***January 2017 mummies!*** 3rd Trimester

I'm hoping Immy can go in a proper gro bag soon. Think its 8lbs 8. Shes being weighed at 7 weeks on 13th March so may have to wait till then as I have a mum group on a wednesday for next few weeks and thats the day of baby weigh clinic. Shes probably about that now tbh but will probably be happier waiting till shes bigger.
Il also get the summer tog too if its mid march xx

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Hahah glad its not just Imogen! Bless them!
Imogen was only around 7lb 9 when I got her one lol they say up to 12lbs .. those babies must have very slim faces and necks lol!! Xx

lol that's what I thought! They haven't been weighed for two weeks but they aren't 12lb lol

Been discharged from midwife now! Cant believe Imogen is 16 days old!! Xxx

Oh my goodness... The past week has been such a whirlwind of emotions. Struggling a bit with the pain of my tear and stitches, and the overwhelming responsibility of feeding and caring for our little one 24/7, and just trying to work through each day as it comes. The more I google to see what I can do about speeding up the healing process the worse I feel though - I'm sure you know very well, Kate, but it seems as though sorting out a tear of this severity is a very long-term process and is likely to cause problems for many months to come :-(

I've missed so many pages on here and don't think I can catch up on everything, but just wanted to say that I hope everyone is doing well. And Kate, congratulations! So thrilled that Maggie is here safely.

My birth story isn't cheery at all so not going to lay out the gory details, but here's a photo of Matilda at one week old for anyone who'd like to see xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 18
Oh my goodness... The past week has been such a whirlwind of emotions. Struggling a bit with the pain of my tear and stitches, and the overwhelming responsibility of feeding and caring for our little one 24/7, and just trying to work through each day as it comes. The more I google to see what I can do about speeding up the healing process the worse I feel though - I'm sure you know very well, Kate, but it seems as though sorting out a tear of this severity is a very long-term process and is likely to cause problems for many months to come :-(

I've missed so many pages on here and don't think I can catch up on everything, but just wanted to say that I hope everyone is doing well. And Kate, congratulations! So thrilled that Maggie is here safely.

My birth story isn't cheery at all so not going to lay out the gory details, but here's a photo of Matilda at one week old for anyone who'd like to see xx
Awwww she is gorgeous!!

What degree tear is it? I had a second degree tear and was in a lot of pain the first 10 days lol going to the loo made me want to cry! Then all of a sudden it stopped hurting and my stitches dissolved. Day 17 now and I can just feel where it's raised from being stitched now. I could prob attempt dtd again if i wasnt spotting still lol. Other bits still hurt sometimes but the tear healed so well. Baths helped me a lot! Hugs xxxx the pain is horrible at first xx

I'm awake before Imogen lol been awake since 5 and she last fed at 1! I didnt sleep at all until after feed at 1 so it feels like I havent had tl wake up to feed her at all ha ha even though its only been 4 hours.
She cluster fed like crazy between 6 and 1 last night though. Every 30 mins which is hard with formula lol made up sooo many bottles and wasted so much even with the keeping bottles for 2 hours rule lol.
Think she needs size 2 nappies now. We had 3 wee leaks and a poo explosion yesterday lol 4 outfits haha.
A freckle also appeared within 10 mins yesterday on her cheek haha so cute. Tried tl clean it off at first then realised it was a freckle /mole haha xx

Oh my goodness Holdingthumbs! Poor thing, I hope you feel better. And Matilda is so cute! :lol:

Oh Thumbs what a gorgeous little button.. She is absolutely beautiful.

I remember very well the misery - it is literally the last thing you need caring for a newborn and I remember feeling very sorry for myself indeed. After the first couple of weeks the external pain got much better very quickly so at least moving around got much easier. My internal pain persisted but I was very unlucky as I was stitched too tight, it was a bit of a botch job. I'm sure you are but treat yourself to a tea tree bath every day and air dry it after. I couldn't bear the 'dirty' feeling and really look forward to my wash every day.. The area is so full of blood the healing process is usually very quick, just be alert to infection and don't be afraid to hound the GP if you are concerned about long term issues (I saw one very rude and unsympathetic one who put me off ever going back but I wish I had..)

I am sure you're doing the most incredible job lovely - keep plodding through these early days - they are the absolute toughest and the most precious all at the same time xxx

ps. Thanks all for sharing re. baby blues, I know it's a difficult subject for some.. I managed to get through the whole of yesterday without crying :lol: I agree Papermoon, knowing it's just science (hormones) makes it so much easier to deal with..

Last one I promise- couple of pictures :)

Attachments

• IMG_0096.jpg
    IMG_0096.jpg
    509.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    530.7 KB · Views: 22

Matilda is gorgeous! You must be so proud. So sorry to hear you are having a tough time, sending you a virtual hug. I heard warm baths with lavender oil in help healing but that's all the help I can give . Have you got a good support network around you? xxxxxxx

Thank you so much everyone. I know she's worth it, and I'm very lucky to have a network of family and friends to help - I guess it just makes me feel very vulnerable and 'dirty' as you say Kate, which doesn't help with all the hormones. Will keep trying to take every day as it comes.

What beautiful girls, Kate! Poppy looks so proud :)

I felt so yucky when I had my stitches in etc baths were defo a lifesaver.
Hope it doesnt cause too mang long term issues holding thumbs. You are doing amazing!

We were supposed to go to our first baby group today but ended up lying in instead. Oops! I feel bad when there is a day i dont go out with her etc ... what do you all do with your babies do you take them out daily and to groups etc? I know groups are more for us at this stage but i feel mean if there is a day she doesnt get fresh air haha xxx

Gorgeous babies love all these pictures :)

Holding thumbs I know it's early days but just to say my friend had a 4th degree Year with her 2nd and had to go straight to surgery after having her. It was a longer recovery but it's all been absolutely fine, she even stubbornly went and had a 3rd! X

So having a rough day today Eden is 22 days old and my mood just doesn't seem to be lifting I have days where I feel good and feel like I can do it and days like today when I just want to give up! I honestly feel like I don't know my baby at all and don't know any signs of hunger tiredness wet nappy I feel like I'm guessing I'm trying to feed every 3 hours at least that being waking her up if I have to the last feed she didn't wake at all but managed 3 ounce then an hour and half later she was doing the whole rooting so made another up only for her to have maybe not even half an ounce I feel like I'm losing my mind

So having a rough day today Eden is 22 days old and my mood just doesn't seem to be lifting I have days where I feel good and feel like I can do it and days like today when I just want to give up! I honestly feel like I don't know my baby at all and don't know any signs of hunger tiredness wet nappy I feel like I'm guessing I'm trying to feed every 3 hours at least that being waking her up if I have to the last feed she didn't wake at all but managed 3 ounce then an hour and half later she was doing the whole rooting so made another up only for her to have maybe not even half an ounce I feel like I'm losing my mind
Have you spoke to midwife about how you feel? It must be so hard feeling that way. Sending loads of love! Definitely try speak to someone about it as they are there to help :)

Has she gained weight okay? Might be diff as Imogen wasnt prem but they said once she passed birth weight dont worry about waking up.
Sometimes Imogen roots and then has like half an ounce if it makes you feel better :)
Maybe a growth spurt? Imogen has done it a lot the last day or so lol gets so impatient and goes from rooting to screaming in 2 mins it takes to make it with prep machine and i give it and she has like half an ounce lol then other feeds wants 5oz!
Does she cry when feeding? Imogen was doing that over weekend and by monday wasnt having hardly any milk so doc prescribed infant gaviscon and shes been so diff since. Shel still have the cluster feeds only taking a little bit but shel have the bigger bottles in between and no more crying during feeds etc. Could it be something like that in your case? Or bad wind maybe?
Its hard when they cant tell us things! xxx

I just wing it too lol if she sucks fists and clicks mouth I give bottle. If she isnt but crying I check nappy. If she yawns during cries I try to put in moses to sleep and any other cries I have no idea and just hold her and give her dummy till she stops lol. Does Eden have a dummy? I know some people dont like them lol but Imogens has been a lifesaver for me lolxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back