Any February mummies-to-be here? :D

Yes congrats Sara, hope things go well for you with the move. Are you moving to be closer to family?

Just got my dating scan date through. 29th July! Can't wait so excited :dance:

Thanks everyone :)

Pumpkin9 being closer to family is a bonus but we're moving mainly due to work / visa issues here in Oz. We actually decided to move back to the UK before we found out we were expecting.

You girls are going to have to let me know how it all works in England. I'll be about 10 weeks pregnant when we get back.

Best thing to do is call your local gp surgery ASAP when you come over to find out how you start with the midwifery service etc.. It seems different areas do it slightly differently. Where I am it's totally controlled by a community midwife team, my gp doesn't seem to get involved at all until after the babies born.

Welcome Sara, I'm in Cambridgeshire so not far from where you'll be at all :) I'm due 17th feb :) wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months! Xx

Hi all

Well I have just registered and plan to frequent these boards very often :) based on LMP our EDD is 19th Feb!

Would love to join all the feb mums to be x

Welcome Shell99!! Congrats on your bfp! You're due a day before me :D x

Hi mrs_b_x and welcome shell99! Hope to get to know you all better over the coming 8 months!

Haha, BFP is big fat positive... Referring to positive pregnancy test :p

XxX

It's great to see so many ladies joining as feb mums to be :)

Hi Sara! We live in Norfolk so could be very close to you! I'm only 5 weeks at the mo and this is my first so have no idea about midwives etc yet, but I'll keep you updated. Message me if you like! Congrats btw!

Sophie xx

I got my ticker :) showing my little sesame seed yay!!!

Ooh very exciting. Will be interesting to see what your doc says/ does. I went on Wednesday and expected they'd do some form of test but nothing! She basically said to me it's over to the community midwives now, the front desk will sort out a midwife appointment etc.. For you and give you all the info you need and I'll see you when babies due for their first check up!!

So went for my docs appointment on friday... and i was really disappointed because they didn't do a test either! i've been desperately trying to convince myself not to do another test just to make sure i'm still pregnant and thought they'd at least do one to give me peace of mind!

my doc said the same as yours, its over to the community midwives... luckily i've got my booking appointment on wednesday so not long to wait! xx

I am getting quite annoyed with my doctors, I was told by my GP that everything is handled by the midwife now, so to call and book an appointment with her, tried to book this morning to be told by reception that they don't take bookings for her and I have to call the midwife directly, they were quite rude about it too, reacted to my question as though I should know what I was supposed to do??

Anyway called and left a message for the midwife on Friday and tried her again today, again leaving her a message. Don't have a good feeling about this lady if she can't even return my calls :-(

This is my first pregnancy and probably emotions/hormones but I thought booking to have your first midwife appointment was supposed to be an exciting time? Mine is proving not to be

It's really difficult- I've been worrying about it all week although I've now got my head around it all an accepted I'm just lucky I have no symptoms yet and to stop worrying about it!

Always, seems abit of a nightmare, don't know if I was just lucky and got through to a midwife first time but I managed to make my appointment by phoning straight away. I did call about 10am.

Only issue I now seem to be getting is cramps which seem to come from constipation all day followed by diarrhoea! (Eurgh).
Also had a really sharp pain in my stomach like someone poking me, but it went as quick as it came.

Joby- so glad your appointment is this week! I can't wait for mine a week on Thursday!

Mines 19th July! Seems like forever away! But ill be 8 or 9 weeks so all normal. I had to say my gp was very good. We booked an appt to see her she done a test (urine) n confirmed n gave me due date based on LMP and some info on diet etc, n specifically said any concerns and pains bleeding etc to call n they'd see me straight away then she printed off paperwork for me to take to reception where they booked me in to see midwife!

We were offered an earlier appt if 12th July but its my daughters birthday so had to wait an extra week :) oooo isn't it exciting :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back