December 2018 Testing Thread

Everyone looking forward to Christmas? I'm so prepared this year, usually I'm last minute shopping! Just got all the wrapping up to do now! Will be our first Christmas in our first home together, soooo excited as me and OH are both off work over Christmas and New Year. x

Not so much this year and I don’t know why! My parents are coming down to stay with us as my husband only has one day off so we can’t travel anywhere. It means I won’t get to spend Boxing Day with my 98 year old granddad though :(

My husband was also head hunted yesterday so all of a sudden we’ve been working on his CV and preparing him for an interview next week. It’s super exciting though as it would mean a company car and big pay increase.

What’s your new house like? :D

Meeee!! I love Christmas and spending time with family. It’s my OH’s busiest time at work though so I’m hoping I he’s not too tired to BD haha.

I’m also ready too I’ve bought all the presents and I’m planning to wrap most of them today.

Have you got any exciting plans Emma? X

We have my daughter and OH's 2 daughters' with us Christmas Eve until early afternoon Christmas Day, they are super excited for Santa to come to our new house. Then me and OH will have a lovely Christmas night with food, drink and Christmas movies. Boxing Day we will have girls back in late afternoon and my family are coming to us too for dinner. Can't wait :)

What are you doing? x

Not so much this year and I don’t know why! My parents are coming down to stay with us as my husband only has one day off so we can’t travel anywhere. It means I won’t get to spend Boxing Day with my 98 year old granddad though :(

My husband was also head hunted yesterday so all of a sudden we’ve been working on his CV and preparing him for an interview next week. It’s super exciting though as it would mean a company car and big pay increase.

What’s your new house like? :D

Oh that's a shame about your Grandadd. Will you get to see him before New Year?

Oh wow, that sounds like a great opportunity for your husband, fingers crossed for him!

I was living in a small flat with my Daughter and now we are in a very spacious 3 bedroom home, so big difference, and loving every minute of it! :) x

Oh that's a shame about your Grandadd. Will you get to see him before New Year?

Oh wow, that sounds like a great opportunity for your husband, fingers crossed for him!

I was living in a small flat with my Daughter and now we are in a very spacious 3 bedroom home, so big difference, and loving every minute of it! :) x

Sadly not as he’s in Liverpool :( We’re going to try and go up in January though.

We have my daughter and OH's 2 daughters' with us Christmas Eve until early afternoon Christmas Day, they are super excited for Santa to come to our new house. Then me and OH will have a lovely Christmas night with food, drink and Christmas movies. Boxing Day we will have girls back in late afternoon and my family are coming to us too for dinner. Can't wait :)

What are you doing? x
I’ve been busy wrapping Christmas presents today and watching Christmas films it’s been great!

We are spending the festive season with family and friends. On the day itself we flit around from family to family (mine and his) to see everyone.

40605194-291E-4F24-AB94-682BDB64CE0C.jpeg B86AAEDC-F9C0-42EC-87C3-2AF1D550061F.jpeg 7FD5C8D2-4BAB-46CD-BE58-75D7770B2002.jpeg EAE84046-80DF-4967-B4A2-5B0E94A79693.jpeg Can I just interrupt and post this? I’ve just seen it on Amazon when looking for a couple of silly stocking fillers and I thought it was hilarious!! I thought it might make a few of you smile too :rotfl:

Oh my! lol those pictures!!!

Well that test had to be a fluke because today the second line thatd make it positive is barely there and I also am spotting a little when I wipe. So I think it was a bad strip and I am not pregnant at all. So hurry up, AF come on! lol

I love Christmas! Though I do feel like it’s slightly tinged with sadness this year as I really did think we would be pregnant & I’m now facing ringing the clinic of day 1 of my next cycle (most likely to arrive on Boxing Day!) to start the ivf cycle... not what I imagined! Feel very up and down and so angry and frustrated at times! I was super excited to see positive opks this week - with a full on blazing one on weds! But we have only DTD once so I’m not optimistic. X

Mandy I hope you have a great Christmas and get that BFP soon. You never know it only takes once!

I love Christmas! Though I do feel like it’s slightly tinged with sadness this year as I really did think we would be pregnant & I’m now facing ringing the clinic of day 1 of my next cycle (most likely to arrive on Boxing Day!) to start the ivf cycle... not what I imagined! Feel very up and down and so angry and frustrated at times! I was super excited to see positive opks this week - with a full on blazing one on weds! But we have only DTD once so I’m not optimistic. X

Only takes that one time Mandy - there's a few girls on here, who only managed to bd once and fell pregnant. You just never know :dust: <3

I think AF is here now which would be a relief after all of this. It is 2 and a half weeks late now lol

Nope....not here yet and my mom thinks i need to go for a 2nd opinion elsewhere. Aughhh! lol

Well AF is here oh a relief like for real it is here! lol I just want to have a normal cycle.

Hopefully all back to normal geek. I'm still waiting on af and getting bfns just fed up of waiting now x

Im having such problems with my bbt thermometer i really have bought a pile of rubbish. I have only used it for one previous cycle (2 months inc this one)
Its always been "off" sometimes not turning on at all, its always been a case of remove battery & put back in before take temp.. 2 days ago it gave a sudden dip in temps 98.28 (always .28 at end weird huh) as i didnt expect this when it was in cycle i retested straight away to get 98.42 then again to get 98.42 again so mark it as that) today same thing! 98.28, retest straight away 98.38 thinking oh ok might have actually dropped temps retest again 98.48 -wtf- and again 98.42 please bear in mind these retests are all within seconds of taking out reading turning off and back on again.. ridiculous and inaccurate, i wish i could remember where i bought it from to complain. Useless thing :(

Aw geek maker i’m sorry but at least you have some closure and move onto next cycle.

I’m so excited got my peak today on clearblue ovulation test. That’s bang on same as last time. Cd 17 so I ovulate a little later. Loss in next 48 hrs. Time to dtd for next 3 days

Thank you ladies it would be the best present ever.

Sorry geek maker but agree with lollypop it gives you closure - so hard I know. I can’t imagine, as I remember being 4 days late and it drove me crazy.

Why is it that everyone is Pregnant- I know it feels like that when you are trying but seriously I feel like everyone who has been married the same time as us or all my social media friends are just posting pics of scans or bumps. I find it so hard to deal with. Then it makes me feel so angry and frustrated that we potentially have to go through IVF. I know we don’t always know peoples stories but it does feel like the struggle of ttc/ ivf is very much under the radar! It just makes me feel like a failure! Sorry!

Mandy I feel you hun.
I went Christmas shopping yesterday and the amount of new born babies I see and women pushing prams around made me feel a little sad. I know it hasn’t been a long time for me but when you want something so bad it does hurt. It will happen for us when the time is right I know it will xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back