July & August Mummies <3

Ahhh @BabyWomble huge congratulations on your little girl. Such a beautiful name.
Glad to hear you are home and doing well.

Is anyone else consultant led?

I am due to my age (will be 41 at due date) and also as it’s an ivf pregnancy but all my appointments are with the consultant over the phone.

Just don’t get what the point is if they not going to physically see me.

Wondered what care anyone else is getting xx

Is anyone else consultant led?

I am due to my age (will be 41 at due date) and also as it’s an ivf pregnancy but all my appointments are with the consultant over the phone.

Just don’t get what the point is if they not going to physically see me.

Wondered what care anyone else is getting xx

I'm consultant and all my appointments have been normal up st the hospital from 28 weeks. Been again 32 and next one to be seen 36.

Congratulations babywomble<3

Wow, well that’s me finished work for over a year. Can’t tell you how relieved I am.

Bit of a weird day though seeing as I’ve physically not been in the office since March, not quite the send off I would have got xx

@MelC2011 I’m consultant led, because it’s twins. I’ve seen her every 4 weeks after my growth scans.
Like you said, what’s the point if they aren’t even going to see you!?
Think standard of care has just been hugely different throughout all different hospitals/trusts.

Yay for finishing work! Hopefully you can rest and relax a bit before baby is born.

I love the name it’s so beautiful <3

Pleased you’re doing ok. How are you finding things with your little boy and the age gap? xx

He’s really good with her, I filmed him meeting her actually and the excitement on his face was priceless he actually asked “what is it?” He pretty much just plays around her and tries to give her his toys etc the only time he’s gotten frustrated was when he wants to get on my lap when I’m feeding her and I ha e to tell him no , but in general he just seems to understand that she’s little and he has to be careful.

@BabyWomble sorry to hear about your scary start and thank you for the reassuring care you had at hospital and finally massive congratulations on the birth of your baby girl Willow is an adorable name ❤ hope you removing well.

@MelC2011 I'm consultant lead too because of my bmi.... its been mostly telephone calls until last Wednesday. Hope you get to relax before baby's xx

@mummybear2 so close you getting excited??? And I wouldn't worry about being prepared I think no matter how much we do can never be really prepared xxx

Last edited:
@kanga86 thank you so much for the reassurance. Glad your baby was safe and well!

I know I've said about wanting her out as I've had enough but its different when its not your choice or natural (feel guilty for saying that in the past).... I'm still getting period type pains but there less frequent (from constant achyness to stronger pains once or twice an hour) but don't think its labor maybe braxon hicks?

He’s really good with her, I filmed him meeting her actually and the excitement on his face was priceless he actually asked “what is it?” He pretty much just plays around her and tries to give her his toys etc the only time he’s gotten frustrated was when he wants to get on my lap when I’m feeding her and I ha e to tell him no , but in general he just seems to understand that she’s little and he has to be careful.

Aww what a lovely thing to do. Think I might have to do this too.

My little boy has just turned 4 so a little older than yours and I’m so excited to see him with his new sibling.

So the braxton hicks have been in full force this afternoon. Mine sound like yours @Jade jones The period pain has also been strong today.
Never had them before so wasn’t sure what to expect xx

Thank you so much, we’ve had such positive comments with regard to her name which is lovely. She is Willow May Grace, we decided very early on but I can honestly say the moment I saw her face I knew it was the right name for her. Currently cuddling her after changing her nappy only for her to fill it once again, she never stops! 7lbs 9 was what they estimated her weight at on the Tuesday before I had her so they were spot on for once!
OMG so cute <3

Aww what a lovely thing to do. Think I might have to do this too.

My little boy has just turned 4 so a little older than yours and I’m so excited to see him with his new sibling.

So the braxton hicks have been in full force this afternoon. Mine sound like yours @Jade jones The period pain has also been strong today.
Never had them before so wasn’t sure what to expect xx

its weird inst it, doesn't hurt but uncomfortable....

I too have been getting so many tightenings and period type discomfort and a lot of pressure, so strange as I keep wondering if it’s anything, but never gets to the point of painful but with having no experience of natural labour I think I am on high alert haha I have a sweep now at my appointment on Tuesday so starting to feel like that’s coming so close and starting to get abit nervous, but excited too :) we are all so close now. How are we all feeling today xxx

I too have been getting so many tightenings and period type discomfort and a lot of pressure, so strange as I keep wondering if it’s anything, but never gets to the point of painful but with having no experience of natural labour I think I am on high alert haha I have a sweep now at my appointment on Tuesday so starting to feel like that’s coming so close and starting to get abit nervous, but excited too :) we are all so close now. How are we all feeling today xxx

Exciting that you’ll be having a sweep on Tuesday :D Hopefully it’ll do the trick and baby will be here before you know it.

My tightenings were really constant overnight but they’ve completely gone this morning. Have so much pressure down below though and I’m peeing like a million times a day. I’ve still got a way to go but just want baby out now. My pelvis is so painful overnight and I’m hardly sleeping, I’m just shattered.

Hope everyone else is doing ok xx

Yeh I am feeling very like you, and have been from early on, convincing myself baby was coming early haha unfortunately it has never appeared haha, but hoping when labour does start it will be quite quick with baby being so low. Hoping the sweep does something and I get to meet baby this week :) as I am pretty much exhausted and fed up, I am with you on the pelvic pain whilst sleeping and anytime really and the peeing is driving me nuts, I was up 7 times through the night at the toilet. So can’t wait to just have my body back :) xxx

I had some strong cramps last night but only lasted a few seconds each time a couple through the afternoon then quite regular over a couple of hours then stopped. Thought maybe Braxton Hicks but they were quite painful made be gasp but only happened a couple times today. X

Could still be the start of something @Wilson14 It’s exciting how we’re getting so close.

How are the babies measuring on the fundal height chart?

I’m measuring 2 weeks ahead and over the 97th percentile. Does this mean my baby could be big? Feeling apprehensive now.
Have a telephone consultant appointment tomorrow so will certainly ask the question xx

Could still be the start of something @Wilson14 It’s exciting how we’re getting so close.

How are the babies measuring on the fundal height chart?

I’m measuring 2 weeks ahead and over the 97th percentile. Does this mean my baby could be big? Feeling apprehensive now.
Have a telephone consultant appointment tomorrow so will certainly ask the question xx
I’m hoping it won’t be long now, fed up of getting up every hour for a wee!!
My little one is now measuring 50th percentile after 14th after my scan I’ve definitely grown a lot in the last couple weeks!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back