Jacob David 04/08/2012

Thanks hun, it should have been done so long ago, I wanted to get Jacob settled in there before this little one came along, oh well, still some time lol x

5eqe3e8a.jpg
8ytebyny.jpg
nu6azyzy.jpg

Getting there x

That is an epic picture. Tee hee, how funny is that!

His room is looking amazing

X

Last edited:
Thanks hun, still got so much to do and only 3 1/3 weeks till due date lol x

Well, just had a call off the genetic consultant, Jacob has been diagnosed with noonans syndrome. I'm glad we have an answer to why he has so many different problems now and we know what has caused it all, but at the same time putting a title to his problems is also difficult. Just got to wait and see what the next step is now.

Hi Sal,

I know it wasn't a bolt from the blue getting the diagnosis but it must be hard none the less.

I am a great believer that "knowledge is power" so I think knowing is a positive thing and as you say you just need to absorb it all and then see what your next move is

X

Thanks hun. :) I totally agree knowledge is power.

I know they want to test us and will want to test baby too, just got to wait and see when and what happens from there x

Right ok so I think it has sunk in now about the noonans diagnosis, had a good cry and felt sorry for myself and my little man last night but I'm better today (I think lol) he's such an amazing little boy, noonans does not define who he is, and he wouldn't be who he is if he didn't have it, Jacob is Jacob and so what if he has noonans syndrome, ok so we'll have more appointments life will be a little harder but amazing none the less! We'll get by we are fighters :) x

Right ok so I think it has sunk in now about the noonans diagnosis, had a good cry and felt sorry for myself and my little man last night but I'm better today (I think lol) he's such an amazing little boy, noonans does not define who he is, and he wouldn't be who he is if he didn't have it, Jacob is Jacob and so what if he has noonans syndrome, ok so we'll have more appointments life will be a little harder but amazing none the less! We'll get by we are fighters :) x

Love your attitude and spirit Sal - I never hear you complain and feel sorry for yourself.

Jacob has obviously developed your positive outlook which will help him so much

X

Thank you hun, I really did feel sorry for myself the other day lol but it soon passed :) I don't see the point of wondering what if etc, just take the hand your dealt and make the best of every situation :) l love my little man so much :) he's my world, can't wait for his little bro/sis to arrive - he'll be an incredible big brother :)

Oh yeah, his bedroom carpet hasn't arrived yet so he's still in the nursery so can't get baby's clothes etc washed and away and also my car has gone to the mechanic today after a week of it not starting and being seen by 4 mechanics and the AA 3 times, I got sick of seeing it on my drive, if she won't start, what's the point of me having to look at her, she's welcome home when she behaves herself. Lol

Oh forgot, Jacob was at a fancy dress party on Sunday.... We decided to dress him as stewie griffin......

uta6azev.jpg

How is Jacob adjusting to being a big brother?

X

He's doing a superb job, Harry started crying today and he patted his leg and was saying awwwwwwww to him. He's learning how to say Harry too. I couldn't be more proud of him. I'm so lucky to have my boys :) hopefully get a nice pik of them together soon to put on here x

So I would like to announce the safe arrival of Harry James, after 39weeks and 6days he decided that today (2/5/14) he wanted to makes his arrival.

So here's Harry's birth story.....

At 5:30 this morning I woke to what I guessed was a contraction, I had a few during the night and to be honest the only reason I didn't go back to sleep this time was because I needed to pee.

I went for a wee and lay back in bed till 5:50 when my contractions were approx 4 mins apart and I'd had a "bloody show", I decided to give delivery triage a ring due to my group b strep, they advised me to see how I get on for an hour or so, so I jumped in the bath had some paracetamol and then had some breakfast and a cup of coffee and got Jacob ready for nursery.

By 7:50, I called triage again and told them the contractions were coming every 3 ish minutes and that I wanted to go in to be checked, they agreed to this so Mikey and I took Jacob to nursery on the way in.

We got to triage about 8:45/9 (with traffic) we were checked in and taken to the waiting room.

By 9:15 the midwife came round and moved us into an assessment room where she checked my obs and hooked me up to a machine to check on both baby and I. She was struggling to find the position of baby's head and even did an internal and called another midwife in to be certain, as she wasn't sure baby was head down or at least in the right position The lead midwife came in and had a feel externally then also did an internal where she wasn't 100% sure what she could feel was the head, she felt a bit longer and my waters ruptured (oops lol although she did say she felt I was 4cm.

A registrar now came in and assessed me and also did an internal, she said she was happy she could feel baby's head so I was moved to delivery (I chose to walk round, god knows why when my waters had gone lol.... It was rather messy)

So we get to delivery suite at approx 10:15, and I'm sat on the bed to start with, set up my IV drip and we did speak about a water birth but I was told unfortunately no I couldn't have one, so they got me a birthing ball to play on and some gas and air, it was approx 10:45 I decided to try out the birthing ball and found it to be much more comfy than the bed so I went with the flow.

About 11:40 the urge to pee came back, so I thought I'd escape between contractions but no such luck, I had 1 before I went to the lol, 1 in there (it was opposite my room) and one as soon as I got back, that one was a very strong contraction and I said that I wasn't sure if I wanted something more than gas and air but at the same time didn't want to, the midwife smiled and asked if I wanted to give it a further 1/2 hour to which I agreed. The IV had now just finished, And I had another strong contraction, with the end of this contraction I got the urge to push, I told the midwife and she got me to get on the bed, she grabbed another midwife as a paediatrician needed to be present to check baby over, the second midwife came in, examined me and said "yes she's fully dilated, there's the baby's head, get your birth pack ready" and went to get the paediatrician, 3 or 4 contractions later, Harry James entered the world at 11:58am weighing 7lbs 15oz; Mikey was unable to cut the cord as Harry has poo'd and they needed to check him over quickly, so they gave me a brief cuddle, checked him over then handed him back to me, I was so amazed he was here, a little brother for Jacob to play with.

3y6y9ame.jpg

a8etaryq.jpg

After doing all of Harry's checks, they told us he is doing really well.

We stayed in for 24hrs for Harry to have obs for group b strep symptoms, and also to monitor his colour due to Jacob having ABO incompatibility, Everything looked good. I'm one happy mummy.

e9eta9y4.jpg

vydy9ezy.jpg

Finally finished Jacob's room..... First night in a toddler bed - wish me luck!

yte7agab.jpg
a2yzyjuh.jpg
4ypahuhe.jpg

Thanks hun. He woke 4 times, twice he was on the floor so presume he fell out but he wasn't too bad, he keeps trying to put stuff back in the nursery though, (possible autism with his noonans) if that is the case he did excellently :) thanks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back