*******December 2015 and January 2016 mummies and babies *******

oh dear, we've got our first jabs in a couple of weeks, sounds like they're tough!

i did pay for the app Lucy, I found it useful as i'm constantly worried about being a terrible mum so to know there may be some reasons behind the behaviours that i have no control over makes me feel better

oh dear, we've got our first jabs in a couple of weeks, sounds like they're tough!

i did pay for the app Lucy, I found it useful as i'm constantly worried about being a terrible mum so to know there may be some reasons behind the behaviours that i have no control over makes me feel better

Last night was like he was newborn all over again, he would only sleep on us & when we put him in his cot he was so upset so just took it in turns to hold him. He seems ok today but did have a bit of a dodgy belly & did a mega poo right in the middle of a sing along nursery rhyme session at the library! Twas everywhere! The joys! Have to remember it is for the best & we will probably be more upset by it then they are in the grand scheme of things.

Beanie I think it is totally natural to worry about being rubbish at this mum lark - I reckon most mums doubt themselves everyday. I know I do. I beat myself up over everything, but you know what as long as our babies are clean, fed & loved we should give ourselves a break & a bloody big pat on the back x

Beanie I think it is totally natural to worry about being rubbish at this mum lark - I reckon most mums doubt themselves everyday. I know I do. I beat myself up over everything, but you know what as long as our babies are clean, fed & loved we should give ourselves a break & a bloody big pat on the back x

Here here Lucy! I'm getting so much stick off people (especially today popping into work to see everyone) for letting my lil girl sleep on me, I do try and put her in her Moses basket but she just wakes up again?!? I even cried earlier as my mum kept making digs and the husband keeps giving me the stink eye! I'm not sorry though, she's MY baby, she will only be this little once and she's still only 2+1/2 weeks old!

Not looking forward to these jabs now :-( hope your little ones are back to themselves soon xx

Here here Lucy! I'm getting so much stick off people (especially today popping into work to see everyone) for letting my lil girl sleep on me, I do try and put her in her Moses basket but she just wakes up again?!? I even cried earlier as my mum kept making digs and the husband keeps giving me the stink eye! I'm not sorry though, she's MY baby, she will only be this little once and she's still only 2+1/2 weeks old!

Not looking forward to these jabs now :-( hope your little ones are back to themselves soon xx

Just remember that you can't spoil a baby that young. My little boy is 8 weeks now but for the first few weeks of his life we held him constantly. If I wasn't holding him my husband was. We took it in shifts to hold him throughout the night. At 2.5 weeks they still don't even realise that they are not part of you so need to be held for comfort. He still sleeps on us now but will normally also go in his crib at night. It's hard enough as it is without those who should be supporting you having digs. As you say she is your baby, you are her mummy & you will only do what's best for her so sod 'em! X

Hi girls
Hope everyone is ok.
Has anybody gone to the next size teat on their bottles yet ?
X

Hi girls
Hope everyone is ok.
X

We've gone with the variflow teats as Jack was falling asleep on the stage 1 teats from about 3 weeks!!!

Little Jack has had his jags today and I cannot believe the noises that he was coming out with - absolutely broke my wee heart. Currently he is a super snoozy boy and getting cuddles on me. I just want to snuggle him in so close and make everything better

oh my I am absolutely dreading these jags still got a little while to go but so scared!

Hi girls
Hope everyone is ok.
X

We've gone with the variflow teats as Jack was falling asleep on the stage 1 teats from about 3 weeks!!!

Little Jack has had his jags today and I cannot believe the noises that he was coming out with - absolutely broke my wee heart. Currently he is a super snoozy boy and getting cuddles on me. I just want to snuggle him in so close and make everything better

Poor little pickle, it's horrible isn't it but for his benefit. I had to take my husband with me as I couldn't bear it! I hope your Jack feels better x

His leg is swollen up so bad at the moment and he is screaming inconsolable - I might phone nhs24 and get some advice. I'm not happy how swollen his leg actually is

Did you call 111? They said it might cause swelling at the site. Jack had a small raised area & it looked a bit bruised but nothing drastic. He has been a bit off in himself but apart from the initial scream when they gave him the jabs he hasn't cried more than usual. Hope all is ok with your little man xx

hi everyone, just catching up after a week or so offline.

I must say I feel for everyone who is struggling with night times although its a little comforting seeing others are having similar issues!! night times here are a nightmare, occasionally have a good night and think we might have cracked it and then it goes back to be being worse than ever!! He just cant seem to settle in his moses basket for more than an hour. Recently as I'm sooo tired I pick him up and end up falling asleep with him asleep on my chest - I'm now setting alarms on my fitbit (so its silent) when he wakes up to make sure I don't fall asleep with him!!

Elliott 8 weeks old and we have absolutely no routine :( with my Daughter we managed to get into something quickly - feels like a totally different game with my little man. Sometimes he will got 4 - 5 hours between feeds (try to give him it early and he just wont take it) and then other times he's screaming for food an hour after he has downed 5oz. He was struggling with reflux and appeared to be in pain when 2 hrs after a feed he was screaming and throwing up - doc has given him infant gaviscon which seems to be helping - at least with the sickness/pain.

we have jabs on the 25th (although he'll be 10 weeks), my DD never really noticed her jabs hoping Elliott will be the same. Hope others are recovering OK from theirs.

Love to all - remember your all doing an amazing job - this time is hard!!!! x x

Hi Melissa I recommend a sleepy head it seems to work for my little one in settling back into the crib after night feeds. Bit pricey but worth a look.

Xxx

hope your little one is ok Monkey
fingers crossed your nights get better Melissa and LO starts to feel better with the gaviscon

Yeah I ended up phoning 111. Got seen by gmed and they just advised to keep an eye on it. Typically by the time we were seen the swelling had reduced pretty significantly. He's much better today but I have noticed he is being much more sick after feeds than normal. Only 4 weeks or so until the next lot!!!!

Hope everyone else is doing great.

The jags caused problems for my two aswell, they got them early Monday morning, they were fine just slept alot then after dinner time their temperature was all over the place. I couldn't get it down with calpol. They both ended up admitted to hospital overnight. The doctor told me they have had a lot of babies admitted recently due to the meningitis jag and calpol not bringing temps down. My two are still out of sorts today and wanting lifted to settle.

Oh no Lols82 are they ok now? I am dreading the jabs, lg has hers on 2nd March.
Can I ask did all you mums go alone to the appointment or take someone with you? xx

Oh no Lols82 are they ok now? I am dreading the jabs, lg has hers on 2nd March.
Can I ask did all you mums go alone to the appointment or take someone with you? xx

They're still quite girny today, temps starting creeping up again last night but I gave half a dose of calpol.

My partner came with me I've not yet been out with them both myself x

Last edited:
Oh my that sounds awful. Will defo be keeping a close eye on little one after his jabs next week. Anyone's been late? Elliott not been given an apt will he's 10wks.

Hope your little ones recover soon Lols

I'll be going alone, I did with DD and was ok. She did really well hoping my little man will make it as easy for me! X X

Hi girls! Got a lot of pages to catch up on since my last visit to the forum - been trying to get on the past few days but the website just wouldn't load for me?

Things have settled a little bit here. We are combination feeding 50/50 as my milk supply just wasn't coming in properly due to my anxiety and bad latching. Have a Tommee Tippee Prep Machine coming next week and already counting down the days, the night feeds for bottles with boiling the kettle and waiting 30 minutes for it to cool is horrendous!

Was finally discharged from midwife today at 22 days. They kept me on longer than usual as I was struggling a lot and was worried about PND.

LO is doing well, although finding she just doesn't sleep at all during the day between 11am ish - pretty much 1am ish, she'll get at most 2-3 hours in that time. Night time she sleeps well when she's asleep, but getting her asleep is an issue! I think we have an insomniac on our hands...

Hope everyone else is doing OK xo

I paid for the app too and find it very helpful. If you want to look into it further, I recommend looking at Psychology/child development.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back