Calling all ladies with children !

oh yup i ran out of knickers :doh: I also ate all my food in the first 48 hours :lol:

Last edited:
and phone charger!! My phone died and i didn't know what time OH was coming back. And i had so many congrats messages. Luckily OH realised and brought it in for me :) x

Don't forget your hospital notes too... Typical me too forget that!!
Oh and when you start pushing, put your chin down on your chest, that really helped me!

Dont forget to enjoy it..... Although its sore and all its a one off experience, And u soon forget the pain as soon as u have ur amazing new baby who u made and baked in ur arms best feeling every.. Enjoy everyone x

Would I be better off buying a couple of packs of disposable knick knacks :)? xx

i went to asda and brought 4 packs of white/black cheap knickers (very granny like) but not expensive and did the job :) and all got thrown away after bleeding had finished. I looked at disposible and they seemed to flimsy. Im glad i didn't get them now. I was leaking through the pads and my knicks helped not to leak outwards sorry for tmi x

I bought a pack of 5 from primark but ended up wearing a normal pair I already had and they survived the whole labour!

Sounds like some primark or asda ones will do the job ! x

Bumping this thread up for anyone who wants some tips :) Good thread!

I've got disposable knickers

I've already done labor once n it was horrific haha it's really use full for me as I know now what to expect but also reading tips is helping me with how I will handle things x x x

I've been through it twice and I can honestly say that staying calm and not to panic works a treat. Don't tense up and let the pain flood over you without trying to stop it.

I've had 3 dreams that giving birth was painless and that I popped her out and took her home, do you think my dreams will come true :p :lol:

I've had 3 dreams that giving birth was painless and that I popped her out and took her home, do you think my dreams will come true :p :lol:

believe in your abilities to give birth and it just might hee hee

i packed alot of stuff in my hosp bag i ended up not using! Like shampoo (travel bottles) cause I just wanted home to wash my hair, and sandwiches, I didn't want them and found cereal bars where a great idea though..

Tell the midwifes if they need to cut you to tell you first! The shock of being cut was worse than the cut itself because I really wasn't expecting it :| xx

This is such a good thread!!
Definitely echo everything the ladies have said before hand - stay calm, listen to your body and your midwife - you CAN do this, our body is designed for it!
Sleep when you can, eat if you want to - I didn't want anything.. stay hydrated.
Don't panic if you throw up - I did at the transitional stage, but was fine after that.
Bring socks... my feet got really cold for some reason ???:)
Heaps of knickers... but make sure they're comfy and relatively "snug" to hold pads in place securely. I used two pads at a time as I really didn't want any leakages!
Dark PJ bottoms are a good idea too, just makes you a little bit less paranoid about leaks.
I also lay on one of those disposable nappy change pads that they have in hospitals - I didn't leak but at least if I did it's easier to change one of those than ask the nurse to change the sheets!
Bring snacks.... hospital food is usually not very appetizing. Have family bring in cooked meals if they allow it in your hospital. Have some fruit at hand, sorry if this is TMI but you really want that first bowel movement to be as soft as possible!!!!
Don't spend all your time lying on the bed - they're hard and not comfy at all for the bottom region after all it's been through!! Bring a comfy cushion / pillow from home, pop it on a nice supportive chair and sit there as much as possible!

Just thought of some more!
Bring your breast feeding pillow from home - will come in very useful - especially if you end up with a c section.
Also, make sure you fit baby capsule into car about a week before your due date.... as it took hubby and I about 40 minutes to get it in properly before our first little man arrived and tempers were frayed!!!! You don't want to be doing it in a rush!
Having frozen meals in the freezer is a brilliant idea.
Make sure hubby / oh knows how to use the washing machine! he'll be doing a lot of laundry :)

And last but not least - try and enjoy it. Labour / birth is hard work and is painful at times, but it's the best experience in the world also :)

I read threads like this when I was pregnant so I was all stocked up with my big pant, disposables, maternity pads and night time sanitary towels and my bleed was lighter than a normal period. I thought maybe it was just some people but reading this thread I feel like Im the only one who didnt have a massive bleed, WTF?!

Tiny, I literally just thought the same thing! I was in normal (not even heavy flow) pads once I got home. I only waited that long because I only took the big brick pads into the hospital!

Its sounds odd, but I don't think reading any of this would have helped me before I went into labour. I breathed through the contractions as I learnt as the classes which was fantastic, but anything else, whether you're told or not, you will learn from experience. My second labour Ill be more informed and understand more, making it easier.

Just stay as calm as you can, ask lots of questions and breath through contractions :D Good luck everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back