Home birth???

Menie13

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

Just have a chat with my mw today regarding birth plan, and she brought to me one of the plan I never considered, the home birth.
She mentionned, ladies found the labour much better and easier than in a hospital. I also previously read the same but never considered it for the reasons than if I need blood transfusion or epidural, I will need to go back to the hospital..
But as she said, they detect early if the future mummy is having difficulty in labour etc..and then bring her to the hospital if needed.

Any ladies who gave birth at home?

I'm planning a home birth too. I'm not worried as they do pick up problems very early on way before they get to the emergency level plus you normally get 2 midwives attend and an ambulance on standby. How close are you to hospital if you needed to go in? Best thing is to read and research loads to help you decide, lots of areas also have those birthing centers which are similar to a home birth, although you havent got long to decide! my midwife said she needed to know by 34 weeks to put everything in place!

If you go into the birth announcements section and go back about 4/5 pages (maybe more) There is a birth story by Mervs Mum who had a wonderful home birth and she documented it really well.

There are so many positive to birthing at home and your more likely for there to be no complications are your more relaxed. Ill be opting for a homebirth if I have another I think. Good luck!

Thank you ladies, I will look at the thread.
The hospital will be around 7 miles from my home, I have another appointment with the MW on the 19th..which I guess I should be able to tell her or maybe I better to text her to ask her when she needs to know. She said in the area I am in (Winchester) they are frequently doing the home birth. I am tempted to go with that plan in a sense, it could be nicer to be at home.

My wife tried to persuade me to go along with the whole home birthing thing...as someone who has always grown up in medical environments I just wanted the comfort of being there in case something went wrong. Being at home would be so nice - I was just sooo nervous!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back