Jacob David 04/08/2012

Forgot to say the other day, (8/5/14) Jacob went to a development check with his paediatrician and had been put forward to a few different teams to monitor his noonans syndrome, he's also got to have another hearing test as hearing can deteriorate with people with noonans and he needs a bayleys test (advance development test) to find out if he is delayed and by how much, they will also liaise with nursery to monitor Jacob as well as look at doing a statement fr him if he needs it.

Harry is doing well he has got his hearing test tomorrow, we think he is tongue tied though (well he looks it) and also he struggled with his latch, gums me and falls asleep on the breast a lot, he also cluster feeds for a couple of hours at a time like he isn't getting enough from a feed. We are also awaiting a scan on his hips as he was breech for so long as well as on his heart as a precaution.

Oh yeah how do I change my thread title?
patypyru.jpg
qezu9uva.jpg
eza8eryb.jpg
juhu8ehy.jpg

The health visitor came round yesterday to visit Harry and he had his hearing test, he had clear responses in both ears :) yay! He is now 8lbs 11oz which means he's gained 12oz this week alone, (little chunk) he's being referred though as he is tongue tied so he doesn't latch properly and it can be quite painful he also sometimes is pretty much permanently feeding bless him, but I'm currently just persevering (as you can tell by the 12oz weight gain) lol.

Jacob has taken really well to being a big brother. Couldn't ask for any more, he is amazing, he tries to help me and he comforts his brother if he is upset by stroking and gently tapping his back.

Such a proud mummy :)

Awwww.... Look at those pictures of the three of you together, you all look so happy.

How cute are you boys hey.

Glad to hear all went well with the HV, also glad to hear Jacob is being well looked after.

You are doing amazingly

X

Thank you hun, I must say that my boys are pretty awesome ;-) x

Jacob loves his little brother so much bless him, today I took Harry to see the infant feeding coordinator today about his tongue tie, she had a look at him and put her finger in his mouth and said his tongue movement was limited so has done a tongue tie divide, he was swaddled in a blanket, I held his face still and held his lower jaw to open his mouth and she did the cut, was really quick and Harry only cried briefly - such a brave soldier, Jacob sat outside with my mum like a good little boy and was looking around for his brother when Harry started to cry bless him, such a good boy.

Love my boys so much x x

Last edited:
We took Jacob and Harry to lyme park in Stockport on Saturday to meet 2 family's with children who have noonans syndrome, Jacob was having fun playing on the park while we got chance to chat and ask questions, it was really nice because now we know we have people we can turn to for advice that are not just following a text book, they have life experience of the condition and how it can effect the family as well as the person with it.

Harry has gained 26oz in 15 days and now weighs 10lbs 5oz.... Seems having his tongue tie cut means he's gaining approx 13oz per week. He's going to be a right chubby cheeks x

Ha ha Harry is a wee fatty! Much better that way though, you'd rather then have a bit of weight to play with so when they start teething etc and go off their food you don't have to worry as much.

Sounds like it was really productive to meet the other families! How old were their kiddies?

At least you have some "real life" support as well the medical support ??

How has the transition from 1 to 2 boys been? You seem to be coping amazingly well :lol:

X

Last edited:
The meet was brilliant, as you say we have some real life support. One of the boys we met is 7, although height wise I'd have placed him at about 4, the other is 12 and height wise he wasn't too short but I believe he's had the growth hormone.

Having the 2 boys isn't too bad, I think Harry is having a growth spurt, he was up most the night feeding and has been very much the same all day, Jacob's currently having a nap, I'd normally have him up by now but Harry had other ideas.

Jacob is being a little mischievous at the moment but he's just testing the boundaries bless him. I'm sure it won't last long.

I'm totally in love with both my boys and can't wait for them to be able to play together.

Happy Birthday Sal

Hope you have a lovely day and that your boys look after to you

X

Thank you hunny, had a fab day, Harry had slept through (2nd night on the trot) we went to the safari park as the air show would have been a little loud for a 5week old, Jacob had a fab day even sat still and had his face painted (the woman doing it was shockingly poor) although was not allowed on ANY of the toddler rides due to being so little.

aqame2a3.jpg

Harry also gave us a smile, the pik is from one this morning though as didn't catch the one yesterday

ry5urudu.jpg

Awwww look at that smile... too cute :lol:

I did have to LOL @ the face painting, it was pretty bad?

James wont even let me wash his face, I can't imagine he'd sit still for a face painter :shock:

X

I couldn't believe it, she was dragging the sponge round his face rather than "dabbing" I think Jacob could have done a better job himself!

Sorry I have been AWOL for a while, had loads going on.

We went to Butlins in Minehead last week with the boys and we had a wonderful time, Jacob had plenty to keep him occupied (and to keep daddy on his toes, hehe).

Jacob went on all the funfair rides and adored them, he also watched some of the kids entertainment, played in the soft play, had a day at the beach and went swimming in the outdoor pool.

ehesepar.jpg

zebenyga.jpg

Harry got too hot at the beach and constantly fed, he was quite grumpy throughout but it's the price you pay for having children :) daddy seemed to have a calming influence though.

usy8u8en.jpg

Got a busy couple of weeks again too

1st - Harry's 8 week jabs (yep already)
2nd - Harry's hip scan from being breech for so long
4th - my appointment to start on the contraceptive injection
8th - Jacob has the special needs early years team coming to meet him
9th - Jacob's heart scan
17th - Harry's heart scan
21st we get to chill out a little though as we're taking Jacob to see in the night garden live in Birmingham, hope he enjoys it.

Busy busy busy! :)

Blimey you do have a busy few weeks hun, at least that is a lot of "to do's" off the list hey?

Good luck for the boys heart scans.

Glad you managed a break, you are brave lol - it was hard enough with one :shock:

Love the pics, your boys are just perfect

X

Thanks hunny. Yeah definitely brave but luckily daddy did lots of running round with Jacob when I had to do feeds lol.

So far, Harry jabs and hip scan went well he's now 12lb 14 oz (little fatty) lets see how next week goes now lol....
Oh yeah on the 15th we are seeing a family support worker too to discuss Jacob and see if they can offer support to us x

Jacob's heart scan went well last week, no change and his appointment with the SNEYS was a success too, she's gonna come and begin his assessments in September. The FSW couldn't make it yesterday so is coming next Tuesday instead. Tomorrow Harry has his heart scan, fingers crossed that all goes to plan, will keep you posted though.

One down, one to go hey? Best of luck for Harry's scan - excellent news about Jacob's

X

Thanks hun.... As for Harry's scan....

What a waste of time, just been to see Dr Gurusamy for Harry's scan after our first appointment was cancelled and the person who rearranged it didn't bother checking which clinic it was for, so after a wild goose chase around new cross to find out where his appointment is taking place, he tells me he can't carry out a scan in this clinic and the equipment is unavailable so we need to rearrange, dr Gurusamy is putting in a complaint as it's wasted both of our time and has added a slot to the end of his clinic next Friday for Harry to be seen.

Oh dear Sal, how frustrating.

What a pain in the bum.

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27