Evening primrose and grapefruit juice results ?

Lillith

Sorry you are going through this. I know what you mean, don't want to miss a chance.
You are CD 20, how long is your cycle? x

Lillith

Sorry you are going through this. I know what you mean, don't want to miss a chance.

Aww thanks Charlotte, cd21 today and my cycle is 29 days. Thing is, I think the evening primrose oil might well shorten my cycle this month because I had ewcm on day 10 when I usually get it day 14 which is odd so will see in 8 days time or sooner x

Last edited:
Lillith

Aww thanks Charlotte, cd21 today and my cycle is 29 days. Thing is, I think the evening primrose oil might well shorten my cycle this month because I had ewcm on day 10 when I usually get it day 14 which is odd so will see in 8 days time or sooner x

Primrose oil can shorten the cycle?? I did not know that. Folic acid is opposite. It made my cycle longer. I stopped taking it.
Will you be testing soon? x

Primrose oil can shorten the cycle?? I did not know that. Folic acid is opposite. It made my cycle longer. I stopped taking it.
Will you be testing soon? x[/QUOTE]

I definitely won't be testing as my partner has been away the last month so no chance for me. Yes apparently epo can shorten cycle, there's a lady on this thread if you go back, have a read. Gosh I had no idea about folic acid, I'm taking pregnancy vitamins and its in there.x

Lillith

I take all vitamins appart from folic acid. I was surprised how it changed my cycle. Slow to start and to finish.

Folic acid does not help getting PG. But it is essential once you are PG.

If you partner is often away then alkaline diet is defo good idea. Little swimmers will be able to stay alive for days x

Yes I'll definitely give that a go, I need to go shopping though as most of my food is acidic. I still don't understand how lemons, oranges and grapefruit are classed as alkaline because they are naturally acidic ? x

Lillith

Yes it's funny about lemons and other citrus fruit. When lemon is fully metabolised it's effect is alkalizing and therefore rises pH level.

Alkalizing diet cures depression as well!!!x

Oh wow really ?, I mainly suffer anxiety, I'm having tomato and cucumber for lunch today, both alkaline �� x

Lillith

Aw that's a start! Cucumber and tomato. I'm glad you are doing this too.

I'm having strawberries, spinach and banana. I cut down coffee as well. From 6 cups a day to 3.

It's been a bit of a challenge. But I'm sticking to the plan x

Do you think I should not take epo? My cycles are 21-25 days. I took Angus cactus for a few months and went to 28 days, but doc said 24/ 25 day cycles av is still ok. I guess she was right as the mong I got preg I didn't use it.

I personally would not take EPO. It's the same as pineapple juice. It's safe to drink up until O.

Not later.

Charlotte coffee is so hard for me it's my vice.
Think as an ex smoker I like habit and that's one I've gotten into.

I have brought decaf instant and it tastes the same so I am making myself drink that and then limiting myself to 1 cup of regular at work.

I hope it makes a difference this month
xx

Tonks

I quit alcohol 4 years ago, cigarettes 3 years ago. And now I also cut down coffee intake.

It hard. From 6 cups to 3 in a matter of one week. I hope 3 cups is not too much .:) x

Have you tried switching to decaf. The first couple taste weak but then you don't notice the difference anymore.

Well done on quiting alcohol and cigs. I don't smoke but love a glass of wine, I know I could not drink for the pregnancy easily but to cut it out forever would be really hard for me.

x

J9nine

I have never had decaf coffee. Im hoping gradually reduce to 2 cups a day. Coffee is one of my bad habbits :) x

Last edited:
I personally would not take EPO. It's the same as pineapple juice. It's safe to drink up until O.

Not later.

Thanks, is that because of my short cycles or another reason Charlotte?

I just wanted to share my experience of evening primrose oil, when I first started my period age 10 I had really irregular cycles, anything from 35 days to sometimes not having a period for months. I had the most awful PMT, which was so bad and I slammed my door so much I cracked all around the door frame, I had uncontrollable rages and I'm not proud of it I can tell you. I also suffered with painful breasts before periods. Now back then Evening primrose oil was available on prescription, it was called Efamol. My Gp put me on these, I had to take 8 capsules a day, they took a good 8 weeks to start working but by god did they work, my PMT totally disappeared, breast tenderness gone, and cycles became a normal 28 days, absolutely amazing results. Would you believe they then removed them from prescriptions as they said there was not enough proof that they worked ! x

Last edited:
Lillith

Wow I did not know EPO is so good actually.

Today I took my pH test to see how alkaline/ acidic is my body.

It's 6.25. Everything above 7 is perfect. Below 6 is very acidic.

So my body is acidic. So I will eat more alkaline food now. That is so strange cause I don't eat junk that much anyway.x

Last edited:
Oh Charlotte where do you get the test strips from? It's really interesting I didn't know about alkaline and acidic foods
I will read up more

At 6.25 your almost alkaline? ?

xxxx

Clover

Yes it is interesting. I'm trying to get more alkaline so that little swimmers can survive inside me.

In acidic environment they last only a few hours.

I got pH strips from eBay. Pack of 100. £ 3.95. Easy to use.

6.25 means my body is acidic. Below 6 means VERY acidic. 7+ is alkaline.

PH test is very easy to use same PG test. I think it's worth doing it. x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back