Ladies doing IUI or IVF - 2016 (11 BFPs so far!)

Hiya.... yeah, is rather frustrating. to be honest, I guess when I got the go ahead to have ivf, you kinda have it in your head it will happen quickly...... sigh...
Well, the nurse told me to ring them back on my first day of my period and to tell the person that I’m having the prostap injection then the short protocol .....so Confusing!!

Trying not to google too much!
Hope you’re feeling well xx

Well, last scan done today and from the original 9 follicles 2 weeks ago, we only have 3 good to go. The consultant wanted us to consider abandoning the cycle but we've decided to go ahead with the collection on Monday. Bit gutted we haven't got more and know that the chances of this working are now so slim but nothing we can do now apart from just go ahead with it.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend x

Congrats 20%%%%%%%%!!! yay!!!!!

you've been in my thoughts although I didn't have time to check in on here.

what great news!!! hoping that you see some strong lines in the coming days!!! xxxxx

Congratulations 20, that’s amazing news. Happy and healthy 9 months to you!

Katie, at my last scan they said I only had 3/4 good sized follicles and we went ahead. I woke up to having 11 eggs collected by some miracle. So don’t lose hope! Good luck!

Hope everyone else is doing well xx

Hello Blueflower!

Thank u ��

I remember you from these pages when I first joined, how are u? And how are your scrummy babies?xx

They will be 2 in December! Just been taking videos of them saying "mummy" in their treehouse, it's adorable! So happy for you! :D

Blueflower!!! I missed this last time I logged on!:shock: I’m so sorry!

I can’t believe they are two!! They were only just due last I remember!!:shock: Ah, so lovely, I hope u r enjoying every minute and are managing to get at least some sleep now and then ��

Tina, keep us posted! It’ll b worth the wait if it gets u to ur BFP ��

Katie, I’ve got everything crossed for u for Monday, sending u lots of baby dust :)

Thank u MrsS! ��

Ah, tinselcat, thank u! Do u think u’ll b going ahead in December? Xx

I’m a bit stressed today. I’ve had some (WARNING TMI ALERT!!!) kind of brown coloured CM today and yesterday. It’s only now and then when I wipe, not all the time and it hasn’t changed or got any better or worse. I have taken to google so of course I have diagnosis’s ranging from nothing to worry about to having only a few weeks left to live with the miscarriage warning coming out somewhere in between. I really don’t know what to think and I guess there r no answers this early on so it is just a wait and see game. I’m not good at waiting and seeing ��

I hope u r all well ��xx

Last edited:
Hi 20%

Oh, that's one of those things that could mean something or nothing, it's common even if the pregnancy is fine. Not much you can do except ride it out, are you able to chill and rest up today?

I'm unlikely to do any of stuff any time soon, as I'm just buying a house (completed in November) and applying for a new, more senior job. I'm wondering if that's me now having missed the boat for my own eggs. :-/

20% congrats on your bfp! the spotting doesnt have to be anything at all, xxing for you!

Thank u ladies, ur all very lovely 😊

I don’t want to jinx it but it seems to have all calmed down for now.....not had any spotting since mid morning today.....I do wonder if this is self inflicted cause I wasn’t thinking on Thursday in the supermarket and I just packed my bags as I usually would. Did feel a bit of a pull when I picked up one of the heavier bags. 😬. Separated it all out in to many more bags once i got to the car but maybe that caused a little tear somewhere. Who knows!

Of course I am also on progesterone....so it could be that that’s preventing any stronger bleeding. It’s just a never ending mind game this ivf/pregnancy malarkey isn’t it :roll: Anyway, I am feeling more hopeful now than I did this morning so that’s something at least 😊

Tinselcat, congratulations on the new house!! 😁 Good luck with the promotion too 🤞 I think only u can know if ur done with the ivf thing or not. I thought originally I would adopt if I couldn’t use my own eggs because, as I’m using donor sperm too, what difference does it make if no part of them r from me.....but then it turned out my eggs were past their sell by date and I just wasn’t ready to give up on my dream of growing and carrying a baby. It is very hard. Xx

Hey girls!

Small update from me. So had my eggs collected yesterday and we got 3. Which after the scan on Friday, I was really pleased with.

Embriologist rang today to say that from the 3 we only have 1 viable embrio which will be going back in tomorrow afternoon.

Not sure how I feel about a day two transfer (as I've heard mixed things on why they do this) but I'm just pleased we have 1 still in the running!

Huge hugs and dust to all

X

Keep positive Katie 😊 it only takes one good one to give u ur take home baby 😊 wishing u all the luck in the world xx

I heard from the clinic today. They do not feel the spotting I had was anything to worry about and my beta HCG came back today as 241 so I’m cautiously happy and now just have to wait for my 6-7wk scan.

I hope everyone is doing ok xx

Well, that's it! I'm now officially in my 2 week wait!

Our embryologist was amazing and said that the embryo was top quality and couldn't have been any better. So now just a waiting game!

Huge hugs and baby dust to you all! Lord knows how I'm going to keep my brain away from POAS haha!

Katie, with my first IVF we had 5 fertlise and I think 2 that looked good. They did a day 3 transfer and their reasoning is, if there are a limited number then there is no point waiting. The best place for the embryos is in your womb. If there are more to play with then they wait to choose the best out of those. It doesn't mean You have less chance at all, best of luck to you xx

That’s great news Katie!! Got everything crossed for u and looking forward to hearing u have got ur BFP! 😊 sending loads of baby dust xx

Hey ladies,

I hope everyone is well and that u r doing ok with the 2ww Katie.

I am writing this post for the saddest of reasons. I’m devastated to report that I miscarried my little bean last night 😞. I guess we all know this is just one of the risks we take when we undertake IVF but it just seems so very cruel. I am grateful it has happened so early on though, I guess it would be so much harder to take further down the road. I suspect this is not quite the end of the road for me and I may just have one more try but I’m gonna take some time out now and give my body a rest from all the hormones.

Wishing all of you lovely ladies all the luck in the world and sending u loads of baby dust for ur sticky little beans as they come along xx

20% im so sorry, I'm sending you the biggest hug possible x

20percent, I am so sorry to read that. Life can be very cruel. Take time to heal, I hope there is a little rainbow in your future x

So sorry to log on and read this..... like others have said....take time to heal and look after yourself... sending hugs xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back