***July 2019 Mummies***

Sugarpop maybe a new business venture for you! Haha.
I know twin mums that have to stop driving at 32 weeks!!!
Oh i’ll Have them easily beat! Haha were looking at a new car for me, something that requires less bending to get in and out. My issue is the one I want is too tall! There is definitely no in between for me :lol: thankfully baby appears to have his daddy’s legs...hubby is 6ft!

I was absolutely bricking my graduation. It’s the week the baby should have been due but feeling better now baby will almost definitely be here by then. Just hoping post birth recovery is good & then I can make it. I’ve told hubby baby needs to come along for photos but he’s not sitting in the lecture theatre with him- we will not be the people with the screaming baby which means no one can hear anything :rofl:

Well I figured my graduation is in a hall full of paramedics and it's less than 1/2mile from the hospital so hopefully I will make it. Although I had my masters graduation in June a few years back and it was like my dress had been sprayed on it was so hot!

I wondered if they should have scanned my cervix already as I think the apointment may be next week now as well. Had a read up about a stitch, cant say that sounds fun but will see how we go I guess. I'm glad for the extra monitoring. Looks like I will have a scan and a consultant appointment every 4 weeks from 28, plus the midwife ones at 25 & gtt at 28. When the cervix scans fit in there as well I have no idea!

Mil wanted to come visit on Sunday (two weeks in a row, I don't bloody think so). I said no. Probably should feel bad but she just stresses DH out. He's had a busy week commuting to uni and back each day and needs to get work done. Im not listening to her unhelpful comments all day Sunday too, no chance.

God I miss my mum. She'd be a superstar now and all the things I'm worried about sorting with the house she would be helping me. Right now it all seems a bit task

We changed our car, got an s max. It's massive for storage in the boot but best is that it's higher up so no bending to get in and out of it :) I'm easily pleased

You’ll definitely be well monitored! It can seem a pain to have all the appointments but just think how many extra times you’ll see babies! That’s the only thing that’s keeping me going. Every time I see someone at an appointment they tell me how often they’ll see!

I was looking at a sportage but now thinking a crossover type car would be better. We’ll be buying the car seat in a week or two so will be taking it into all the showrooms and measuring up :rofl: what idiots we will look like!!

We were talking about a sportage for a while too. We've been debating what car to get for a year, easily. DH knows a fair bit about cars and did all the research. Have a look on which? I think that helped. My pregnancy brain didn't really care in the end, I just wanted a decision to be made. The s max is perfect. It is big but easy to drive and the twins will fit plus the buggy and all the crap we'll be taking about with us.Take the pushchair too if you can to try for size. I think most fit in a boot just depends if anything else does as well.

I remember my SIL insisting on one make years ago then ended up nicking the car boot sale one my mum got to keep at the house as it fitted more easily in her boot.

You could freak out the sales people by putting something in the car seat, lol

Hubby’s car is quite low. The boot is fine but he’s adamant he’s sticking with it. I’ve told him there’s no chance I am putting baby in and out when we’re togrther! Let him break his back instead :lol: we do go everywhere in his car when we’re together so he may change his mind when baby is here. Shame really, he had a car accident and the car narrowly escaped being a write off. Almost wish it had have been!

My car is fine, but for a family size car I feel it’s quite low and think even me being as tiny as I am, will struggle. My issue is that my car is quite well equip and the monthly payments don’t match what it has. Trying to get the same in a different car will cost me (rather Hubby :lol: ) an arm and a leg!

Hubby’s car is quite low. The boot is fine but he’s adamant he’s sticking with it. I’ve told him there’s no chance I am putting baby in and out when we’re togrther! Let him break his back instead :lol: we do go everywhere in his car when we’re together so he may change his mind when baby is here. Shame really, he had a car accident and the car narrowly escaped being a write off. Almost wish it had have been!

My car is fine, but for a family size car I feel it’s quite low and think even me being as tiny as I am, will struggle. My issue is that my car is quite well equip and the monthly payments don’t match what it has. Trying to get the same in a different car will cost me (rather Hubby :lol: ) an arm and a leg!

Cars are expensive. We got a loan witj a good rate and reasonable repayments so we could change ours. Even then, the car we got is 8 years old but mileage low so it was a good deal. Funny as DH is now commuting in my older car to put miles on it and he hates it. I loved my little car!

Spoke too soon, cervical scan is 7/3/19 they just called me. I'm gonna need a season ticket at the hospital. Parking is impossible and even if you get a space the cost is loads.

Oh I know! I feel they’re only going to go up with the whole Brexit thing too. Between hubby and I we spend an amount that could pay a mortgage per month and it’ll only get worse if I change.

Hubby is missing his car at the moment (his courtesy car isn’t the best) but he did consider changing after his crash as he’s lost confidence in the car. I am secretly hoping they find a big issue with it then hubby can get a new car, slightly higher. Time will tell I guess. If he really had no confidence in it he’ll have to drive mine (which he hates) and i’ll Completely be a girl racer with his :rofl:

I’ve been reading about cervix scans but not sure i’ll Have one as in that sense I think I’m relatively low risk? Other than being fat & diabetic that is!

Oh I know! I feel they’re only going to go up with the whole Brexit thing too. Between hubby and I we spend an amount that could pay a mortgage per month and it’ll only get worse if I change.

Hubby is missing his car at the moment (his courtesy car isn’t the best) but he did consider changing after his crash as he’s lost confidence in the car. I am secretly hoping they find a big issue with it then hubby can get a new car, slightly higher. Time will tell I guess. If he really had no confidence in it he’ll have to drive mine (which he hates) and i’ll Completely be a girl racer with his :rofl:

I’ve been reading about cervix scans but not sure i’ll Have one as in that sense I think I’m relatively low risk? Other than being fat & diabetic that is!
I just assume I'm high risk for everything now, lol. Fat, old, first pregnancy and multiple . I've literally just had to properly diary my appointments as I'm loosing track already. I counted 8 between now and 37 weeks and that doesn't include 4 extra scans. And this is assuming everything is OK. It is mad!
I don't think I've put much weight on though, I've gained 5kg since before Christmas - probably as I actually eat food now. T shirts are tight over the bump and my rib cage is expanding.

Don't really want to buy loads of stuff, I've been lent some jeans which are great. And why are all maternity tops stripey? Or wrap? Clothes like that make me feel like my old job. I'm so much more scruffy than that. Gimme a t shirt and hoodie any day.

I’ve got a lovely nursing top from mothercare and I’m wearing that. I don’t plan to nurse but the top is floaty and has a nice flow and that’s definitely my cup of tea.

I just received another appointment for the same day as my diabetic one. Obstetrics at 9:30 and diabetes at 10:30...yes because those time scales will work!! I’ve already confused one appointment so baby brain excuse is ready!!

I’m counting down to ‘half way’ which will be 19 weeks for me so on Tuesday I’m half way!

I feel HUGE but think the issue is that my belly is changing shape rather than rapidly expanding if that makes sense? Fortunately I didn’t have much of a pre-baby body so won’t have an issue after the birth....least i’ll have a baby excuse for a little while! :lol:

My 20wk scan is 13th March. Cant wait to start buying stuff!

Re cars we have an S Max too and I love it!! The most we've had is 6 people in it but even then we still managed to fit in 2 suitcases and a stroller.

Had an appt with a dietician today due to Gestational Diabetes in previous pregnancy. Its such a faff testing blood sugars 3 times a day when its too soon to determine if i have it again or not:roll:
Seems like a waste of time when i wont be able to tell until after 28 weeks. But hey ho, at least im being closely monitored and i get extra scans<3

What's everyone's view on breastfeeding? I didnt manage with my first (well, 3 weeks) as i picked up a nasty infection in both boobs but managed 7 months with my 2nd. I'll give it a go this time and if it works, great. If it doesnt then formula is fab:) With my first the midwives were on my case to BF. I felt so pressurised! I tuned out their long speeches last time and ironically managed to do it without too many issues.

Not looking forward to the gtt at 28 weeks. I just can't imagine a time when I don't feel sick in the morning so not eating does not sound like fun at all. I'm not even sure what the % risk of getting it is, just that I'm increased.

I'm going to try breastfeeding and see how it goes. I understand the benefits of it but at the same time I don't plan to beat myself up about it if it doesn't work. It they need to spend time in nicu then it will be harder to do anyway so will just play by ear I think. Plus, honestly Im really not sold on the idea of sitting in a coffee shop with both my boobs out to feed. That doesn't seem discreet at all! Maybe I wont care by then but right now I think I do. Also, don't fancy doing that in front of my in laws. Wouldn't care with my family but not them!

I guess as long as babies are fed and gaining weight then it doesn't matter to me if breast of formula. I had a read on who about it, as everyone says it's all about passing on immunity which I understand but they actually mainly say it is to stop deaths from diarrhoea and pneumonia. I don't think either of those are common here and certainly not in 2019.

(Also, and I'm going to strike a nerve here so I don't mean to offend - but I struggle when I see older children still breastfeeding. I find it odd). If it works for people then great but that Def doesn't for me.

My 20wk scan is 13th March. Cant wait to start buying stuff!

Re cars we have an S Max too and I love it!! The most we've had is 6 people in it but even then we still managed to fit in 2 suitcases and a stroller.

Had an appt with a dietician today due to Gestational Diabetes in previous pregnancy. Its such a faff testing blood sugars 3 times a day when its too soon to determine if i have it again or not:roll:
Seems like a waste of time when i wont be able to tell until after 28 weeks. But hey ho, at least im being closely monitored and i get extra scans<3

What's everyone's view on breastfeeding? I didnt manage with my first (well, 3 weeks) as i picked up a nasty infection in both boobs but managed 7 months with my 2nd. I'll give it a go this time and if it works, great. If it doesnt then formula is fab:) With my first the midwives were on my case to BF. I felt so pressurised! I tuned out their long speeches last time and ironically managed to do it without too many issues.
I feel your pain with the testing. I’m doing it 7 times a day plus injecting 4 times. It’s a ball ache!

I have decided I will try and breastfeed for the first day but then I want to try and express and solely feed that way. I’ve never really wanted to breastfeed and just can’t imagine myself doing it. I’ve just never felt that urge but want the baby to get the goodness of Atleast the first few weeks.

I have no issues with using formula at all. If I am able to breastfeed it’ll only be for the first 3 months anyway. If I’m unable to breastfeed then the baby will have formula.

I just think in this day and age it should all be a choice and at the end of the day what matters is that the baby isn’t hungry and is healthy.

Just read through my notes and the waste of space sonographer who did my 13 week scan at the hospital said he couldn’t get a good picture because of my body build. It’s funny that my private scans are amazingly clear. Basically, the baby wouldn’t keep still and kept moving the opposite way.

For two or three days after my belly was sore because of how rough he was. I am going to request a different sonographer for my 20 week or I will be rearranging. I am not dealing with him again. Prick.

Same as my 12 week. She was really quite grumpy and pushed so hard that it hurt. Noted said restricted view due to obesity or something like that. Yet a couple of days ago the scan was really clear and I certainly haven't lost weight!

Same as my 12 week. She was really quite grumpy and pushed so hard that it hurt. Noted said restricted view due to obesity or something like that. Yet a couple of days ago the scan was really clear and I certainly haven't lost weight!
Exactly. Every other one of my scans has been really clear. They are blaming being chunky when in actual fact it’s probably just the babies being awkward! So annoying.

I feel your pain with the testing. I’m doing it 7 times a day plus injecting 4 times. It’s a ball ache!

Wowzer! 7+4? I will never complain again! You poor thing:(

Re the scans I reckon it’s also down to the machines. Ironically my private scan in the last pregnancy wasn’t as clear as my NHS 12wk scan (this pregnancy).

With my first pregnancy we had a super grumpy sonographer. Got to the 20wk scan and told her we’d like to know the sex. I was convinced we were having a girl. She barely said 2 words the whole scan. She Was in the middle of scanning the heart when she said ‘hmm i’ll Come back to the heart in a bit’ cue me panicking! She scanned something else and came back to the heart and said ‘ah I see it now - baby was just in an awkward position’ :roll: panic over. Then at the end said ‘Looks like you’re having a boy’
I was so shocked (but happy) and said ‘oh wow is it really? I was convinced it was a girl all this time - I’m so surprised!’ Then she said ‘I find it extraordinary that you’re questioning my skills to determine the sex but you’re not questioning my findings on the health of your baby’
I was speechless. I didn’t question anything - I was just shocked it was a boy. Stupid woman! She was quite old and had obviously done the job forever and lacked any people skills. It was meant to be such a precious moment for me and hubby and she totally ruined it:mad: When I was pregnant with my daughter we had a lovely young lady who chatted throughout the whole scan and seemed genuinely happy for us. Completely different experience!

Honestly some of them are in the wrong jobs!!

I’m requesting someone different for my 20 week scan and i’ll Refuse to see the dude who did mine if I have to. Not only called me fat but was basically useless aswell!

7 times a day is hard and injecting sometimes is hard too. If I’m honest I’m not 100% on top of it all yet. Even though I was diabetic before I was never on insulin so never had to deal with it. The way I’m looking at it is any lower sugars to what I was having is an improvement so just got to keep going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back