All our OH's annoying habits!

Bexybun

Reaction score
Hello all! What with all the hormones raging through me atm, I'm feeling particularly fed up with the annoying little things OH does at the moment- you know, the things that are not nearly bad enough to be properly angry at him for, but enough to really really irritate me, lol :strangle:
So I thought instead of decking him for no good reason, I would come on here to have a moan, and give others a chance to vent about their OHs annoying little habits at the same time :lol: So darling OH, Here are my top 3 (of many) irritating habits of yours:

3. Leaving used, broken, scummy toothpicks everywhere. I get that you hate food stuck in your teeth, but why when you have finished digging in your molars do you insist on chewing the damn stick until it's in shards, then leaving them lying around on the sofa arm until they get knocked onto the floor, eventually stabbing me in the foot? Put them in the bin!

2. I am not your mother. You are not a little boy. I should *not* be expected to clean up your snot- so why do I repeatedly find myself scrubbing bogeys off the shower tiles and bath enamel? If you feel that the best way to clear out your conk is while you shower then you crack on, but for god's sake make sure you've rinsed round afterwards. Also fyi, when I have to talk to you about this AGAIN (making it number 101 times I've mentioned it), don't just laugh at me like a stupid teenager, or I'll be forced to kick your ass.

1. When you come home every evening, you ask me the same question- "What have you done today- owt or nowt?" That single question makes me want to strangle you. Is it the patronizing nature? Or the holier-than-thou tone, that says 'I've been at work all day and you haven't, so obviously that means you've been sitting on your rump doing sod-all for 8 hours'? Maybe it's the fact that not only do I have a part-time job, but I also run the entire household and don't ask you to do a thing for it. If I had the time to answer your stupid question, I would say;
"Well dear, let me tell you- Today I got up, got Amelia ready for school, got myself ready, made her breakfast, had my breakfast, took her to school, came back, tidied up, put a load of washing on, did last night's washing up (you know, from the meals *I* cook every evening), hung the washing out, put another load in, had a quick lunch, picked Amelia up from school, played with her, ran out to do some errands, came back (around this time I will usually have sat down with a quick cuppa and a 10-minute scoot around PF, how dare I?), made Amelia dinner, put her in the bath, washed up again, put away the dry clothes, put her to bed, and started on our dinner. So I'd say I've done f*cking 'OWT', wouldn't you?!"

:lol::lol::lol:
Whhhhheeeew, I feel better getting that out! Try it, it's great- who else has something they'd love to moan about to their annoying OHs? Let's get a competition going to find the worst, lol! x

So I got 4 that spring to mind...

4. Using the floor/table tops as an ash tray so that when I do the cleaning up I end up sneezing all over the gaff... You have 3 ashtrays for 1 room! USE THEM!!

3. Getting yourself a bowl of cereal, half eating it, then leaving the bowl with milk and cereal still in it down the side of the sofa so either the cats eat it (and get ill) or it sits there so long that it dries up and goes hard so I practically have to use a hammer and chisel to get it off!

2. Staying awake all night on your xbox/laptop then climbing over me into bed at gawd knows what hour in the morning, kneeing me in the side, laying on my bump, elbowing me in the head... Either come to bed at a decent hour so I'm awake to move out your way, watch what you're doing, or DONT COME TO BED AT ALL!

1. Leaving me to do everything!! I get it, you cook, I wash up... But since when did "washing up" include hoovering, cleaning the bathroom doing all the washing AND cleaning up after YOUR mates when they leave our flat in a shit hole! You don't work, just sit on your f***ing x-box / laptop day in day out!! Im not your skivvy!!

Ahh, that does feel better :) x

Glad that made you feel better too Heppi :)

Ugh, Brett does that with all bowls and plates- seriously, how hard is it to scrape stuff into the bin then rinse it for 10 seconds?! lol x

Anyone would think I'd asked him to run a marathon! Every couple of days I'll find a plate of half empty food in the microwave... Seriously... Opening the cupboard - opening the microwave... No more effort than Scrape - rinse!! Jeez....

And I almost forgot... Him doing everything his mates ask when they ask him but completely ignoring me..... Actually feel like :wall::wall: xx

1 after your tea in the morning, put the milk back in and wipe up the sugar u spilled
2 unpack your workbag in the evening not when u r late in the morning when u just chuck the shit in the window for me to pick up.
3 sleeping in a tshirt is not sexy, its accually a really turn of
4 the bin is in the kitchen n have a purpose
5 I hover twice a day, respect that n take u shoes of straight away

please empty the dishwasher when finished, not just take out the items that you need
put the toilet seat down
do not complain about a tiny bit of dust, i clean every day
when u can see the bin is full.. empty it, dont leave your rubbish on the side because there is no space in the bin

i could go on for hours.................

Never cleans or tidies. Leaves food wrappers on the coffee table til I can't stand to look at them and have to throw them away myself. Leaves his gardening clothes in the hallway. Constantly has top gear on tv. Tail gates people in the car. Leaves dishes til the next day after we've has dinner and makes a point o'd telling me that he's done them FOR ME!!! The list is endless. Oh and leaves our bedroom in a tip :mad:

Oh I feel rather lucky reading this, mine are quite trivial compared to these haha. Xx

Last edited:
Ha I LOVE this thread ok here goes.......
Straight away when I have spent the day, working, cleaning, looking after baby, picking the other one up from school, getting home, making tea, getting little one in bath and bed, then cleaning up after the other one and getting him to do his homework, then bath and bed, why do you insist on coming in dumping your bag and bike leathers on the sofa? We have coat pegs!! Making yourself a 'snack' before your tea and leaving breadcrumbs all over my lovely clean worktop and leave your knife out covered in butter, leave crisp packets and wrappers on the side table, sit with your feet to the side up on the sofa, when I'm hoovering just simply lift your feet up for me to Hoover underneath! On a morning when your choosing what to wear do not put one thing on, decide you don't want to wear it and just chuck it down on the floor (did you think the fairies ironed it and hung it up)? Get showered and leave all your dirty washing on the bathroom (our wash bag is in our room right next door if you haven't noticed) have a shave in the sink and dont rinse it out!! Arrgg I could go on and on and on!!! Ha ha :)

Oh frig, I could be here forever!

Just a couple for now...

There's a bin for rubbish
There's a sink for dishes
There's shoe rack for shoes
There's a coat rack for coats and jackets

When I'm running around like a blue arse fly don't just frigging lie there and watch telly! You do this quite often!!!!
Don't expect me to do EVERYTHING. This is our house too, these are your kids too and I'm not your flipping mother.
On the subject of your mother, grow a back bone and stand up for yourself, it's a right off seeing you act like a little boy!

luvin the thread ladies

Bexy soooo funny about the snot in the bathroom loooooool - i'd be raging.

here goes -

Stop making yourself a drink, taking a clean cup and leaving the dirty cup either in the living room or kitchen - at least bloody put it in the sink and fill it with water - same goes for ceral bowls

Stop making toast/sandwiches ect on the work surface w/out putting a chopping board down, or wiping away crumbs after.

When your having a shave at the sink, and splashing water all over the place - please put the toilet cover down so that when I go to do a pee, I dont get a bum covered in water...grrrrrrr

Oh and stop eating all my biscuits/crisps/cereal when i'm in bed

:)

Just a few!! -
1. Used cotton buds go in the bin not on the table
2. Dirty washing goes in the laundry bin not left on the floor. You walk past it everyday day, it's at the top of the ruddy stairs!!!!!!!
3. When you get home from work and need 'me' time (read 'nap' time) DO NOT wake up an hour later and say to me 'I'm hungry, what's for tea??' one day I will shove dog food up your nose!!!!

There is definitely more but they are the top at the mo :)
Thanks girls can sleep easy tonight lol

Ugh, Brett does that with all bowls and plates- seriously, how hard is it to scrape stuff into the bin then rinse it for 10 seconds?! lol x

Exactly..........

And it's quite simple, I cook, you wash up and vice versa, that includes putting dry things away, not just adding to the cutlery in the draining rack until there are no forks left in the drawer :shock:

Oh when he washes up on the very very rare occasion he leaves things to 'soak' and then leaves all the knives and forks in the bowl! Grrrrr!!!! Also leaves his toothbrush and toothpaste out after countless times of me telling him to just reach up and put them in the cupboard!!! Ha I wonder what their moans would be about us???? Lol

I think my o/h does all of the above actually :mad:

This has made me laugh. Good after an early morning wake up call from my dog who was in distress after having an accident on utility room floor and then I never got back to sleep cos of heat :-(

Anyway I love DH to bits but there are things that really annoy me :-

1. We both work shifts, when I'm home I spend time cleaning, washing, ironing. He spends his relaxing, sleeping. Before we got married he was great at keeping house clean, now he does NONE of it!!!

2. We have a wardrobe in bedroom for a reason. Do not use the chair to hang your clothes on.

3. Do not roll socks up together to put in wash basket. I hate having to separate them before putting them in the washing machine!!!

4. When you shave, clean the sink afterwards.

5. I bought tea towels. Do not leave the dishes to drip dry. I hate things lying round.

this made me laugh, my oh does a fair few things to annoy me the top 4 being:

4. Making sandwiches on the kitchen side without a chopping board and then proceeding to leave all the crumbs behind!

3. Using my dining room table as a dumping ground when he gets in from work, and leaves me to tidy it!

2. Putting his feet up on my coffee table with shoes on still!

1. Not putting his shoes on the shoe rack, just piles them up in front of it!!

I must admit that does feel better :) xx

Last edited:
I'm so glad everyone's enjoying this thread. :) Since reading through, I've realised I have LOADS that OH also does just the same!

Princess81- Ugh, I'd forgotten that one- on the very rare occasions that he will wash up (we're talking once a month, if that), he makes such a big friggin' deal of it, going on about how he's helped me, looking at me to praise him like some sappy dog. Get over yourself love, I do it every damn day!

Keljordan- Mine will not only leave yesterday's dirty clothes on the floor, but when he goes in the bathroom for his morning shower he decides the most logical place to put his dirty pants is in his bathrobe's pocket, so I don't find them for three days. WTF?! Am I playing a game of hide and seek with your smelly boxers?!

Littlemiss83 and Kanga86- I have begged him to stop making his bloody sandwiches on my clean kitchen counters. We have three chopping boards in our kitchen. Three. Come on :roll:

Butterflykisses- Oh my god, I'd forgotten he does that too- when I'm off work with Amelia, I have to split my time between household stuff and looking after her, so when he gets home and she is contented and happy but the house is also acceptable. When he's off, he's just 'fun Daddy'. I get home and the place is a sh*thole, and when I ask why he says "I was busy looking after *our daughter*." Then he'll usually tell me I should "chill out and play with her more". AAAARGH!!!

:lol::lol::lol:
I love this, I swear it's better than therapy.

This has made me laugh. Good after an early morning wake up call from my dog who was in distress after having an accident on utility room floor and then I never got back to sleep cos of heat :-(

Anyway I love DH to bits but there are things that really annoy me :-

1. We both work shifts, when I'm home I spend time cleaning, washing, ironing. He spends his relaxing, sleeping. Before we got married he was great at keeping house clean, now he does NONE of it!!!

2. We have a wardrobe in bedroom for a reason. Do not use the chair to hang your clothes on.

3. Do not roll socks up together to put in wash basket. I hate having to separate them before putting them in the washing machine!!!

4. When you shave, clean the sink afterwards.

5. I bought tea towels. Do not leave the dishes to drip dry. I hate things lying round.

looooollll

My OH is guilty guilty guilty of number 3 and 4 looool - hate the sock thing - why the hell do they do that, never heard of anyone else doing that tbh. lool

love this thread, will be thinking of more to add

:lol:

Talking of socks.....
When my oh puts on his socks in the morning he just shoves them on his feet then while sat on the bed uses this as his back board while he pushes his feet up and down on the floor to straighten out his socks
You can imagine how bouncy the bed gets at stoopid o'clock when I'm asleep!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back