Jacob David 04/08/2012

Thanks hunny, you always know what to say, I'm so glad the forum is up and running again, I've missed it so much.

Oh yeah Jacob has a christmas party on Thursday at nursery, I've bought him a new shirt for it (size 9-12m and it hangs off him lol) also he's finally big enough for Clarks walkers shoes he's a 3G on 1 foot, 3H on the other so had to have H, so glad he's finally got durable shoes though :) x

Just realised how bad I am at keeping my thread updated..... :-(

We've had a lovely Xmas and new year, Jacob was spoilt again.

Today Jacob has seen the genetic consultant so as a treat afterwards we've been to a soft play area and my little man had his first encounter with a bully :-(
This kid was about 3, Jacob was playing in the balloon enclosure where he was pushed over, this happened again a couple of minutes later by the same child, then again a few minutes later, each and every time I had to collect him out the enclosure as he was on the floor in tears, and refused to stay in there and play. Before the third occasion the mom said "Samuel mommy has something to tell you" which I was hoping would be "if you push the little boy again you will be in trouble"but no not so lucky, at him hearing his mom had something to tell him, he made a new line for Jacob and pushed his head with both hands, pushing him into the side of the enclosure and onto his side. I ran in to the balloon pit (as Jacob was in the furthest corner) and grabbed Jacob and said "this is ridiculous now, 3 times he's pushed over my 17month old, and you've done nothing about it!" to the parents and was totally ignored, no apology nothing! WT actual F!?!?!? X

e9u4utyn.jpg
selfie x x

Oh how lovely!! It's been ages since I've seen Jacob's beautiful little face

(his Mama is looking fab too!)

X

Thanks hunny, he's such a cheeky monkey!

Been doing the odd hour or so in toddler room at nursery over the last few weeks and they're hoping to move him into there in March or April as he's the oldest in the baby room but just so tiny compared to all the toddlers bless him x

Taking cubs to the drs today, I'm not happy with what started off looking like a teething rash...

husaqe9e.jpg

It's spread though (sorry pik isn't great he won't keep still very long)

je5yqede.jpg

Anyone else think this could be hand foot and mouth? He won't let me look in his mouth for any ulcers x

a3a4e3es.jpg

I'm no expert but it could be HFM - best to get the GP to check him over though!

X

Yeah all checked, he's got hand foot and mouth, poor sausage x

Poor little Jacob!

What is the treatment? (If any?)

Big hugs

X

Just to let it ride it's course and paracetamol if and when x

Right well, cubby is back to his normal self, he started eating again last Thursday so luckily the worst of It only lasted 4-5days, his spots had all gone by Friday am so he was able to go to his swimming lesson Saturday, it was his last week of this term so I was over the moon he was well enough to go; he really enjoys swimming and has been doing really well with his arm movements the last 2 weeks, he's almost trying to doggy paddle, bless him.

Here he is practising his most ridiculous smile lol

e2asa4ur.jpg

Well I have been to see the general surgeon AGAIN today about Jacob's undescended testicle and they have said they are happy to offer the surgery.
They have then said to me (after looking at his notes about his heart disease) that the surgery is a risk and has no health benefits and that it is only cosmetic so it is up to me if I want to go ahead and put my son's life at risk with an anaesthetic for a cosmetic procedure.
I explained to them that he is being screened for noonans and undescended testicles are a symptom of this and that I have also been told his testicle will not come down itself also that I'm concerned it may effect his fertility in later life and that it could increase his risk of testicular cancer. The dr told me that the operation won't change any of that as he was born with an undescended testicle and that he will not benefit health wise from the operation.
I explained that I don't want Jacob to have a risk of anaesthetic for a cosmetic procedure but I feel that the information I have had from the noonans site and NHS site relating to the long term effects of an undescended testicle not being operated on by the age of 2 say different to him, I left it as that and arranged a follow up in 6 months but after speaking with his heart consultant and awaiting a call back from his paediatrician I have called and arranged for him to be put on the waiting list. I have just received a call that he will be having the surgery on 18th March 3pm x

Jacob got his 2nd and 3rd swimming badges and certificates today from last term! So proud of him!

Well tomorrow is the day, fingers crossed for Jacob's surgery. I'm so nervous! :-(

Wow only just noticed I didn't update Jacob's journal......

As Jacob wasn't allowed to eat after 10am or drink after 2, we did neither in front of him (I took some small flapjack pieces I could eat out of sight if I needed anything)
Pre op pik...
vy8yry2y.jpg
we managed to get him to sleep which was useful with the lack of food/fluids.
Jacob went down for his op at 6:20pm, Mikey and I went with him while he had the anaesthetic, I had him in my arms, rather than upsetting him with a mask, try used a tube and held it by his face, firstly they started him on gas and air then they turned on the anaesthetic and slowly increased the dose, as he started to fall to sleep he started to get a little "niggly" so they put the mask on the tube to speed it up so he wasn't upset, I lay him on the bed and had tears rolling down my face we left the room for him to be taken in for his surgery and went to get ourselves a drink and some food. We got to the hospital restaurant and neither of us wanted food, we both felt physically sick so we just had a hot drink, we then went over the road to the town to get something to eat, but no where was open that we fancied so grabbed a sandwich from sainsburys and headed back, on our way back into ward (approx 7) the surgeon came to us and told us Jacob's op had gone well and he'd be back on ward in approx 30mins. That was the most amazing news to get back to, we went to the ward parent room ate our food and headed to his bedside, Jacob had literally just beat us to his bed, they'd moved him across to his bed and he was sound asleep having his obs done.
9arymu6e.jpg

He finally woke up about 9:30pm, had cuddles off mummy and daddy, tonnes of juice and went back to sleep, which was brilliant as money left at 10, so it was nice that he got to have a cuddle before He left.
During the night, Jacob had obs done every few hours which were fine, he woke at 2 and 5, both times he wanted juice and a cuddle and went straight back to sleep, the spinal block was still in his system though so he just lay waiting to be picked up saying "momma".
ge8ysyza.jpg

At 8am, Mikey called me to tell me he was on his way but the car broke down, luckily it was as e was about to turn into the park and ride car park, so he pushed it across the metro tracks into a space and left it to deal with later, so while he was jumping in the metro, I made a few calls and myself a drink and went back to Jacob's bed, on route the nurse said "he's been asking for you!" I felt a little bad I wasn't there when he woke up, but turned the corner to his bed and he was stood up :) and smiling, finally the spinal block had wore off, it was horrible seeing him not able to do anything.
zu3a3uve.jpg

Mikey got to us just after 9, with a bacon sandwich for me, Jacob had just had his breakfast, and we we're seen by the dr and discharged by 11:30.

As for the car, it started when we got back to the car park (my dad met us there as a back up plan just incase so I could get Jacob home) and it's been plugged in and no fault is showing up.... Strange thing!

He's now doing really well, you wouldn't know he'd had the op the way he's playing etc x

So glad to hear Jacobs op went well!
He looks so happy and smiley on that last picture! :)
You and Mikey were really brave as well, big hugs you did fab!
Happy Mothers day, enjoy it with your gorgeous boy, next year you'll get double the cuddles!! Xxx

Thank you hun happy Mother's Day to you too.

He's such a little trooper. Can't believe how lucky I am to have him.

Baby has now cooked 2days longer than Jacob. I've asked him/her not to arrive today; Still have far too much to do lol.

How are you? X

So got some more painting done with the help of my DH who won't obviously let his 35w preggers wife climb a ladder / on a hop up etc (mainly for the fact I'm further in my pregnancy than I've got before lol) this is where we've got to.....

pe4ypese.jpg

Can't wait to do some of the colour on the ship today when My little man has his nap, the DH can do the 2nd coat round the room tonight while I colour in the sea. Hopefully we can get the skirting on this weekend and buy the door ready for my dad to come cut it to size carpet is already on order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back