Evening primrose and grapefruit juice results ?

Charlotte I've just been reading about the alkaline diet and how it helps the sperm survive. I read that you need to insert the test strips in your lady bits not yes the urine is that correct ?. I think I might get some test strips, I've got a P H test kit here for my fish tanks but don't think it will work lol �� xx

I just noticed your post.

pH tests are the same as PG tests. Use in the morning (fmu). I think fish tank strips will work too. But better get the real stuff either from Amazon or Ebay. Mine arrived very quickly. Will test again in the morning.

In my smoothie I put spinach, kale and kiwi (for sweetness), then pour in carrot juice. I was not brave enough to drink it from the glass. ha ha I drunk it through the straw. x

My new approach is if I eat beef (acidic) and potatoes (acidic) I drink beetroot/ carrot juice after to alkalize everything again. If I eat chocolate or bread then I will make my green smoothy. x

Last edited:
Well I have some disturbing news, my first month taking epo with a cyce that has been 29 days for as long as I can remember, today on just cd24 I have spotting !!!. I have had no pms/ pmt symptoms at all, no sore boobs, no chocolate craving. So the proof for me is that epo definitely shortens your cycle. I should have full flow tomorrow, I'm not sure if a 25 day cycle is a good thing or not ? and not sure how I feel about having my cycle shortened. The bottom line is do I carry on with epo or stop it ?. For ladies with long cycle length this will be a Godsend xx

Last edited:
A short cycle isn't necessarily an issue hun.

I tend to have 24-26 day cycles and I've been pregnant three times. My luteal phase is generally only 10-12 days long but it's obviously long enough for implantation to occur.

XX

You girls should consider buying a nutribullet or similar. In the long run it is way cheaper than buying juices and smoothies from the supermarket, plus there are no preservatives in it, just the ingredients you add. My mummy friends have also been using theirs to make purees for weaning.

This morning I have Kale, beetroot, apple, banana, an actimel and some water - yummy!

We got our nutribullet for our wedding last year and I use it almost every day and make everything from soups to hummous in it.

x

Last edited:
J9nine

I agree. I only buy beetroot juice and grapefruit. Can't imagine blending beets in my kitchen ha ha.

I have a blender stick. This morning I made smoothy: kale, spinach, kiwi and grapefruit juice.yum x

For lunch I have organic carrot soup. X

A short cycle isn't necessarily an issue hun.

I tend to have 24-26 day cycles and I've been pregnant three times. My luteal phase is generally only 10-12 days long but it's obviously long enough for implantation to occur.

XX

Hi Emily, ah thankyou so much for your reply, I thought there would be an issue with a short cycle length, thats great to know pregnancy can still happen. It will actually work out brilliantly as will mean my fertile window will be before my gallbladder op wooo hooo x

I was just wondering if you take the EPO all the time or just up to ovulation? Same with the grapefruit juice. When and how much were you drinking? I never really get any EWCM so I'm hoping to improve that. Thanks

I was just wondering if you take the EPO all the time or just up to ovulation? Same with the grapefruit juice. When and how much were you drinking? I never really get any EWCM so I'm hoping to improve that. Thanks

This is my first month doing EPO and grapefruit juice as like you I don't get EWCM either. From my understanding you are only supposed to take it up to O. I have heard that EPO shouldn't be taken in pregnancy so I think it must be important to stop then.

I have been drinking about 250ml of juice a day and 2 x 1000mg EPO.

I am on CD13 today and normally ovulate around CD14/15. I haven't seen any EWCM yet but I am definitely much wetter than normal so think it must be doing something.

Good luck xx

Last edited:
J9nine

Omg Iam CD 13 today and usually ovulate around CD15. How simiral we are. :)

Ive been drinking grapefruit juice since CD1. I always get ewcm so I'm expecting to see a lot more this cycle. x

Let's hope we're both sucessful this month. I have everything crossed for us xx

J9nine

Me too! Everything crossed for us and all of you girls!!!!

Xxxxx

I tried epo for the first time this cycle (though I started taking it around cd8 (so was not for many days) and stopped the day after positive opk.

I'm now CD32, and no signs af yet. Very unusual for me. So ahh I hope it's not made my cycle longer!

Hope next month it works for you all! :)

Hi ladies. Have been watching this thread with interest. Been on the grapefruit juice for around two dats now, but it's just occurred to me...should I be drinking the golden? (Normal grapefruit) or the pink grapefruit juice?

Does it make a difference? X

Lottie

It does not matter pink or golden. I picked the pink one for a girl :)

As long as its real juice, not a juice drink. x

I use the pink grapefruit from Asda, its concentrate not fresh, I still had ewcm with it though x

I prefer the pink grapefruit juice :) I think it's slightly sweeter

I've just been to my local grocers and bought some banannas spinach, kiwi, pomegranate, pineapple apples and coconut frozen yoghurt going to make a smoothie tomorrow , been drinking juice but ive been a bit lazy with smoothies, I have a nutribullet and bought it so I could make the my LO smoothies

I've run out of Beetroot and grapefruit juice so need to call at the supermarket tomorrow

waiting on my alkaline test strips, Charlotte have you been testing?

xxxxxx

Clover

Well done on getting all those goodies! Very impressive :). BE CAREFUL with apples. I discovered that supermarket apples are all waxed. Its awful.

I suggest you check yours too :) Its easy.

So pour cold water into the bowl, then hold the apple above it and pour boiling hot water from the kettle on to the apple and then check whats in the bowl. You will be surprised.

I peel mine now as i don't want to eat those chemicals.

I make my green smoothy now every morning: spinach, kale, grapefruit juice and kiwi. Yum

I tested this morning and got 6-6.25. Well Im hoping to get to 6.5 soon. At least Im not under 6.

I got the book alkaline diet for dummies, love it.

Last edited:
*adds EPO and gracefully juice to grocery list*

Clover

Well done on getting all those goodies! Very impressive :). BE CAREFUL with apples. I discovered that supermarket apples are all waxed. Its awful.

I suggest you check yours too :) Its easy.

So pour cold water into the bowl, then hold the apple above it and pour boiling hot water from the kettle on to the apple and then check whats in the bowl. You will be surprised.

I peel mine now as i don't want to eat those chemicals.

I make my green smoothy now every morning: spinach, kale, grapefruit juice and kiwi. Yum

I tested this morning and got 6-6.25. Well Im hoping to get to 6.5 soon. At least Im not under 6.

I got the book alkaline diet for dummies, love it.

Charlotte, I can't stand apples from supermarkets, the wax stuff they put on them is disgusting. I had broccoli and cabbage for lunch, rice, chicken and rocket salad for tea. I'm gonna try this alkaline theory and hopefully lose some weight too. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back