Brody and his poorly face... New update pg 6

Just seen this you must have been so worried, but glad the op went well and he is now on the mend :hug:

He is looking good hun, hope its not too sore for him and heals fast, get some sleep yourself too now! :hug: :hug: :hug:

bless him, hes so yummy!! hope hes healin well, bet he must have been starvin after the op!!

So glad he is ok. He is a little soldier xxxxx

grrr now I'm peed off :evil:

When the Children's Hospital discharged him today they said they would ring us "in a couple of hours" when his prescription was ready. They said one of us could either wait for it or we could all go home and come back for it later.
We decided to come home, OH would go to work, then go and pick it up afterwards.
They never rang to say it was ready, but it didn't matter cos I knew it would be. I rang at about 4pm to ask about keeping his wound clean and I checked then that it was ready, and it was.
OH was working near home so he called me at 5pm to say he was leaving now to go and get it. At 5.55pm they called to ask when we were getting it, I told them OH was on his way.
They said the day unit (where Brody had been) was closing at 6 but they would give it to ward 2, which is opposite. All good.
It took OH an hour and a half to get there, and when he got there they couldn't find it. Ward 2 said they hadn't been given it, and when they went into the day unit too look for it it wasn't there either!

I was fuming, calpol and ibuprofen I don't care about but he had already got a bit of a temp and I wanted him to start his antibiotics tonight. Last time he had a small cut on his mouth the next day he woke up with it all infected and the wound all opened up again because of it. I so didn't want to leave it.

By now it was already about 7pm so I called the out of hours doc, who fortunatly faxed another prescription the late pharmacy in Boots up the road, so I collected it and he's had his first dose.

What a bloody faff though, its a shame cos the hospital and the staff today were all fab, I was really impressed, now someone has messed up and pissed me right off, I'd just about had enough today, then this :wall:

:( what a pain in the arse!

Thank god the out of hours doctor could fax a precription :hug:
Go make yourself a nice cuppa and try and chill :hug:

Oh and happy 7 months Riley :cheer:

Aww such a brave little boy! :hug: :hug: :hug:
Im sorry the hospital have messed you about!? Its ridiculous! Why is it so hard for them to put the prescription where they say they are going too?! :wall: :wall: :wall:
Yay for out of hours docs!

what a faffing about!! I hate when they dont seem to talk to each other!!

monster_munch said:
Go make yourself a nice cuppa and try and chill :hug:

sod the cuppa I'm having a glass of wine. :lol: I'm well and truly done in, hardly slept in days anyway cos of riley (whoo I never noticed 7 months LOL) now this.

Hoping for a more peaceful day tomorrow :pray:

I have just read this poor little man, glad it went well though and hes on the road to recovery now. I did the same thing when i was younger although not quite that bad. Like MM said it will be a story for him when hes older though.

Go and enjoy your glass of wine sounds like you deserve it. :D

Well a *bit of a better day so far today.
He woke up in a lot of pain :( I gave him his antbiotics and painkillers right away and then wondered about the school run as Brody just was miserable and didn't want to get changed or anything. Fortunatly one of the mums from school helped me out by meeting me near the school so Brody didn;t have to get out of the car. She's also collecting Mason so I don't have to take him out later.

he's chirpier now, has eaten plenty, although I have to help him LOL. I'm giving him little and often so he doesn't get too hungry and struggle to eat it in a hurry. He's having weetabix, soup, bread, fruit, milkshake with a straw etc so he can't be feeling too rough, he's eaten more than me today :lol:

He's now having a sleep so I'm catching up on housework.... my house is a tip, I've been too busy taking care of him and Riley to do anything else. I hope he's well enough to go to a fireworks display at the school tomorrow night, he was really looking forward to it. :pray:

awh love him... poor boy.. bet he gave mason a massive fright to.. whenever eddie hurts himself it really upsets charlotte.. so i cant imagine what mason felt like.. anyways.. hope brody recovers well.. he looks like a really brave boy

Ahh bless him poor little mite.

I hope he's better for the fireworks!

My dd put her teeth through her lip when she was younger and the scar is hardly visable now. She likes to gross her friends out by telling them about how she bit a huge chunk out of her tongue at the same time and spat it into my hand.... :puke: ........She also tells them it was my fault cos I was playing tickles and chasing her up the stairs at the time - I felt so guilty :oops:

Glad he's doing a little better and that he's eating well.

Omg I am so sorry to hear about poor little Brody, I hope he is all better ever so soon, what a thing to happen, hope Mason's feeling better about it all too :hug: Sending very best wishes, he looks like a little angel in that first pic, its great to hear he's looking better than you expected, its so awful, take care :hug: :hug: :hug:

i have just read this and urchin im so sorry, god what a awful thing to happen, glad to hear Brody is feeling better, and i hope he goes to fireworks and enjoys himself....bless him :hug: :hug: :hug:

awww bless him, poor little thing, Glad hes better now :hug: :hug: :hug:

Iv only just seen this...how slow am I!

Poor little fella... how upsetting... hope he's feeling better! :hug:

You may have noticed I've not been on much in the last few days, been rather busy for obvious reasons.
I thought I'd come back and update.

He's doing great, I can't believe how well it is healing, I'm so pleased about it. He's still a bit grumpy at times, but wants to jump off furniture and wrestle all around the floor with Mason. He's also got rather spoiled, always getting his own way and always watching what he wants on TV etc with so it's been a testing time mentally for me now he's getting better and we have to start saying no again! The bit of gauze came off and the stitches have started to dissolve. Its really har to keep it clean though, he hates me wiping his face.

Here's some pics, I can't believe it was only 4 days ago!

brodyface013.jpg

brodyface014.jpg

This one you can see more, but only really cos he's looking up

brodyface015.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member