Jacob David 04/08/2012

Thanks ladies, he's managed to keep down 250ml water and due to his blood sugar being low, has been having 10ml sugared juice every 10mins for the last 2hrs 40mins and still going waiting for him to wee, have been completely dry since 8am though so we'll see how long this takes, poor little man x

4 hours later.... Weeeeeeeeeeee :)

Blood sugar is now 3.9 from 3.3 so still not where it should be, but very close x

Another hour passed still 10ml juice every 10mins - blood sugars now 2.8 - stronger juice for another hour and hope for the best x

Yeah hun, haven't been officially admitted but we're still here, had to email my work as can't go in, his blood sugar levels are only up to 3.7, they won't let him out under 4. he's refused juice since 4:45 (mind you 10ml every 10mins since 9pm last night has got to be enough bless him) but he has had a wheetabix with sugar. Poor little man.

Poor little sausage!

Hope his blood sugar levels are high enough for him to come home real soon

xxxxx

Well we got discharged... Got to the hospital "Greg's" ordered myself a sandwich, took 1 bite and Jacob's just thrown up all over himself and is back in PAU x

Still in hospital, Jacob's blood sugars are all over the place, he's taking fluids again now but he's got a tube in his nose for general hydration etc which he hates. Fingers crossed he's better come tomorrow x
5ejety8u.jpg

Still in hospital, but about to be discharged. He's been allowed to have an oz to 2 oz of juice an hour/every half hour now, when he's not asleep, he's had a biscuit this morning, one at 10 and 1/2 one at 3, and has held them down as well as a 4oz bottle of milk at 12:30,
Jacob is smiling and laughing, blood sugar levels are good too, they are just checking the results from his heel prick from when he was first born then doing paperwork and sending us home.
I on the other hand have caught the bug and am feeling rather crap! X

Oh Sal, you are all in the wars.

At least you can all go home and just have a weekend on the sofa.

Hope you are all better soon

xxxx

Thanks hunny, got discharged at 6:30, Jacob was sick just as we pulled up outside our house but I've decided to see how he gets on rather than taking him back AGAIN! It might just be down to the travelling or his tube being removed etc.
I had an early night last night and feel a bit better this morning, fingers crossed it lasts, I've managed to have some toast hope I hold it down.
Jacob is still fast asleep bless him. It's about time he caught up a bit, Mikey put him down last night and we went in to check on him an hour later and he was sat up in the corner of his cot asleep bless him. X

Glad you are all home hun, fingers crossed you are all better very soon

xxxxxx

I'm much better but Jacob just can't shake it, he's still being sick and has diarrhoea, I just wish I could make him better, he's lost so much weight :-(

Well Jacob Finally got over his bug, although was still feeling sorry for himself till about last Tuesday.

Wednesday and Thursday he was in his nursery Xmas play "the Gruffalo's child" he played a snowflake...
e5apeqep.jpg

It was so sweet, he mainly sat there but then the nursery staff bought the babies to the front to do a little dance it was so cute, Mikey and I took him on wed then my mom in thurs.

Saturday we went to swimming and luckily because he was feeling better, he really enjoyed it, he did loads of submersions and even got his 1st badge (very proud mommy moment)
5e3a7e4u.jpg

Here he is doing one of his submersions with solo strokes
5abydupa.jpg

He now has a bit of a cold and the start of conjunctivitis but he's ok in himself, he just doesn't like to be well lol. X

He does keep you on your toes doesn't he?

Kids have such weak immune systems though, the more they catch the more resilience they build up?

Look at James, had a virus and never shook it off and ended up in hospital... I was told how "normal" it was at their age as they have such immature respiratory systems.

Love the piccies, what an adorable little snowflake he was

xxxxxxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111