*******December 2015 and January 2016 mummies and babies *******

Hi girls,
Hope everyone is good, Daisy was born on 31 Dec, I was a Jan mammy but she decided to arrive early. She was a dinky 6lb 10oz, she is 5 weeks old today and weighs 9lb 8oz as of Monday. I did breastfeed the first few days but we changed onto formula, little angel was a pro on the boob but it was just too painful for me and also having issues with our toddler who didn't take to it very well. Olly is now loving his little sister, it's hard work but I'm taking it all in my stride. I have a very good support system around me and I have yet to have a breakdown and cry lol !! It's hard workout on my own with both of them so we are doing a lot of playgroups and soft play and friends houses at the moment.
She was very unsettled With wind the first week or so but we introduced infocol and tummy massage, we have started a routine with her for bedtime and the last 3 nights she has take. To it really well. We are getting a good amount of sleep as she only wakes once through the night for a bottle. We are very lucky.
Xx

Lol my free boob leaks like anything when I'm feeding her

But hello do you have to do that every time she feeds? Because my lo will feed on one side then when she falls off/asleep will usually after happy change/wind want to feed again and then I sometimes put her on other side because it's engirged
My worry is if I express one side won't my body think it needs more milk and make more ?
Or are you only expressing a little off? So does that side style feel a bit full before next feed?
By the time she comes to feed both sides are like bursting to the extent that even if I just try to put nipple cream on I start leaking lol
In the shower the other day literally just had put hot shower water on myself and without even touching it my left boob was shooting out milk like a jet stream lol I just noticed a line of milk landing on bath tap!!

One the site for oversupply they recommend block feeding- eg just feed on one side for one feed then other side next time but my other side just becomes too painful so I end up trying to get her to feed on it anyway just to relieve it

Hi girls,
Hope everyone is good, Daisy was born on 31 Dec, I was a Jan mammy but she decided to arrive early. She was a dinky 6lb 10oz, she is 5 weeks old today and weighs 9lb 8oz as of Monday. I did breastfeed the first few days but we changed onto formula, little angel was a pro on the boob but it was just too painful for me and also having issues with our toddler who didn't take to it very well. Olly is now loving his little sister, it's hard work but I'm taking it all in my stride. I have a very good support system around me and I have yet to have a breakdown and cry lol !! It's hard workout on my own with both of them so we are doing a lot of playgroups and soft play and friends houses at the moment.
She was very unsettled With wind the first week or so but we introduced infocol and tummy massage, we have started a routine with her for bedtime and the last 3 nights she has take. To it really well. We are getting a good amount of sleep as she only wakes once through the night for a bottle. We are very lucky.
Xx

Sounds brilliant! I think I've had a good night sleep when I get 2 hours straight. If it's not baby it's in laws- they come knocking on bedroom door every half hour to see if she's awake and that precious 2 hours of catchup sleep gets disturbed- so annoying- Tried talking to them but they don't get it just because they've been awake a few hours they can't understand why we aren't

l initially thought too my boob would end up being too full with milk ! but I expressed a little and that helped my lb latch on better because I felt like my nipple went sort of flat but with a little bit of expressing it made it easier for lb to latch! I get what u mean though about milk just bursting out lol! Unfortunately it's one of those things literually just keep trying to make ur little girl feed from the engorged boob as much as possible!

I hated that phase ouch

We had a health visitor in today, Jack is weighing 11 pounds 1 ounce and 61cm long at 7 weeks! She thinks that he is showing signs of teething already - he's constantly trying to get his hands in his mouth and isnt really taking his dummy anymore, become very velcro like and constantly griping and girning in his moses basket when he is laid down. Hopefully some bonjela helps him and we can get back to some form of routine!

Morning, has anyone had the first set of jabs yet? Jack has his on Tuesday - I'm not looking forward to it ��

Morning, has anyone had the first set of jabs yet? Jack has his on Tuesday - I'm not looking forward to it ��

My two have theirs on the 15th and I'm definitely not looking forward to it either

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Please tell me it's normal for baby not to settle at night...

I knew obviously the early weeks would be hard, and I know breastfeeding is hard. But I thought she'd sleep in between feeds at night. Instead she just cries and cries! A week in and I'm absolutely exhausted, as is OH. Dreading him going back to work next week and having to do the 'night shift' alone.

Any tips/advice for getting baby to sleep better at night?

We had a night like this last night after 2 really good nights previous. One of my boys just fought sleep the full night while the other slept soundly. Horrendous, I just keep telling myself it will get better :)

Guys what's everyone's nightly routine? Normally from the last nightly feed I tend to get my bsbies wrapped in their shawls and settled. I sit them both in their twin pillow for at least half an hour after a feed due to being sicky. One of my boys settles really well, gets up through the night for a feed and back down relatively easy. My other is tempromental, last night was terrible we were literally awake all night with him after two nights prior which were really good. I was getting about 6 hours sleep in total those nights which was fantastic, last night it was a lot less. He just see,s to fight and fight sleep sometimes or cries for his dummy when it falls out his mouth.

we haven't got much of one, its usually just nappy change, feed, hold her for 1/2 hour to let the food go down (she feeds to sleep so this is all asleep) then take her to bed. hot bot in the bed & booby pads in the bed so it smells like me. it's been keeping her settled for anywhere between 3-5 hours before her regular 2 hourly wake ups. not sure how tonight's going to go though as she's just chucked up a massive amount and wanting more food but getting fussy when she gets it :wall2:

emma is so fussy today! since about 5am shes been feeding for 10 mins then sleeping on me for 1/2 hour til i put her down then waking up and feeding for 10 mins again - cue an ongoing cycle, i cant do anything! is this a growth spurt? or just being clingy? halfway to buying a sling incase this keeps happening!

Beanie download the wonder weeks app, could be a growth spurt. x

thanks! just downloaded it, starting a new leap according to the app

My two have theirs on the 15th and I'm definitely not looking forward to it either

We had our first jabs this evening. Jack screamed when they went in (a needle in each leg at the same time!) & then lost his breath momentarily. It was horrible but he seems ok at the minute. He has had calpol & we have to check his temp in 4-6 hours. We can give him more calpol if he has a temp. Fingers crossed we have a peaceful night x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back