Labour and Birth - Things the Movies don't tell us!!

the only reason i knew about it was because of this thread!! lol

One thing i was surprised about was the afterpains, i didnt expect to still be getting contraction-like pains, and the pains whilst breast feeding either! x

One thing i was surprised about was the afterpains, i didnt expect to still be getting contraction-like pains, and the pains whilst breast feeding either! x

Same!

How long do you get after pains for? And how painful are they? x

I didn't get any afterpains. But the contracting while breastfeeding is odd lol.
Because of the contracting my uterus was doing due to breastfeeding, I lost 2 huge clots of blood that covered my whole pad. It was like a massacre in my loo!! No one prepares u for that kind of thing x

Tapatalking from my blackberry!

Yeah the gushes of blood when breast feeding are something else! Don't ever breast feed naked in the early hours!!!! X

I had a huge congealed blood loss the 2nd night after I was home, it fell into my jammie bottoms, was the size of both palms of my hands... Like a jelly fish... Xxx

I had a huge congealed blood loss the 2nd night after I was home, it fell into my jammie bottoms, was the size of both palms of my hands... Like a jelly fish... Xxx

Me too!!! I went for a wee and that happened! I screamed, thought my insides were dropping out! Lol my 2 year old ran in saying are you ok mummy???!!!! I had to make up that I'd bumped my toe on the radiator and got hubby to take him downstairs quick lol x

Me too!!! I went for a wee and that happened! I screamed, thought my insides were dropping out! Lol my 2 year old ran in saying are you ok mummy???!!!! I had to make up that I'd bumped my toe on the radiator and got hubby to take him downstairs quick lol x

It's not funny, but when you look back it's pretty horriffic...! I shouted my boyfriend. He just looked at it, and me... Was awful!! I think it had been because I was sleeping, it hadn't been running out me. The blood loss was awful xxx

It's not funny, but when you look back it's pretty horriffic...! I shouted my boyfriend. He just looked at it, and me... Was awful!! I think it had been because I was sleeping, it hadn't been running out me. The blood loss was awful xxx

I know, you're so right!! Xxx

nobody told me that after the force of pushing, my backside would be extremely numb.... so numb and not under control that I didnt realise that I had to go to the toilet for a number two until it was too late! This was about 7 hours after birth.
The overall numbness lasted about 3 weeks for me

I never had the after pains or contracting while bfing :-o that must be so weird.. I had phantom kicks for so long after..

My bum was sorer than my foof, I had sex before I pooed :blush: it took me so long to poo! X

Last edited:
you do feel like someone has forced a baseball bat up your bum...,very hard!!!

no one tells you that you cant hold pumps in for weeks....lol....they just come out....especially when laughing and thats usually in company. very embarrassing xx

If I didnt know better I would say odhran came out of my bum ha ha x

ha ha yeah...it does feel a bit like that. think i was very bruised in my bum from the forceps x

Weirdly I didn't have a sore bum! Must have been one of the lucky ones xx

my baby was back to back...might have something to do with it......just though of that xx

Odhran was back to back too maybe that's a link? Oh you poor thing with forceps :hug:

Agree ! Aoibheann was back to back and I was the same ! Not nice

Lol Mhairi was back to back and I was the same! I only stopped hurting when going to the loo when she was 7 months! Was just being referred for tests when it stopped hurting, typical lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back