***** January 2015 Mummy's *****

Congratulations sunflower and princess xxxx

Ahhhh congrats all!!

Candy my son was on Nicu for 8 days when he was born. It was really hard and upsetting at the time but he's a totally healthy baby boy and you'll be enjoying Joel at home soon.

Hope you're getting that sleep!! Xxx

Congrats sunflower.

Hope Joel is feeling better soon Candy.

X

Last edited:
Yaaaayyyyy, congrats Sunflower and Princess. Can't wait for pics :)

Think thats all the regular posters done and dusted now, although there are a lot of names still on the front page. So many boys!

Hope you and baby are both ok Ronnie.

Hope everyone is getting on ok in these first few weeks? I'm pretty shattered really but it's to be expected with a 3 week old and 15 month old so just trying to get on with it. Feeding is getting easier by the day thank god, as we've had lots of ups and downs with it. Will be relieved when this 3 week growth spurt is done and we aren't cluster feeding quite so much as I feel permanently attached to baby at the mo so not able to play with my son quite as much.

Just updated as best I could and this is the final count at the moment:

:yellow: x 4
:blue: x 29
:pink: x 12
? x4

I cannot believe how many boys there are???

Ceecee, Jolly has started a thread for Jan & Feb Mum's in B&T!

I am managing to grab a few hours but since Bee has gone back on boob (3 days now I am thrilled!!) my OH hasn't been able to do as much to help. She wont take expressed breastmilk so where he was having her for a few hours [say 9pm - Midnight] he can't do that anymore.

X

Last edited:
Aw congratulations Candy, Princess, Ronnie, Sorpresa and everyone else! Great to see the babies have finally made their appearance 😃 Hope mummies and babies continue to get better and thrive, 1st few days an be daunting but you're doing your best for the little one, never forget that.

We've moved to more or less exclusively expressing now as every time we overcame one problem with bf we faced another so stress levels were getting too high again. Would be lying if I said I wasn't devastated by it, I always held bf as of huge importance but things are better this way. Otherwise we're all doing good, and I'm starting to enjoy being a mummy properly now 😊

Hope everyone else is finding their stride, can be tough eh?! xx

Congratulations to everyone who have already given birth, hope you and your little bundles are all well and you're settling in ok.

I'm still waiting for my pink bundle to arrive. I'm now 40+5. I had a sweep at 40+2, where the midwife said cervix v soft and favourable and already at 3 cm but nothing apart from a few cramps/tightening. I have another sweep planned for Thursday so fingers crossed that works!

x

Congratulations PrincessP! :)

Hope things get moving for you Robbo xx

Ooh, another girl Robbo :)

Nat I'll move over now...hadn't realised Jolly had started a new one!!

Good luck Robbo hope baby makes an appearance soon xxx

Was there smething in the water when Jan Mums were TTC, so many boys!!

Congrats on the new arrivals!

I finally posted in the B&T Jan/Feb mums thread today. Have been reading posts for a while but never got around to posting.

Well done for managing to get back to the boob Carnat! I know you really wanted to but were having trouble. BFing is murder on the sleep in the early weeks but it gets better eventually. The gaps between feeds get longer and I remember last time I got to the point were I hardly woke up to feed it became so automatic.

Hope things move quickly for you Robbo!!!

We did so well ladies, I'm proud of us all becoming mamas and what an amazing and exciting month it was xxx

Well I'm getting some tightening/cramps coming every 5-10 mins or so, but only lasting 20 / 30 seconds. So I think this might be the start of things? They aren't that painful at the moment, just monitoring them. When should I give the labour ward a call?
This is baby no 2 and last labour was 5 hours but I was induced. X

If it's your second baby, and you laboured fast first time I'd maybe phone triage just now and see what they think. Xx

I'd ring triage hun.

They told me to come in when contractions were every 4 mins

X

Hey girls! I'll need to move over to the new thread but just trying to catch up with how everyone is doing. We've finally named our little boy Lewis and are home now after a short stay in scbu for a high temp and tachypnoea. As much as I hated being there the nurses were an amazing support getting breastfeeding established and the care my little guy received was second to none!!
I'll need to write up our birth story, and start a new journal too. Definitely riding the hormotional rollercoaster just now. X

Baby Emily arrived at 11.29pm last night....The time on the ticket showing as entering the car park was 11.08pm!

I phoned the labour ward when contractions were about 5 mins apart but as they were only lasting about 30 seconds and weren't overly painful they advised I stay put and call back when they were lasting at least a minute. The pains got more frequent about 3 mins but weren't lasting any longer but phoned back labour ward and they said take 2 co codamol and have a bath. I explained I lived at least half hour away and lost 5 pints of blood last time and labour only lasted 5 hours last time but they said I didn't sound like I was in established labour even though the pains were getting more intense.

About half an hour later the pains were about a minute apart so I said to my hubby to phone the labour ward and tell them we're coming in! Arrived at the hospital and could barely get out of the car and had 3 contractions to walk about 10 feet to the labour unit! In the assessment room I started feeling the urge to push...The midwife checked me and I was fully dilated and at that point my waters went! I was wheeled straight to labour ward, still contracting and they could see her head coming! I begged for pain relief the minute we got in the room, too late for anything via injection but the gas and air helped slightly but 3 pushes and she was out!

Emily was born weighing 8 lb 5. Sadly I retained the placenta again so ended up with an epidural after the birth but no huge blood loss this time, measured at 600 ml.

She's enjoyed a few feeds now and is currently sleeping, I think she looks so like her big sister Grace. Both were born with a full head of black hair!

Jo. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back