Success with Evening Primrose Oil

ceebee

Reaction score
Hiya :)

Just thought I'd let anyone who's interested know I've had a bit of success with EPO. I started taking it last cycle to help with my EWCM as I wasn't seeing any and this month I've seen it for the first time! Am sure it's the EPO, so would recommend it for anyone who thinks they might have lack of EWCM... I'm taking 1000mg x3 a day and stopping at ovulation. Holland and Barrett have got some on offer at the moment...

:dust:baby dust for everyone! xx

I have heard good things about EPO, although you can only take it leading up to OV and not afterwards? (as you rightly say)

Not sure how that works for people that aren't 100% sure when they OV though.

I haven't used it yet, although I have a batch at home? I may start that on CD1 next month if no joy this month :)

xxxxxxx

Last edited:
I have to agree with Cee because after coming off the pill in September I didn't get much CM and Taffy Rose recommend I used it and BAM - Preggers!!! December was the first month I saw the EWCM and more watery CM so I think it is amazing. I didn't know when I was going to ovulate so I stopped on CD12...but the CM continued.

Saying all this I have also read that some women just don't notice CM as it can just stay inside but for someone that is worried or just want to do anything to help it can't hurt you as it also helps to balance your hormones.

Good luck ladies!!!

xxxx

December was the first time I took EPO too...

I have to agree with Cee because after coming off the pill in September I didn't get much CM and Taffy Rose recommend I used it and BAM - Preggers!!! December was the first month I saw the EWCM and more watery CM so I think it is amazing. I didn't know when I was going to ovulate so I stopped on CD12...but the CM continued.

Saying all this I have also read that some women just don't notice CM as it can just stay inside but for someone that is worried or just want to do anything to help it can't hurt you as it also helps to balance your hormones.

Good luck ladies!!!

xxxx

Oooh - exciting Tara! Hope I'm as lucky as you!! :)

I have been checking inside but didn't find any CM until the last few days. Peak fertility on CBFM & Positive opk today, so will be busy for the next night or 3!!

That's true carnat about not knowing when you ov, but once you get started on your opks, you should be fine... :)

xx

Oooh - exciting Tara! Hope I'm as lucky as you!! :)

I have been checking inside but didn't find any CM until the last few days. Peak fertility on CBFM & Positive opk today, so will be busy for the next night or 3!!

That's true carnat about not knowing when you ov, but once you get started on your opks, you should be fine... :)

xx

I think I'll leave it this month?

I seem to be OK with producing EWCM, and don't want to start taking anything at all until after my appointment on Friday?

I know that the reason you have to stop taking EPO is to do with being it being "harmful" during the 2WW and with my M/c history I don't want to chance it... I don't have trouble conceiving as such I just cannot stay pregnant :shock:

Although I am keen to conceive ASAP this year, once we know how to make it a sticky bean of course

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Fair enough - if you don't have issues with CM then I wouldn't mess with things... Good luck with your appointment on Friday - fx they'll be able to suggest something good xx

Fair enough - if you don't have issues with CM then I wouldn't mess with things... Good luck with your appointment on Friday - fx they'll be able to suggest something good xx

Thanks hun!

I wasn't pooh-poohing EPO as such as I have heard good things about it (and ladoes on this thread have testified it works LOL) it just isn't for me..

Fingers crossed I am now going to get some answers [I am assuming it will take a while to get any results of any blood tests etc] I just hope there is some light at the end of the tunnel to be honest.

TTC is hard enough let alone knowing that if I do get a BFP chances are it isn't go to work out!

Still it's a new year now and I feel very hopeful

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Hi I used EPO this month and really worked for me! I had CM b4 but heard that it s good so I gave it a try!
Which I'm glad as I maybe PG :)

Vicki xx

I have used EPO and i have noticed a difference lets hope it hope get us our BFP!

xx

i am just taking 1 x 1000mg as they are one a day , i see that ceebee is taking 3 x 1000mg is that correct? should i up my dose? xxx

oooh, sounds good. im using concieve plus at the mo which other ladies have used and have been successful with. will try it a few months but if no bfp may try epo. are there any side effects??

Hi ladies,

The fertility consultant put me on EPO 2 x 1000 everyday but he did not tell me to stop the day I ovulate?!?!? He said I was to take them everyday along with vitamin D, I'm lost now should I stop taking the EPO the day I ovulate?

Loop exciting, I'm going to buy some at the weekend. Good luck all x

Don't worry Carnat :) I wasn't offended - really hope the clinic helps you as it must be very difficult for you - glad you're hopeful - keep it up :)

i am just taking 1 x 1000mg as they are one a day , i see that ceebee is taking 3 x 1000mg is that correct? should i up my dose? xxx

oooh, sounds good. im using concieve plus at the mo which other ladies have used and have been successful with. will try it a few months but if no bfp may try epo. are there any side effects??

I think 3000 is the best dose (the pack I've got says you can take up to 3000mg a day) as I was taking 1500 last month and didn't notice anything...

itisbabytime, I don't think there are any side efefcts for EPO - it's a natural oil. Might be worth trying even if you are using conceive plus as it can't hurt and might help... (just read that it's not so good is you've been diagnosed to have high oestragen though)

Hi ladies,

The fertility consultant put me on EPO 2 x 1000 everyday but he did not tell me to stop the day I ovulate?!?!? He said I was to take them everyday along with vitamin D, I'm lost now should I stop taking the EPO the day I ovulate?

I think there's come controversy about stopping EPO when you ovulate, but I think people do to play it safe . It's really up to you hon - if you're taking if for EWCM then I can vouch for the fact that you can stop it at ovulation and it still works for that :) sorry if I've confused you...

xx

They never explained why I was put on it but for a month or two I'm going stop and see what happens. Worth a try & can't do any harm!! Thanks Ceebee

Good luck Sparkles! xx
Just one question, (I lie, probably one of many lol)as I was never told to stop taking EPO when I ovulate I just need to check, I take EPO from day 1 to 14 do I start taking it again after my peek or do I start again from day one? I've also increased from 2000 to 3000.

Thanks very much ceebee for your answer- I will take 3000 mg a day now!
Good luck all! XX

Good luck Sparkles! xx
Just one question, (I lie, probably one of many lol)as I was never told to stop taking EPO when I ovulate I just need to check, I take EPO from day 1 to 14 do I start taking it again after my peek or do I start again from day one? I've also increased from 2000 to 3000.

I take EPO from day 1 of my af and I stopped when I had my peak/+ive opk... Hope this answers your question? Feel free to ask any more you have and let me know how you get on... xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back