my little man may have broken his nose :(

masonowen

Reaction score
Can,t belive it, not even a day in to the holidays ( he did it yesterday) and I,ve been to a and e. He was climbing down some ladders at lyme park in stockport, and he slipped and somehow landed face first and hit the wooden platform underneath full force in the face. He nose was really flat at the bottom and had to bit,s of what looked like bone, sticking out either side (under the skin). They said there,s a good chance it,s broken, but they can,t x,ray it till the swellings gone down :( poor little man looks awful, his eyes, nose and lip are very swollen, and he,s starting to get black eyes, but he,s not lost is spirit, he,s been jumping around as normal all day.

The first aider at the park was hopeless, she just strolled down the hill like she was out for a walk then said there,s nothing she could do for a broken nose, which is fair enough, but she could have said that over the radio and saved us 5 mins of waiting.

Aww bless him and how scary for you both! I hope he's ok hun!! We live 2 mins from Lyme park!! Xxx

Thank you, I was only in a and e about a month ago coz he trapped his little bro,s finger in the door, which resulted in a minor op,
. Think I,m gonna lock them in a cage for the rest of the hols lol

Ah god that's boys for you! They should be supplied with padding!! I think they purposely do it to make us mummy's worry! Charlie is the same! I will have a nervous breakdown before he reaches the age of 10!! Xxx

Haha tell me about it, he was begging to go on his bike this morning, I told him not to but he got it anyway when I wasn't looking and he had a little fall. Then I let him go to my mums on his scooter, coz he couldn't fall off that right??? But he did, twice!! Then he fell backwards off my mum,s chair banging the back of hi s head a little. Seems like he,s determined to get back to hosp lol I think the neurofen is making giddy and a bit careless.

Ha ha! It's never ending isn't it!! It's good that they are fearless however I'm not sure how much I can cope with!! Ha ha xxx

I bet! It's enough to send anyone into labour!! I hope he's ok hun xxx

Aaawwww bless him! I broke my nose at about the same age cos I was on a swing, dropped my easter egg and followed it onto the tarmac face first. I never had any problems with it though, I think the earlier these things happen the better kids heal cos they bounce better than us adults. I bet his poor little face looks heartbreaking!

Hope he's ok hun and your bp has calmed down :hug: xxxxxxxxxx

Oh poor little man, with the two black eyes it does sound as if it's broken. I broke my nose in my teens and it was more over to one side so they did a op on it to put it straight. I hope he recovers soon Hun xxx

Jeeeezzzz I'm surprised u didn't go into labour! I hate blood, my little one got hurt playing rugby yesterday and i felt physically sick. I'm rubbish when it comes to any kind of injury. Hope he gets better soon xxx

Thank you girls, I did start having some painful contractions that started worrying me, but thankfully they settled down. The swellings gone down a lot today,but the bruising is really starting. I would be extremely surprised if he,s not broke or fractured it. Tho if he has he,s being very good about it, the only time it bothers him is if it,s touched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back