July & August Mummies <3

@MelC2011 no I think it will be the pessary, at least that’s what the consultant said. Really I’m just hoping I go and am dilated enough for them to just go ahead and break my waters... but knowing my luck I won’t be!

Aww fingers crossed they’ll be able to break your waters hun. I’d be surprised if they couldn’t as your quote near your due date arn’t you.

Im so excited for you.
Have you got names sorted? xx

Not today, tomorrow. Going in at 8pm tomorrow evening. So ready to get these babies out of me. Despite my fear. I can’t be pregnant anymore I am so miserable. I hope it doesn’t come across as sounding ungrateful but my body is just not coping anymore.

@Kiwi_53 do you have a birthing/yoga ball to bounce on? That’s meant to be really good for getting things going. I had one with my first and felt like it helped.

I have both Facebook and Instagram.
For anyone who’s interested my Instagram names are;
a_and_twins
xrightwhereitbelongs
I don’t think I’m searchable on Facebook but happy to add anyone who’s interested.
I've followed you on insta :) x

Aww fingers crossed they’ll be able to break your waters hun. I’d be surprised if they couldn’t as your quote near your due date arn’t you.

Im so excited for you.
Have you got names sorted? xx

I’ll be 37 weeks tomorrow. I feel with all my cramps and tightenings, something may possibly be happening but who knows.

We have our girl name sorted, but can’t agree on a boys name. I love the name Rhys but my partner isn’t into it. I can’t find another name I LOVE... I like some but nothing I can commit to. So will probably just see when he gets here. Maybe I can guilt him into letting me use Rhys since I’ll have just given birth haha.

I’ll be 37 weeks tomorrow. I feel with all my cramps and tightenings, something may possibly be happening but who knows.

We have our girl name sorted, but can’t agree on a boys name. I love the name Rhys but my partner isn’t into it. I can’t find another name I LOVE... I like some but nothing I can commit to. So will probably just see when he gets here. Maybe I can guilt him into letting me use Rhys since I’ll have just given birth haha.

Wouldn’t it be lovely if you start naturally.

Will your other half be able to be with you from the start of the induction?
I know at my hospital when I’m induced he won’t be able to until I’m in active labour. Although I had a quick birth last time so worried he’ll miss it.

We’re the same re names. We both have agreed on a girls name but can’t commit to a boys ... Hubby likes what I like but is not in love with it and vice versa. I really wanted us to decide before baby is here but doesn’t look like it

Wouldn’t it be lovely if you start naturally.

Will your other half be able to be with you from the start of the induction?
I know at my hospital when I’m induced he won’t be able to until I’m in active labour. Although I had a quick birth last time so worried he’ll miss it.

We’re the same re names. We both have agreed on a girls name but can’t commit to a boys ... Hubby likes what I like but is not in love with it and vice versa. I really wanted us to decide before baby is here but doesn’t look like it

I was the same, wanted one picked before he was here! And guilty feeling because our girl will have a name and he won’t ‍♀️ Oh well. I refuse to just settle though so will see what happens!!

I really am not sure, the guidelines changed here on Monday but there’s not been any information put up about inductions just visiting and scans. So I’ve told him he’s to phone up tomorrow and find out. I think because I’m going in at 8pm he probably won’t be allowed in until the morning anyway. I assume I’ll be on a ward and doubt they’ll be allowing partners in over night.

Oh it would. Maybe I’ll try some squats tonight I’m joking of course, I can barely walk let alone squat!

It’s nearly time @mummybear2 :smile:

Will be thinking of you later. Fingers crossed for a smooth and quick delivery.

I’m so excited to hear of the arrival of your twins xx

Yes good luck @mummybear2, so excited for you :) can’t wait to hear your news.

well I am now over the 48 hours that I have heard is the window for the sweep to have worked, I have been walking and on the birthing ball, as well as my usual daily tasks with my two littles and nothing has happened, other than me feeing really crappy, and being sick. So reconsidering getting another and thinking I may just wait it out and see if baby comes on it’s own, and if not al happily let them break my waters whenever they want haha. Just don’t think I can go through with loads of failed sweeps.

good luck for your scan tomorrow too @MelC2011 :)

hope everybody is well xxx

Thanks @Kiwi_53 ... when is your due date?

Have you felt anything at all?

I really hope it happens soon for you xx

Am due by scan dates tomorrow, but very sure of my dates, so actually 40 weeks on Monday so very close. I have been feeing loads of tightenings and a lot of pressure but nothing in any sort of rhythm, I feel disappointed after my sweep as they said I was 3cm and very soft cervix so guess I got my hopes up, but baby will come when ready I suppose haha just a very strange one to me as only ever had 36 weeker babies, but they were both induced so different all together :) xxx

Just on the monitor and first pessary has been inserted, she didn’t tell me if I was dilated or anything so I’m assuming not. So who knows how long it will be before I have them!

This room is absolutely roasting though, I am sweating so much!

Just on the monitor and first pessary has been inserted, she didn’t tell me if I was dilated or anything so I’m assuming not. So who knows how long it will be before I have them!

This room is absolutely roasting though, I am sweating so much!
So exciting! Good luck hun!!
Started following you on insta too, I'm Fly_with_V

My night was rubbish!
I managed about 30/40 mins sleep so I’m exhausted. Had the second pessary at about half 7 this morning.
Spent the day trying to do some walking, was on the ball for a bit.
Just been examined and I’m 1-2cm and have started contracting. So she’s not giving me another pessary. Just waiting to get off this bloody monitor so I can pee and then get back on the ball and hopefully get things going. So sore and uncomfortable now.

Aww hun! Hopefully things will start to progress soon.

I had my growth scan today and baby is measuring 6lb8 at 36 weeks.

Baby is low so am hoping for an early one again xx

Baby Ivy born at 19.48, weighing 5lb8. Baby Rhys born at 19.56, weighing 5lb1. 17th July. Both in their sacs on gas and air. Almost had them in the lift It was all a bit dramatic. My partner got there just as Ivy’s head came out.
So yeah. I am exhausted and a bit in shock to be honest!
Both babies are doing AMAZING. Rhys needed a little bit of oxygen but other than that they are great weights for their gestation.
I am beyond shattered and have no idea what I’m meant to do with these two tiny little people now!!

Meant to post that last night!

Overnight was a bit overwhelming, especially trying to breastfeed them both. They are just so tiny and I have forgotten everything I’m meant to do! They are both to get all their checks done today and then we shall see about getting home. I hope it’s today but I’m not sure if I’ll have feeding established by then. We shall see.

Hope everyone else is ok!

Wow absolutely amazing @mummybear2 what a trooper you are

Huge congratulations to you on the birth of your beautiful twins. What gorgeous names and amazing weights - can’t wait to see pictures.

I’m sure you’ll have help with the breastfeeding of twins hun.

I’m so happy for you xx

Omg congratulations!!!!!! Babys are gorgeous
And love there names xx
I hope you can get some decent rest soon.
Never seen twins so well cooked xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back