To have a private scan or not??

dani7919

Reaction score
I'm in two minds about getting a private scan.

I just want to know when I'm due as I can't remember when my last period was. I think it was sometime around early to mid-November. I have just got my scan date through for the 17th February and I can't go due to work commitments.

I phoned up to get a new scan date and they said there was nothing available before that date (although I know she didn't check), and the next date is 24th February where I could be around 15 or even 16 weeks.

Has anyone else had their dating scan this late? I can get a private scan on Sunday but it's £99 and I could do without spending that amount of money.

We've had to cancel my wedding in August as the pregnancy was a bit unexpected so as we won't get a honeymoon we really wanted to go to New York for a couple of days but don't want to book anything as I don't know how far along I am and therefore the dates I can fly to.

Do you think if I speak to my midwife team they'll be able to rearrange my scan date so it falls slightly earlier?

If it was me I'd keep my £99 and possibly have a 4d scan at a later date.

You have a scan anyway in a month time, and if you think that your period was early or mid november there will only be about two weeks in it.

And as for going on holiday you should be ok flying until you get into your third trimester.

I was the same, scan scheduled for when I would of been 14 weeks, I went in to the ultrasound dept and asked if I could go on the cancelations list, they took my details and rang a few days later with appointment 2 weeks earlier so was exactly 12 weeks when I had it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back