How to get an elective c section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do agree with Carnat to a point.

I agree re resources and cost. Why should women have elective c-sections with none of the previously medical and/or psychological reasons at a big cost, which over time may mean cuts to other areas of maternal care? I think if you feel so strongly about having a c-section without medical/psychological grounds to base it on then you should be advised to go private.

It is a major abdomimal surgery. If it were any other surgery ie a gastric band, and someone went straight for that option over all the other natural options they would be refused. Why? Because its too expensive an option as a plan A and it is too risky without trying alternative options. Now I know a vaginal child birth carries risks, but they are less so than c-sections.

I wont go on but thats my two pence worth

The only answer I can assume is quite obvious really Nat, if someone doesn't have a medical or physchological need then I'm presuming they wouldn't ask for a section would they? Someone who has medical need could ask and have an obvious reason to request one and someone who has the physchological need wouldn't consider it unless the fear existed

tapatalkin

Even if Carnat did offend people, your comment Maddie is disgusting.

How dare you say that no one cares about her opinion on this thread or any other threads.

Go give your head a wobble. How immature

The only answer I can assume is quite obvious really Nat, if someone doesn't have a medical or physchological need then I'm presuming they wouldn't ask for a section would they? Someone who has medical need could ask and have an obvious reason to request one and someone who has the physchological need wouldn't consider it unless the fear existed

tapatalkin

OBEM probes that people do consider it. A woman having a c-section because they are too posh to push just like Victoria Beckham..

As someone who has had 3 c sections, I think natural birth should be encouraged.
Fears can be alleviated. My biggest fear was a section. I had a panic attack on the operating table during my first. However, I happily skipped down the corridor to the second and third without much fuss.
There's so many options for pain relief and pain management!
I have to say I'm on the side of having a cesarian under medical grounds only. Unless you want to go through private medical care and pay yourself xx

On the same note Em, the easier and cheaper option for a drug addict or an alcoholic is simply to stop drinking and stop taking drugs but do the NHS refuse to treat them for not taking the cheaper option? Of course they don't.

tapatalkin

Oh here we go again! Another thread turning into one member being attacked for their opinion!
This place is becoming a joke and believe me, it didn't used to be like this!

How dare you say that no one cares about her opinion on this thread or any other threads.

Sorry but you do not comment on threads with biased nonsense when somebody is just asking for help, that is what this site is for, it wasnt a thread posted for mine or anytone elses opinions she wasnt asking that she was just trying to find a bit of advice.

My seeming immaturity is horribly honestey im afraid to say.

But surgery would never be considered as a first option in any of those cases either unless absolutely necessarry..

tapatalkin

OBEM probes that people do consider it. A woman having a c-section because they are too posh to push just like Victoria Beckham..

That was simply a good headline at the time. Do you think Victoria felt the need to share with the world that she had a valid medical reason or a fear? We will never know the real reason she had sections but I'm pretty sure there is no truth in being to posh to push

tapatalkin

Oh here we go again! Another thread turning into one member being attacked for their opinion!
This place is becoming a joke and believe me, it didn't used to be like this!

My point exactly

but it wasnt a thread about people opinions the title wasntn "elective c sections, what do you think?"

it was just someone seeking a little advice and help

If you havnt got anything nice to say... then dont say anything at all, but as you cant seem to help yourself i cant seem to either.

This lady was just looking for a bit of help and advice of which Gayle was giving her. Every human has a choice as to what they want their body to go through and we all have our own opinions. Your comments are small minded and point blank rude.

From what i can tell she was asking if anyone had ever done it and how they went about it, not your personal opinion on elective sections or anything else for that matter.

We all have our own phobias, opinions and prefrences thats what makes us unique, like your chocie of special additioned black framed pushchairs for instance carnat...

Do not judge when you have no idea of a persons story. Even if she just doesnt want to push a baby out her foof, i cant blame her, i didnt give birth then think oh yeah who wouldnt want to do this?

I would definately change your midwife hun its horrible to be laughed at when its something important to you, i hope you get it sorted.

Im glad you had the birth you wanted Gayle.

So basically i think carnat YOU are missing the point... no one cares about your opinion on this or any other thread.

Good day.

Wowser!!

I apologised about the phobia comment as I was indeed wrong... I don't think I have personally attacked anyone or been rude??

You on the other hand have done both.

I suggest you re-read the first line of your post about saying nothing and all that.

I think the OP would have benefited more by being encouraged to address her fears as opposed to be people popping up and saying "oh I had a section and it was great"

I have given my reasons for this numerous times! For someone who doesn't care about my opinion you sure have a lot to say about it????

And to bring up my pram! Jesus how pathetic. Do I have a stalker?

Last edited:

Sorry but you do not comment on threads with biased nonsense when somebody is just asking for help, that is what this site is for, it wasnt a thread posted for mine or anytone elses opinions she wasnt asking that she was just trying to find a bit of advice.

My seeming immaturity is horribly honestey im afraid to say.

No, just pure bollocks. Please dont speak on behalf of everyone else saying we dont care about her opinion.

tapatalkin

That was simply a good headline at the time. Do you think Victoria felt the need to share with the world that she had a valid medical reason or a fear? We will never know the real reason she had sections but I'm pretty sure there is no truth in being to posh to push

tapatalkin

Loads of women will happily go on record saying they're too posh to push. But most of them paid for that choice themselves

tapatalkin

tapatalkin

You misunderstood me. The woman on OBEM had a c-section and that was her reason...

Maddie, no one here is being rude except you. Fortunately some of is are adult enough to discuss our difference of opinions without immaturity and rudeness.

tapatalkin

It's an online forum, of course you're going to get opinions as well as well meaning advice!

tapatalkin

tapatalkin

Loads of women will happily go on record saying they're too posh to push. But most of them paid for that choice themselves

My point exactly!!

alot of it is indirected rudeness.

also if you re read the first line of my post it will explain my rudeness

my point is the lady wanted help not everyones opinions!

Maddie, you said it yourself..

If you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.. Practice what you preach and all that..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back