***August Mummies Final Hurdle! ***

I blew up the good old birthing ball yesterday and I sat on it for hours last night whilst I crocheted haha! It's amazing.

Aww roxy I hope you don't feel to awful, it's hard isn't it especially with your little non sleeper :( try get some rest during today xx

Yes faybs it's quite hard in the last trimester because your body literally feels so stretched and uncomfortable... I feel like that too and I'm 29 weeks today.. . I'm just counting down these last few weeks lol it's gone so quickly already so I'm hoping the last few weeks go fast xx

I really want to learn to crochet, is it hard lexi? Are the beginner books any good to follow to learn? I've seen some lovely blankets etc made and would love to be able to make some.

Thankfully the inlaws offered to have harper overnight tonight and for a bit tomorrow so I can get some undisturbed sleep. I need it as I feel exhausted today, was almost falling asleep at play group this morning!

How is everyone? Xx

Nicki yes I love my grooming!! Where do you live? I could find out for you if there's anywhere that offer the training.

Summergurl- I loved sitting on the ball, it's good for balance, and it also allows gravity to work in your favour so you can sit on it to help get baby head down, and also to help baby engage as well, I used it a lot in labour so I want one at home this time so I can just sit and bounce on it of an evening. AlsI if I go into labour at home I will use it, it just really helped with the contractions I found.

Roxy that does sound like SPD maybe book an extra appointment to see if there's any physio available or if you can afford to go see an osteopath I recommend that, ive been seeing one throughout my pregnancy and it's amazing, I feel fine and I had a terribly bad back! Xx

I'm in Portsmouth, Hampshire!
How are we all today? I'd like a birthing ball but I bet I'd fall off it, I'm so uncoordinated at the moment.

How's everyone been? I've just got back from a few days away, and catching up! Baby girl decided to worry me on Wednesday as I started having BH, or that's what I'm thinking they were.

Lexi I'm 29 weeks today, due 5th August, so you can add me to the front page.

Since I was away I've got my 28 week appointment next week, when I'll be 29+6, since the midwife is only there on Thursday mornings, and I get to be jabbed with anti d. I'll also ask about whooping cough too

I'm 26 weeks today! Can I say I'm in tri 3 now???

Come on over Kholl!!

Okay Nicki I will try and see if I can find any grooming training centres round your way - youre only an hour and a bit away from me!

Roxy I literally taught myself how to crochet from YouTube when I found out I was pregnant this time around! I am half way through making my first ever baby blanket and it is so easy and so relaxing! All I did was YouTube easy baby blankets crochet and it came up with tonnes. So you'll be well away! I love it so much lol.

Thanks flinty I will add you now! I forgot we are due date buddies :D lolxxx

Thanks lexi, ill have a look at you tube. Some of the blankets family have made are lovely and id love to be able to make some. Random question but what sort of wool/yarn do you use or does it matter?! I have no clue lol. Xx

Thanks lexi, ill have a look at you tube. Some of the blankets family have made are lovely and id love to be able to make some. Random question but what sort of wool/yarn do you use or does it matter?! I have no clue lol. Xx

Now that is something I know little about, the one I have says 50g on it and it is also washable at 40 degrees, so I bought it. It actually tells you on the packet what size crochet hook you need too, as there are tonnes! I use a 4mm hook at the moment. It did take me a few days to actually get the hang of it and I very nearly jacked it all in after the first night haha, but now I have created half a masterpiece! If this site lets me upload I will show you a pic. I can't often upload for some reason xx

Thanks lexi. Sounds easy enough especially as it tells you what size hooks to use. Did you find easy patterns online or through youtube? I'm gonna buy the stuff next week and give it a go, been meaning to try for a while but keep forgetting!

I have been so hungry today and munched on anything and everything, now I feel full and uncomfortable! X

Oh roxy I've been like that the last few days also. Just wanting to eat!

How have we all been? Good weekend? X

Ahh yeah defo give it a go Roxy it is fun! Lol, I can't upload the pictures but I will try get my brother to look at my laptop next week to see if there's a problem with it.

But yes I just youtubed "easy baby blanket" and it comes up with tonnes of them! It is so relaxing.

Summergurl and Roxy I am soooooo hungry today too! I literally could eat the whole chicken that has just come out the oven :rofl:

I have had a busy weekend, worked all day yesterday, and today has just been filled with doing bits and pieces really but mannnn I am so TIRED!! I haven't done anything particularly strenuous today but I could sleep through to the morning right now!

how has your weekend been? xx

I've had a quiet weekend, harper was at the inlaws yesterday so I slept and caught up with house work, then the sickness returned last night and couldn't keep anything down again :( I've felt rubbish all day so haven't done much today either. Think I'm gonna call the midwife next week as these sickness tablets aren't working and I cant carry on like this for another 11 weeks, I feel constantly ill and drained xx

Aw roxy that doesn't sound nice at all. Is it morning sickness back or do u have a big?
I'm currently sat on a big gym ball. It's so comfortable!! I'm scared I may bring on labour though as I've been associating them with giving birth :lol:,

I think it must be some sort of morning sickness as I've had it at least twice a week since about 26 weeks. I never had any morning sickness in the beginning or at all whilst pregnant with harper. I didn't expect to get sickness so late on tbh.

I have heard gym balls are really comfy but never tried one before. I think people do use them in labour to keep mobile but from the sounds of it a lot of people use them in tri 3 just for the comfort xx

Sounds terrible, Roxy ! Hopefully they can get you other medication so you feel better soon! I had a sleepy day too today. It feels like I can handle work only by recuperating all weekend at the moment. Well, only 6 weeks to go til summer holidays. :)
I had the vaccine last week.
For those worrying about labour: it really isn't too bad. It hurts, but it's only a few hours (compared to 9 months pregnancy and the rest of your life as a parent), they can help you ease the pain if you want and personally I 've forgotten most of it the next day already. :)

Blooming sickness... It's annoying how it either hangs around or just decides to reappear - I'm waiting for mine to reappear to be honest it did in my last pregnancy!!

Yeah I used a birthing ball for a lot of my last labour and it really helped with pain ... I was absolutely loving it bouncing around with some gas and air!

Weirdly, I'm really looking forward to going into labour, partly because the birthing unit at our hospital is beautiful and I just can't wait for that moment of being handed my baby and the overwhelming joy of becoming a parent all over again... Not to mention Adam hasn't experienced any of that before so sharing that with him is going to be pretty magical if he doesn't pass out!

I have thought more and more about a water birth and I think I might like to try it but I don't think I will get to actually deliver in water... My midwife has advised me against it because of how fast my last delivery was and it tore me everywhere so she said it is better if I deliver on dry land so a midwife can help me as much as possible but I fancy labouring in water definitely!

Has anyone else been thinking about how they would like to deliver? Xx

I am also getting excited about birth as I look more and more into ecstatic birth and watch videos.

The nausea is back for me!!! Not all the time but after eating it happens, at least once a day. Taking lots of ginger capsules!

With me it comes and goes: 1 or 2 sick days, nothing for a week, then sick again. Ginger is my best friend too :)

I'm sat in work, feeling like I want to scream at everyone to shut up and leave me alone, I'm going to be dragged into another disciplinary for being off last week (when I ended up in hospital as baby wasn't moving) - all I want to do is crawl into bed and cry!

Aw Nicki that's crap!!! Sending virtual hugs!!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back