Any February mummies-to-be here? :D

Hello ladies, I am 5 weeks, due Feb 20th! First pregnancy at the age of 40! This a pregnancy I never thought would happen .... :) I seem to have a smattering of symptoms, tummy aches, nausea, SOOOO tired. I am self employed and work mainly from home, so am able to takes naps during the day thank goodness...not sure how I'd cope if I had to go out to work every day! ;) Glad to meet you all. X

Not sure exact date yet (still 3 weeks before they could fit me in for 1st midwifed appt too) but looking to be around the 14th feb, have a little boy who turns 2 next month too...

So many feb mummies, major baby boom :) I havent got date for booking in appointment yet, hope I get it soon x

Finally heard back, seeing the midwife on the 11th of July
Welcome and congrats to all the new ladies, Feb is going to be an exciting month xx

So pleased there are so many feb babies! Really enjoying this thread it's so nice to have people in the same situation to talk to.

Welcome to all the new mums to be :smile:

Ok opinion please ladies. My doctor here in Perth advised me to get a flu shot as it's winter. I said I probably wouldn't bother as we leave for the UK in a few weeks and it's 'Summer' over there but since Friday night I've been really ill with a sore throat that turned into a nasty cold and the worst cough I've ever had in my life. I think I'm finally starting to get over it now but it's really brought home to me how low my immunity must be and how hard illnesses hit you when you're pregnant (not helped by the fact that a. you can't take anything for it and b. it's all on top of pregnancy symptoms!). Anyway I'm now a bit worried about picking something up on the flight as I know planes are terrible for spreading germs. So should I go get flu shot just to be on the safe side??

Ok opinion please ladies. My doctor here in Perth advised me to get a flu shot as it's winter. I said I probably wouldn't bother as we leave for the UK in a few weeks and it's 'Summer' over there but since Friday night I've been really ill with a sore throat that turned into a nasty cold and the worst cough I've ever had in my life. I think I'm finally starting to get over it now but it's really brought home to me how low my immunity must be and how hard illnesses hit you when you're pregnant (not helped by the fact that a. you can't take anything for it and b. it's all on top of pregnancy symptoms!). Anyway I'm now a bit worried about picking something up on the flight as I know planes are terrible for spreading germs. So should I go get flu shot just to be on the safe side??

It might be worth it if its safe to take while pregnant. How long ago did you leave the UK? I'm originally from NZ, but lived all over the world, and been in the UK for 12 years now. When I first moved here, I was sick for the first 3 months. Dr said it was my body getting used to the new bugs it was coming in contact with. And also yes with the plane. I always end up sick after a long flight. They recycle the air.

We only left the UK in Sep 2011 so we've been in Perth almost 2 years.

I know exactly have you feel. I had a sore throat yesterday went to work as normal but today I feel like death- gave up going to work.

You'll be offered a flu jab in the uk during winter- my understanding is its offered to all vulnerable people including those who are pregnant. Not sure if its the same strain of jab so that might be worthwhile looking into but personally I'd be tempted to get it.

Hi,
This is my first post...
I'm expecting on Feb 4th and thought (until yesterday) that I was one of the lucky ones who didn't have any symptoms... Believe it or not I was jealous of friends who did because I wanted to feel pregnant. What an idiot I was! Yesterday a wave of nausea rushed over me and hasn't left. It's constant and accompanied by the most extreme fatigue I have ever felt!
I'm sat at my desk with a list of jobs that urgently need doing and all I can do is stare at my screen and google baby stuff! HELP!

Aww bless hun, your not on your own I'm not really getting nausea yet but my tummy is really playing up now!

Was in same boat as you, didn't have any symptoms and was wishing for them! How wrong can you be!

Welcome to the forum and feb mums!

Congrats on your bfp

Last edited:
Welcome RosiePose and congrats!

I was feeling a bit nauseous before but nothing serious. however the last two days I've felt constantly so sick that I've barely been able to eat anything or get out of bed. Threw up for the first time today and now adoption is looking like a fabulous option!! The OH is taking me to the doc tomorrow to hopefully get something for the sickness because obviously I need to be able to eat and function semi-normally!

Well docs given me lactulose so hopefully that'll get things moving! Literally!!!

Wow so many feb babies I am due on the 11th. Can't wait!

Ugh, and so starts the nausea today >.< lol

XxX

Ugh, and so starts the nausea today >.< lol

XxX

Oh no!! Hope it's not too bad.

I'm pleased to report the lactulose I got given to help with constipation has worked like a dream and the bonus is you can put it in tea,coffee,yoghurt etc.. So after investing in decaf tea it's going in there 2 times a day.

Hope your sickness subsides.

Thanks hun. Glad you're feeling better too! Constipation is no fun!

XxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back