Baby's Movement Throughout Labour and Birth...

BabysMomma

Reaction score
Hey ladies :wave:

Was just wondering if anyone could tell me if the baby moves throughout the labour and birth process?

Obviously they're moving down the birth canal to make their entrance into the world, but I mean like kicks and punches as we feel throughout pregnancy. Or do they not move like that at all? x

Apparently they do move all the way out but not much as they're getting so squished up - my NCT lady said sometimes their little fingernails can scratch on the way out! Nice...

x

Well I just got back from Antenatal where MW said that babys carry on as usual during labour... Sleeping, waking up, moving about, hiccups, etc etc.... :) x

Interesting thread :) hadn't really thought about it much before!

I just assumed for some reason that there wouldn't be much movement - don't know why really lol

xxx

Oooh, I was wondering this the other day actually. Wasn't sure what it would be doing in there to be honest! Hopefully our babies will give us a helping hand and kick themselves out! :lol: xx

Well I'm in labor 3 cm + I should think now, Lil lady hasn't stopped kicking n punchin n it's making thing 100 times worse haha pain wise x x x

Thats a great question. When I had Joshua I can honestly say I never felt baby kicking at all - most than likely cos I was a chicken and got my pethidene quite early which makes baby sleepy. After 2 lots of that I was in so much pain I was delerious and would not have known if baby was kicking me or not!! I was then on epidural for 8 hours and really cant remember baby moving about - I was wired up to everything so knew baby was OK. I am quite sure however that baby just carries on as normal I think I just did not pay attention!

It's a baby's life eh :lol:

We go through the most intense pain ever giving birth, and baby still kicks back and chillaxes :rofl: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back