wouldn't move her hands from her face :shakehead:
We got a small glimpse of her face but that is all.

We took my dad, his partner and my husbands parents with us.
They all loved it.

I had to go for a walk, drink lucozade and water to try and get her to move but she wouldnt budge :rotfl: Stubborn already!
We are going back for a rescan next saturday so fingers crossed shes a bit more co operative but i have a feeling she wont be :rotfl::rotfl:

It was still nice to see the little glimpse of her that we did.

Hows everyone else doing? Xx

@Nattles33 My wee boy did the same thing but had his feet and legs over his face. I did get like 3 good photos of his wee face sleeping before he woke up and did gymnastics.... Hopefully when you go back you will get better photos!!

I'm just tired and feeling awful from 7pm every evening. I've got 4 more weeks at work. I've a growth scan tmrw and antenatal class.

Anyone watching love island tonight? I sold one of my jewellery pieces to Laura Whitmore so a wee name drop for me haha.. Got addicted to the last series and had never watched it before then!

Aww @Nattles33 - little monkey! Nice that you get to go back and experience it again too.

33 + 2 for us today.

I've got repeat bloods tomorrow so fingers crossed these iron l3vels are on the up! Hubs has had to go away with work unexpectedly for a week, he left yesterday and good lord I'm exhausted chasing my toddler around :rotfl: managed to get some washing done and feed us a home cooked meal today though so as far as I'm concerned the day is a success.

I've had a really odd pain in my bump this weekend and unable to get hold of my midwife or anyone at EPAU. It's like a bruised feeling just above my belly button, but when I bend down or lift anything the pain takes my breath away. I'm not sure if I'm overreacting or not though... anyone else experienced anything like this?

Haha that's awesome @Alexis2017! I dont watch it but I do read the gossip columns so I know who she is!

Me and the hub will be watching love island @ 9pm.

At our scan the sonographer also said baby was transverse position...still!! Im hoping she gets a shimmy on and moves her self.

Whenever i turn over onto my right side in bed i always feel like I'm going to be squishing her head..so i instantly turn back to my left.

@Summerwine i would deffo get that checked out. Hopefully you can get hold of someone tomorrow. Better to get it checked out.

I wish the weekends were longer, with moving house and husband working nightshift just feels like the weekends fly over. Im knackered from sorting house still out so my god you should must be exhausted running after a toddler @Summerwine

Think im going to start my mat leave on 6th march...due date 18th march.

Oh is anyone getting really tingly fingers, pins and needles and numb! Has anyone experienced this?

Ive been getting this for the past couple of weeks. Going to mentiom it to midwife on Tuesday.

Hi all

32+2 today, just keep getting really bad backache. Went to look in the Asda baby event today, picked a few things up and a few clothes all unisex.

Have also ordered the bedside crib today and need to order the Pram still but have seen the one I want.

It’s getting more real everyday, I’m just on the countdown to Maternity leave now.

30 weeks today! Feel so far behind you all but I know I’m not really. 3/4 of the way there now.
@Nattles33 at least you get to see baby again! Unless I get sent for a growth scan I won’t see my little lady till she’s here. Hope you’re settling in to the new house!
We’ll be finishing work same time, I officially start may leave 9th March but I’ll finish the Thursday before on the 5th. 8 more weeks! :cheer: But holidays to take too so won’t be working all 8!:D

@Alexis2017 ignore your boss, not long to go now and you won’t have to deal with her for ages! Try not to let her get under your skin.
I’m about the only person I know that doesn’t watch love island, but you gotta love a name drop. I got one on the radio when I was working the breakfast show last weekend. I don’t do live stuff often so it’s always a thrill when I get included!

Finally got hubby into the nursery this weekend. It’s cleared out and walls prepped to paint, just need a plasterer to come skim the ceiling then we can get it kitted out! I’m desperate to get it done so I can start sorting clothes out.

@Summerwine def mention it to midwife, is it where baby kicks regularly? It could be tender from the same spot getting battered . I had something similar when madam started kicking but it has gone now.

any bump pics ladies? Here’s my 30 week bump!

2500E47E-57FD-42CE-873C-D5451965F6E1.png

No tingly fingers here - not heard that one before @Nattles33! How is the house looking?? Plenty of time for her to shift yet - you'll have to get a gym ball blown up, they reckon the shift in posture sitting on one can help baby's positioning!

Is the asda event good @Clairexx89?? My goodies from aldi have arrived today (allegedly!) Looking forward to opening them later!

Lovely bump @Niknaknoo!!

I mentioned it when I had my bloods done this morning and been told its likely bruising - little devil giving me grief already. Been told to keep an eye on it though ahead of midwife next week (should be gone by then!)

Just bought myself some raspberry leaf tea... it's getting real now.

32 +4

Growth scan today has showed baby has taken growth spurt and is now measuring just above 50th centile! He also has hair now... Too cute!

Scan is side of his face.. Bit of a close up. His head is tilted back a bit too

Screenshot_20200113_173014.jpg IMG_20200113_165820_656.jpg

Lovely pictures @Alexis2017 and @Niknaknoo, I will post one later, not really taken many pregnancy pictures.

@Summerwine Asda baby event was ok, got the tommee tipppee start set for £60 reduced from £130, what did you get from
Aldi? Might have to check it out if is any good.

Went to Matalan tonight and get a few more babygrows.

Aww I'm loving the bump pics! My bump is crazy low - I keep telling hubs I'm scared hes going to fall out while in wandering around tesco :rotfl:

That's a great deal @Clairexx89! I think matalan is definitely one of the best places for babygrows. They have some lovely designs and wash really well.

We got a changing mat, bedside crib and hundreds of wet wipes in the baby event! Just finished putting up the bedside crib and have to say I'm very pleased with it.

Hi everyone, Had my consultant appointment today, first one since i got pregnant. They want to sweep me at 38 weeks, anyone else had that? I was having a sweep at 40 plus 3 with my boy but never got round to it.

I've got a growth scan at 32 weeks too and 36, think it's a bit overkill tbh.. Maybe this is because I opted for a vbac? Seemed really happy anyway.

Im shattered cause I've got bloody restless leg, keep getting cramps and my backs in pieces. No pregnancy is the same for sure. I never felt any of this with my first (apart from tired).

I did the aldi event too, I got a nappy bin, dummies, changing mat, towels, muslin cloths (their muslin cloth are the best they don't fade at all and are quite big as are the towels). I couldn't find anything else we needed.. I was tempted with moses basket but ill buy a crib for downstairs now.

Hubby tried to say I’m as big now as when I finally have birth to ds! I was like absolutely not! I’m bigger this time for sure but not that big (yet!) Had to get a picture out to show him.
We’re lucky to still have most things we need. I bought a next 2 me crib to share with my cousin when she had her 2nd so I’ve just ordered a new mattress and sheets for that. Bit sad that I don’t have the same excitement of going out and buying everything but at least I’m saving money!

@SpiritedAway i had a sweep at 40 weeks with ds, they wouldn’t do it any earlier. Hoping to sweet talk the midwife to do it earlier this time though...not that it did any good. I was told I was already 4cm dilated and continued to go to 41+5 for induction!
That sweep was my first ever encounter with a male midwife! Was bizarre!

oooh matalan is one place I haven’t been yet. That’s my plan for Friday post school run!

Haha bloody men @Niknaknoo. Yes think of the money. We haven't needed to buy much - the few bits we have had to buy are only because #1 is still young enough that we are keeping a changing table in his room (for example) and need a tandem buggy now as hes still not walking long distances.

I did not know you could request and earlier sweep! Midwife wouldnt give me one until 41 weeks last time, then had 3 in 4 days before induction. Would like to space them out and actually give them a chance to work this time.

Am I right in thinking they wont let you go past 40 weeks for a VBAC @SpiritedAway? That might be the reason for early sweep? Although if you arent happy or dont want it, you can always say no.

Ooh a male midwife... not sure how I'd feel about that...

@Niknaknoo Its weird isn't it?? Everyone I know was last few days of 39 or 40 weeks. I said I wasn't keen on being induced, as last time I was induced it was horrible experience I was so sore from the pessaries.

Ah see, I had a consultant check me as I had a bit of fluid leaking and it made me feel uncomfortable.. Smears have always been with lady nurses, I'd feel awkward, specially since I can't reach properly to shave anywhere anymore :rotfl:x

@Summerwine I mean I don't mind lol, husband does as he doesn't finish his work until the week before Im due. I don't want to be induced if I can help it, as above it really hurt me with the pessaries (like having multiple thrush tablets over 2 days. It was painful enough to be messed with constantly.

I have a booklet, I'm not sure about the 40 week thing, I will ask that next time I see them or my mw. With DS I got to 38 and my waters started leaking so I was induced. Maybe sweep is because they don't want me to go over x

Aww I'm loving the bump pics! My bump is crazy low - I keep telling hubs I'm scared hes going to fall out while in wandering around tesco :rotfl:

That's a great deal @Clairexx89! I think matalan is definitely one of the best places for babygrows. They have some lovely designs and wash really well.

We got a changing mat, bedside crib and hundreds of wet wipes in the baby event! Just finished putting up the bedside crib and have to say I'm very pleased with it.

Went to Aldi tonight and have got 2 baby sleeping bags and some towels.

31 weeks today.

I had my midwife appointment yesterday tingly fingers and numbness its carpal tunnel which you can get in pregnancy. Midwife said just to watch out for swelling..i havent really noticed any swelling yet. She said if i do and it gets bad to get checked out.

Little missy is still trying transverse but shes flipped sides so head is left side and legs right. Midwife said not to worry unless we get to 36 weeks and shes still that way! Lets hope she turns.

Got 32 week growth scan on Tuesday so lets see how shes growth. She was fine at 28 week scan so fingers crossed the same this time.

We also have been to aldi baby event stocked up on baby wipes xx

Glad it nothing too serious @Nattles33, baby was breach at 31 weeks for me, told the same that I would be sent for a scan at 36 week if it doesn’t turn, have my 34 week appointment next week so it will see if it’s turned by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back