Labour and Birth - Things the Movies don't tell us!!

i cried for weeks...never mind just after day 3...lol

no one tells you just how emotional you will feel...xx

Thats true!

I still feel over emotional at times, and iw asnt like that before i had LO!

I remember kneeling up the back of the bed, with my open back gown on, and 4 doctors doing there rounds trail in...
I looked around asked who they were then went back to my gas and air...
Dignity really does go out the window xxx

Massively!!
I asked the mw and my husband to check to see if poo was coming out when I was sitting on the toilet, just before I was able to push baby out.
Really, leave ur dignity at the door! The amount of people that have a look and a poke at ur bits is incredible. In my 20hrs of labour, I had 4 different people have a poke, but u really don't care either. Ur body goes into auto-pilot! X

Tapatalking from my blackberry!

Massively!!
I asked the mw and my husband to check to see if poo was coming out when I was sitting on the toilet, just before I was able to push baby out.
Really, leave ur dignity at the door! The amount of people that have a look and a poke at ur bits is incredible. In my 20hrs of labour, I had 4 different people have a poke, but u really don't care either. Ur body goes into auto-pilot! X

It so does doesn't it!

I had bloo taken from babys head and a clip put on babys head and as a result had quite a few people just sticking their hands up there!

I had about 20 people Iooking at my bits when they tried
Forceps in the delivery suite before
My emergency c section!!!!! Mostly
Men ! I didn't
Care lol

Mum of Owen. Born 11/7/11 @ 19.17pm weighing 7lb 12 oz :)

The blood - the amount of the stuff after it. When I was going for my shower she sat me on the edge of the bed, rolled up the bed sheet and told me to put it between my legs while I walked to the shower... It was soaked. Was like I was peeing blood.
And then when I got back to the ward I was sitting on the ward with a pad on, and a mat on my bed and I just felt a woosh!!! And my bed was soaked... I had to call the midwife to get her to change my bed. And that happened a couple of times.xxx

Dignity most deffo goes out the window, while in labour then and also with c section being numb from the waste down hearing the midwife tell the student how to insert you catheter but feeling nothing, mortified!

Ooohhhh... The catheter... Forgot about that! Haha!!xx

What about the painkiller they give you after the birth - and it's not administered orally!

I had a hand/arm up my foof pushing baby back up whilst my section was being performed...

I lost 2 litres if blood and needed a transfusion.

It was soooo worth it though.

no one told me that if baby is coming down the birth canal in a funny position and there is no one available to do a c section, cos its the middle of the night!.....they will bring a very small doctor in who could hardly see over the bed...who would do a James Herriott type Vet move and stick his arm up your foof and turn the baby!! All the time not topping up your pain relief because again 'there is no one available'

eeeeek.......lets hope baby number 2 is in a better position xx

What about the painkiller they give you after the birth - and it's not administered orally!

ooh yes I'd forgotten that!

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

Haha!!! I had a finger up my bum to see how bad the tear was, then the painkiller... My poor bum didn't know what had happened!!

they do it when they are checking that you havent torn! they stick their fingers up your bum and pop one up while they are doing this :)

to be honest...the whole area is so in shock anyway you dont notice it...lol

i was in so much pain for days after with everything that went on....I actually volunteered to have another 2 put up my bum two days in a row! That just shows how much pain i was in...ha ha..I have to say, they are amazing! xx

That explains why I was in more pain 2 days after birth than I was the night of it lmao!
Cheeky sod, lol x

No one told me about fingers up the bum!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back