possible c-section

roxane 1985

Reaction score
im so confused first my consultant wants me to have a planned c-section AFTER my due date, then registrar says he doesnt want me to have one.

now im waiting on some blood results to see if ive built up an immune system to an infection i had last week. if i have then im not having c-section, if i havent then they are booking one, and until bloods come back im down for a c-section if i should go into labour before i get the results

just wanted a straight answer today

I am confused as to why they would plan a section after your due date! seems like very unorganised and panicy way to have a baby? I would really question that to be honest hun, I have had 4 planned ones, and although it really pays to wait till nearer due date to prevent wet lungs (grunting) from the wet surfactant lining the lungs till birth, it doesn't get pushed out (baby does not squeese out the birth canal when a section), I had a 38 week and a 37 plu 5 week section and both went to special care with wet lungs and other issues, the other at 39 weeks was all fine and well and the last this year (they plan sections much later nowadays was 39 plus 1 ) and also fine. I just don't get the waiting till labour started , push them for a date before D day.

my cousin said the same, i thought it had to be before and she said it does, if it turns out i do need one im making some demands lol

Defo make demands babe or question why wait til after due date.. They need a good reason!
Hopefully it won't come to that anyway.. Good luck with ur results xxx

ijust think they are putting me at a risk and i cant seem to persude them.

I have been told I have to have a c-section because of health problems and the consultant said it will be booked in for 39 weeks or automatically earlier if anything happens. I would demand answers hun. xxx

i just dont know how to convince them, they just arent bothered at all, they want me bak in in 2 weeks time to discuss my blood results which is aload of crap as it 2 days before my due date, how they going to book me in for one in time if im not immune :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back