***** January 2015 Mummy's *****

Congrats robbo!

Are we expecting any more 'Jan' mums?

Well done Robbo you are a real trooper xx she sounds perfect congratulations xxx

Hey girls! I'll need to move over to the new thread but just trying to catch up with how everyone is doing. We've finally named our little boy Lewis and are home now after a short stay in scbu for a high temp and tachypnoea. As much as I hated being there the nurses were an amazing support getting breastfeeding established and the care my little guy received was second to none!!
I'll need to write up our birth story, and start a new journal too. Definitely riding the hormotional rollercoaster just now. X

Lovely name, I'll add it to front page.

Sorry to hear that bub had to have a bit of help but it's much better these things are picked up.

Also I am so happy you had such good support with feeding. We were left to fend for ourselves and it's only as Bee doesn't like formula that I have persevered (thankfully we're day 3 or 4 of her being back 100% on boob!!!)

Look forward to your birth story and new journal :lol:

X

Baby Emily arrived at 11.29pm last night....The time on the ticket showing as entering the car park was 11.08pm!

I phoned the labour ward when contractions were about 5 mins apart but as they were only lasting about 30 seconds and weren't overly painful they advised I stay put and call back when they were lasting at least a minute. The pains got more frequent about 3 mins but weren't lasting any longer but phoned back labour ward and they said take 2 co codamol and have a bath. I explained I lived at least half hour away and lost 5 pints of blood last time and labour only lasted 5 hours last time but they said I didn't sound like I was in established labour even though the pains were getting more intense.

About half an hour later the pains were about a minute apart so I said to my hubby to phone the labour ward and tell them we're coming in! Arrived at the hospital and could barely get out of the car and had 3 contractions to walk about 10 feet to the labour unit! In the assessment room I started feeling the urge to push...The midwife checked me and I was fully dilated and at that point my waters went! I was wheeled straight to labour ward, still contracting and they could see her head coming! I begged for pain relief the minute we got in the room, too late for anything via injection but the gas and air helped slightly but 3 pushes and she was out!

Emily was born weighing 8 lb 5. Sadly I retained the placenta again so ended up with an epidural after the birth but no huge blood loss this time, measured at 600 ml.

She's enjoyed a few feeds now and is currently sleeping, I think she looks so like her big sister Grace. Both were born with a full head of black hair!

Jo. X

Sorry to hear you had a bit of a tough time after, but it all sounds like it went well (barring the retained placenta of course!)

There have been so many quick labours???

I'll add Emily's details to front page.

Hope Mummy manages to get some rest.

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111