***March 2020 mummies!***

Glad you are settling at home @Niknaknoo

I’ve had cramps the last 2 days but nothing more, have to go to the hospital at 2pm on Thursday for my induction.

I’ve got a busy day planned for tomorrow, so let hope that brings on my labour.

@Alexis2017 how are you getting on? Haven’t heard from you in a while.

did everyone that wants to see and join Facebook group? I think some may have missed it.can post details again if anyone needs. X

What an experience my birth was. Went into hospital for 8pm, I got examined and then decided to break waters straight away without pessary. Hormone drip attached at 1am. Slowly started to have contractions. Examined at 10:30, I was only 3cm. However, I was experiencing severe pain at around 11:45. Screamed for an epidural (too late) got examined and I was 10cm and ready to push. Lots of midwives and doctors rushed in at 11:50, saying they needed to get baby out quickly as his heart rate was dropping. They used a suction cap and within 10mins, he arrived. Suffered a second degree tear and 1.5 litres of blood loss alongside a postpartum haemorrhage. Got taken to theatre to get stitched and to stop the bleeding.

Baby Noah Christopher arrived on 18.03.20 at 12:03pm weighing 8lbs. We are so in love. Still in hospital due to struggling to feed but slowly getting there. Hopefully home tomorrow!

What an experience my birth was. Went into hospital for 8pm, I got examined and then decided to break waters straight away without pessary. Hormone drip attached at 1am. Slowly started to have contractions. Examined at 10:30, I was only 3cm. However, I was experiencing severe pain at around 11:45. Screamed for an epidural (too late) got examined and I was 10cm and ready to push. Lots of midwives and doctors rushed in at 11:50, saying they needed to get baby out quickly as his heart rate was dropping. They used a suction cap and within 10mins, he arrived. Suffered a second degree tear and 1.5 litres of blood loss alongside a postpartum haemorrhage. Got taken to theatre to get stitched and to stop the bleeding.

Baby Noah Christopher arrived on 18.03.20 at 12:03pm weighing 8lbs. We are so in love. Still in hospital due to struggling to feed but slowly getting there. Hopefully home tomorrow!

congratulations! Sorry to hear it was rough. That bloody hormone drip has a lot to answer for!
Well done , he’s gorgeous, and wishing you a speedy recovery! X

Had midwife today, Thea has lost 9% of her birth weight so we’re being re-weighed on Sunday. Guess they have to be happy with weight before they discharge us. Otherwise all good! She’s very much got day and night confused! I have to wake her to feed during the day but night time it’s unending.

Well im a bit pissed off with the health visitor to say the least.

She was meant to be here Tuesday due to events with Coronavirus all appointments cancelled which is fair enough.

So i returned her call as she left a voice mail tuesday morning saying she was cancelled and wanted a chat over the phone.
Anyways she was on the othet line so i left a message with reception for her to call me back.
By wednesday afternoon no phone call back so i rang again to get 'shes busy' so my reply was...well she had an appointment yesterdsy at 3.30pm surely she should have rang me then since thats what time my appointment originally was. I got told she'd ring me back......still nothing. Rang again Thursday morning got an automated voicemail so left a message.
I give up!! I now have a 3 weeks old baby who is my first child and the health visitor hasn't even got the decency to ring me back.
Thank god we're coping okay and I've recovered quickly and pretty well from C section.
Was my first week on my own this week as husband is back on nights...we've survived. Tiring but we've done it.

Heres s little pic 3 weeks today <3<3

20200320_093043.jpg

Oh congratulations @Sunrise212!! What a little beauty. Love his name.

Aww @Niknaknoo I hope she learns time soon! That sounds tough!!! 9% doesnt sound particularly high for a breastfed baby?

I LOVE that outfit @Nattles33. Beautiful.

The community midwife team and health visitors in my area dont even make appointments. They just give you a day and you are expected to wait in for them. Bloody inconvenient - even more so if they then dont turn up.

Well im a bit pissed off with the health visitor to say the least.

She was meant to be here Tuesday due to events with Coronavirus all appointments cancelled which is fair enough.

So i returned her call as she left a voice mail tuesday morning saying she was cancelled and wanted a chat over the phone.
Anyways she was on the othet line so i left a message with reception for her to call me back.
By wednesday afternoon no phone call back so i rang again to get 'shes busy' so my reply was...well she had an appointment yesterdsy at 3.30pm surely she should have rang me then since thats what time my appointment originally was. I got told she'd ring me back......still nothing. Rang again Thursday morning got an automated voicemail so left a message.
I give up!! I now have a 3 weeks old baby who is my first child and the health visitor hasn't even got the decency to ring me back.
Thank god we're coping okay and I've recovered quickly and pretty well from C section.
Was my first week on my own this week as husband is back on nights...we've survived. Tiring but we've done it.

Heres s little pic 3 weeks today <3<3

View attachment 90435
Happy 3 weeks!
And well done for surviving your first week! I’m absolutely dreading dan going back, a newborn and a 5year old is going to be fun!
Not great that the hv is being rubbish, but I do think we have to be a bit understanding at this time. I got a letter saying they’d be with me between 11-3 on Thursday. At least we’re unlikely to be going anywhere!
Thea was a star last night, only woke up once! Hoping for a repeat performance tonight.

Im totally understanding the reason for her not coming out but its the whole in ringing her back since tuesday and she hasnt even bothered to return my call.

She only woke up once @Niknaknoo im so jealous haha. Glad shes settling in well.

Thanks @Summerwine its tiny baby think she'll be in newborn clothes soon. Weighed her st home today and shes up to 5lb 8oz. So we're getting there! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back