Ladies doing IUI or IVF - 2016 (11 BFPs so far!)

Oh this is the worst news... so sorry lovely

I'm also out as well, my 1st failed IVF, seeing my period come feels like a miscarriage in itself doesn't it... you convince and pray that you're pregnant when those little beans are transferred.

All so harsh.. hugs to all of you with BFN and the losses xx

Oh ladies, I am so so sorry to hear all of your news, I only popped on to see how u were all doing ☹️

I am sending so much strength to all of u. We will all get there in the end I truly believe it! Xx

I have been through the mill a bit after my initial bleeding, have been under the Early pregnancy unit since then and have finally been discharged this week. When I had my first scan with them they initially thought I had a double ectopic (one in each tube) and was booked in for an emergency exploratory laparoscopy the next day......turned out it was just fibroids in the way fortunately. Then I didn’t bleed enough (bleeding stopped after 4hrs) so there was then talk of a D&C but I then began bleeding again and ended up anaemic instead....miscarriage really is the gift that keeps on giving :roll:

The most glaring abnormality from the results of all my tests was that my white blood cell count was very high at the time of my miscarriage so I am doing my best to research immune systems attacking embryos. It seems a very controversial subject so I have mailed my test results to my clinic and am awaiting their reply. Have any of u had any dealings with this subject? I know most miscarriages just happen and usually for good reason but if I am lucky enough to get a BFP again I would like to know I have done everything possible to avoid the same outcome again.

I think I will have one more go next year and then I really will be done. I have been in touch with some local authorities regarding adoption and I think that will be my way forward from there.

Be kind to yourselves and look after you. Xx

Well, my babys heart stopped beating sometime last week, had a small bleeding so I went do the ER, I demanded an ultrasound-reference. Got an ultrasound this morning.
Waiting for a call from the hospital telling me when I can come in for the surgery to get it out of me :wall2:
Feeling so hopeless now.

My heart just sank reading this....I am SO sorry for your loss, Tiger Paws.

Oh this is the worst news... so sorry lovely

I'm also out as well, my 1st failed IVF, seeing my period come feels like a miscarriage in itself doesn't it... you convince and pray that you're pregnant when those little beans are transferred.

All so harsh.. hugs to all of you with BFN and the losses xx

HUGS Jezby

We're starting our IVF journey in January and somewhere in my deluded mind I thought that the first round will be all that it takes....it reminds me of how I thought that TTC would be an exciting journey.

So, here I am - if you ladies will have me :wave:

Started this journey in April last year - actually feels like a lifetime ago. It took me quite a while to finally accept that DH and I need help.

DH had a small op done in July which doctors said would improve his sperm mobility and quality (which was low due to an enlarged vein in his scrotum) and that if things didn't result in a pregnancy then we would be called back - which happened. He needs to do another sperm test on the 15th of January and then we both have our appointments with the urologist and then my gynecologist on the 22nd of January to confirm the first steps of IVF. Which seems to be a truck load of meds to get me to O etc - you all know more than I do anyway.

I'm nervous and I don't think I'm allowing myself to get excited (although I do want to be hopeful that it will work) - we'll have to pay for everything ourselves so I am praying so hard to God that He could bless us with a positive outcome on the first try else I'll probably have to wait another year before we can try again... :wall2:

Anyway, in the meantime I'm just going to hang out with you ladies as I desperately need to talk to people who are going through the same thing.

So, here I am - if you ladies will have me :wave:

Started this journey in April last year - actually feels like a lifetime ago. It took me quite a while to finally accept that DH and I need help.

DH had a small op done in July which doctors said would improve his sperm mobility and quality (which was low due to an enlarged vein in his scrotum) and that if things didn't result in a pregnancy then we would be called back - which happened. He needs to do another sperm test on the 15th of January and then we both have our appointments with the urologist and then my gynecologist on the 22nd of January to confirm the first steps of IVF. Which seems to be a truck load of meds to get me to O etc - you all know more than I do anyway.

I'm nervous and I don't think I'm allowing myself to get excited (although I do want to be hopeful that it will work) - we'll have to pay for everything ourselves so I am praying so hard to God that He could bless us with a positive outcome on the first try else I'll probably have to wait another year before we can try again... :wall2:

Anyway, in the meantime I'm just going to hang out with you ladies as I desperately need to talk to people who are going through the same thing.

Hey Kat ! I'm on cycle 25 of ttc now. I sign my consent forms in about 10 days and start IVF mid Jan or earlt Feb. Hope your doing okay? I habe low amh so will be on a long protocol and lots of stim drugs. Still praying for a rainbow baby. Not giving up ....yet. A x

I am rooting for you Alexis, as always!
I'm on cycle 19 of ttc now, not so much as a wiff of a bfp which is frustrating!
It feels like forever till we could actually have the procedure done.
I think it's going to be amazing going into a 2WW knowing there's at least a chance that you might be pregnant. I can't wait to get to experience that!
FX 2019 will be our year where we both get to announce our BFP! :dust:

PS> Looks like our journey's are going to start at the same time, IVF-buddies :flower:

I am rooting for you Alexis, as always!
I'm on cycle 19 of ttc now, not so much as a wiff of a bfp which is frustrating!
It feels like forever till we could actually have the procedure done.
I think it's going to be amazing going into a 2WW knowing there's at least a chance that you might be pregnant. I can't wait to get to experience that!
FX 2019 will be our year where we both get to announce our BFP! :dust:

PS> Looks like our journey's are going to start at the same time, IVF-buddies :flower:

It will be good to have each other on this road ahead. Keep in touch! X

Ladies, just popped in to say I'm really sorry to read all this sad news and to offer my hugs xxx

Right, an update for us (now I've got a minute)

- I've had another lap, hysteroscopy and ovarian drilling. My period straight after was 28 days (woo). Then the drs offered to repeat my NK tests as they've changed the analysis. That was last week and brought my period on but I've not had much pain with either.
- Husband has broken his ankle(!)
- We are going to use our last frostie, then fly off to Serum for a fresh cycle. My consultant says the overseas clinics are excellent and they work closely with EmbryoLab and one in Spain. We love that we have the backing from our NHS consultant!
- I'm under a dietician to increase my weight and my BMI has gone up from 15 to 20 with the help of shakes.
- I've got kidney issues, probably from my epilepsy meds, so I'm having to change them. This isn't a bad thing as I've always blamed them for my cycle issues.

I asked if the issue was likely my lining or embryo and she said lining, so the only thing we can do is keep trying. She did mention surrogacy but it's too expensive (here, at least). Never ever thought we'd need to go down there routes! Ah well...

xx

Last edited:
Heya Phonix :hugs:

Good to hear from you again!

Glad that your procedures went well and that you had minimal pain, sorry about DH breaking his ankle OUCH!
Keeping my FX for when you do the transfer again - I really hope that you don't have to consider other options like surrogacy, as I can only imagine what the financial complications are!
I hope that the new meds will help your kidney function and that it will make a real difference concerning your chances. It's good that you are gaining some weight, I would love to be told that I need to eat more hahahaha

I think it's good news that it is a lining issue rather than an embryo issue - there's a lot that you can do to improve lining!

Rooting for you hunni <3:pompom:

Ok, TMI on the way here.

So the last couple of weeks have been a living hell :wall2:
I took cytotek two times last Thursday and had a major bleeding, it was literally just pouring out of me with clots for 7-9hours, I bled through pads, clothes, towels and into the couch without even feeling it myself. Went to the ER to check my blood levels and such, they were okay.

Still felt pregnant as f.

Friday until Tuesday I had mild bleeding and some clots, mostly brown.. of course I had to change some pads once in a while but it wasn't bad.

This Wednesday I had stomach pains right before a Christmas gathering with my class, and the girl next to me was complaining that she felt pregnant again since she'd eaten so much. Several times during the meal and after.
She had her baby in may after getting pregnant at the same time she quit birth control last year. I can barely stand her because of that already.
So I got nauseous during the meal since hcg wasn't even close to going out of my system by then.. and when I got home the stomach pain had developed into a bit of fresh blood again.

Yesterday I didnt go to school at all, my mood was so bad and I felt awfull, a little bit of fresh blood. This morning I barfed in my own mouth trying to get some anti-nausea meds down to get through the school-day. I got to school and the pain was back, got through the day without too much hassle.

Then went to the mall with my man for like 20 minutes and shit went down, it was pouring out of me and I nearly bled through my maxi-pad. Barely got to the toilet to change it. Got in the car and went home, sat on a pillow in the car to absorb blood if I bled through, luckily I didn't. Nearly missed the toilet before the blood spatter shot out of me like a garden hose, clots like crazy and it even gave me a backsplash so I got blood all over my tshirt :shock:
And since I started bleeding so bad again I brought a towel and a padded absorbing sheet to the couch, fell asleep for an hour and woke up covered in blood.

You guys, I'm feeling like shit, like I was hit by a truck, but finally I can feel my hcg going down. :dance:

Oh, and I'm also fighting a UTI

Last edited:
So we have just signed consent forms for ICSI and just waiting for a slot to be avaliable to start. Most likely Jan Feb or even March.

Feels like a mountain climb away ! I'm on a longish protocol so it's more detailed than I thought. Hats off to you ladies who have been through this , I am very scared and a tad bit hopeful x

Good Lord TigerPaws......I cannot imagine losing all that blood and being ok (physically). It's incomprehensible!
I am so sorry that you are feeling like this xxx I have no words....I really cannot imagine what you are going through.
:hugs: <3 ..I'm so sorry

So we have just signed consent forms for ICSI and just waiting for a slot to be avaliable to start. Most likely Jan Feb or even March.

Feels like a mountain climb away ! I'm on a longish protocol so it's more detailed than I thought. Hats off to you ladies who have been through this , I am very scared and a tad bit hopeful x

It's great seeing your hopeful side returning inch by inch! Not long now! You are almost there! <3

Ladies, just popped in to see how everyone is doing and to update, so sorry to read about the miscarriages and bfns.

We had a healthy baby boy on 14 Nov by planned csection which was a great experience. If anyone is considering donor eggs, do it. I couldn’t love him any more if he was own egg and if I had the chance to go back and have a baby with my own eggs I wouldn’t because then I wouldn’t have this little boy.

Wishing everyone so much luck and love x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back