***July 2019 Mummies***

I think it's normal to not feel movement everyday until around 24 weeks. Midwife won't even tell you to come in and get checked until then, so 17 weeks is still early. Don't worry about it, from what I've heard, you could go days without feeling them again at this stage.
Thank you so much MamaWannabe, feel a lot better . I am just worrier by nature but really trying hard to chill and enjoy the pregnancy.

EmmaCharlotte, assuming lightening crotch is the same as fanny daggers I defo remember those:rotfl: such a pain! Literally. Ah the joys...
Sugarpop, hope you’re ok?? Does it affect baby? Sending you hugs!!!
We’re sorted for a girls name but just cannot seem to agree on a boys name. It’s got to the point where the subject is banned until we know the gender. Not worth the “argument” lol

My shingles are only mild and at the moment I just feel super tired and achy. Still in work because I’m not contagious. They checked my blood for immunity to chicken pox and I have it so baby is perfectly fine and there’s no risk luckily. Never had shingles ever!

I haven’t felt any movements yet. I’m trying to lay on my back because I know when we have scans baby seems to be really active but so far he’s not playing ball. Definitely stubborn!

My MIL said yesterday it’s the first time she’s saw anything that resembles a bump on me. I’m chunky anyway but the top of my belly is just always so bloated. Where the baby is is definitely changing though and the bloat is becoming less obvious because the bottom of my belly is starting to catch up :lol: I need to go shopping!

Oh Sugarpop thats so good to hear that both of yous are doing fine.
I am definitely getting big , have been in matty jeans for few weeks now ,just was so bloated and couldn't cope with discomfort . Hoping i won't need to buy many tops .

Oh Sugarpop thats so good to hear that both of yous are doing fine.
I am definitely getting big , have been in matty jeans for few weeks now ,just was so bloated and couldn't cope with discomfort . Hoping i won't need to buy many tops .
I’ve just been and bought 6 tops from mothercare. They are super stretchy so when bump starts to grow properly they should still do. They were 2 for £16 so I was happy enough. Also bought one nursing top because I liked how it looked :lol: won’t be using it to nurse but I liked it!

Sorry for being so quiet. We complete on our house on Friday so been on a mad packing and meetings with solicitors mission!
I have finally felt baby/babies kick! Which is lovely. I have another scan of my cervix tomorrow. Hoping they will let us see the babies too.

How is everyone?
Not long until anomaly scans now!!!!

Girls do anyone know about antenatal app. Well basically my boss says i am not entitled to get paid time off for appointments as i work part time , but i had a look on citizens advice website and it states if i qualify for SMP i am entitled no matter what hours i work. Also she says if i decide not to come back after Mat leave i will have to pay back the money ,again gov website says you don't have to unless they pay you extra than SMP. Anyone? I need to be 100% sure before i give all the facts to that scary woman xx

Girls do anyone know about antenatal app. Well basically my boss says i am not entitled to get paid time off for appointments as i work part time , but i had a look on citizens advice website and it states if i qualify for SMP i am entitled no matter what hours i work. Also she says if i decide not to come back after Mat leave i will have to pay back the money ,again gov website says you don't have to unless they pay you extra than SMP. Anyone? I need to be 100% sure before i give all the facts to that scary woman xx
As far as I know the money thing is correct as it’s the same with my job (could be wrong).

As far as appointments go I thought it was the law to get all appointments free. I would contact her upline or HR.

As I've just navigated work hell relating to this stuff I hope I can help.

For smp you need to earn a certain amount a week during the qualifying period for entitlement (min requirement around £130 mark). Then that is paid regardless. The first six weeks of smp are paid at 90% earnings from qualifying period as well. Most of smp is paid by hmrc to your employer who then pay you.

Even if this isn't the case you would still be allowed maternity allowance. Paid directly to you from hmrc. You have to have had a minimum income of £30 a week for 8 weeks within the 66 weeks before maternity allowance starts.

For time off you should be allowed it paid for medical appointments when related to being pregnant. It is also illegal for them to use pregnancy related absence against you.

I gave up my fight and quit my job in the end due to the stress my employer put on me. Sadly it can be hard to prove things relating to discrimination. Try to ensure you get things in writing from your boss or have a witness in the meetings. Hard evidence can make people back down quickly when they're wrong.

Another good place to talk to is maternity action. They're a charity website that help woman facing tough times getting their rights at work.

As far as I know, you should not have to pay back SMP as they claim this back from the government anyway. You only need to pay back maternity pay if it is above SMP, which is paid by the company. But as Krazy Kitten said, you need to be earning the minimum amount over the qualifying period which I think is actually £116 a week. You also need to have been continuously employed by them for at least 26 weeks prior to the qualifying week (which I think is around week 25 or 26?).

As for paid time off for appointments, you are definitely entitled to the time paid off even if you are only part time. It also doesn't have to be a strictly medical appointment... gov.uk says you get paid time off for "antenatal care" which they say is "not just medical appointments - it can also include antenatal or parenting classes if they’ve been recommended by a doctor or midwife."

Had my 16 week midwife appointment this morning. Got to hear little squidge's heart thumping away at 158 bpm! Now nothing until I book in with new trust on 20th of March. Then rushed appointment for anatomy scan. 5 weeks seems like forever away!

Had my 16 week midwife appointment this morning. Got to hear little squidge's heart thumping away at 158 bpm! Now nothing until I book in with new trust on 20th of March. Then rushed appointment for anatomy scan. 5 weeks seems like forever away!

Aww that's lovely you got to hear heartbeat, must be such a lovely thing to hear! I don't think we get to hear it where I am until 25 week appointment.

Thank you for all the responses girls ,this is very helpful. It's just the women i work is unbelievable . She dosn't even bother to find out the actual facts just got something in her head and you can't do nothing . Everyone have to beg for anything here ,even your holidays .

Krazy Kitten i'm so sorry you had to go through that at your job it shouldn't be that way as this time is stressful enaugh xxx

So I've been feeling flutters and things for the past week almost, maybe once every day or two, but it was the kind that I wasn't sure if it was baby or not... and then last night I got some movement that I was sure it was baby! So I told husband that baby is moving, and he put his hand exactly where I felt it but I was like it's not going to move again probably. So he pushed down to try and get baby to move again, and he got a big kick back in response! It freaked him out so much that he ended up at the other end of the room suddenly though haha, but it was amazing to feel a real kick that there's no doubt is baby!

I didn't think I would feel anything this early, only 18 weeks, as I was told I have an anterior placenta... but apparently it's still possible!

I was actually feeling really down all of yesterday because I just feel I've been putting on too much weight and feel like my bump is already almost the same size as another girl I know who is 30 weeks and everyone keeps telling her how good she looks and she's doing so well for being that small still... just felt like shit all day basically, until I felt that kick and I forgot all about feeling fat and ended up with a smile on my face for the rest of the evening, and still smiling away this morning! Can't wait to feel movement again!

Anyone else feeling anything yet??

Oh MamaWannabe don't be so hard on yourself xxx everyone is different just focus on you and your baby ,as long as both of yous are doing fine that is all that matters . Xxx

I have been having very bad pains today. Like an ovary pain when mid cycle but like 10 times stronger . Had to skip my last class in college . It doesn't feel like ligament pain as that should pass quickly. It is sore when i walk and move ... gosh hope everything is fine ,if it doesn't easy off soon will have to phone the clinic .
And i am getting my whooping caugh injection today .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back