*****Aaron David 08.09.12*****

:hugs: I hope he improves really quickly and you can get home. Do you have any support within the hospital for bad days ? Remember to eat because its easy to forget when your lo is ill and you need your strength too .

We are in a family room but hubby is still at work so been on my own for a few days.

I think I'd feel better if he was with me all the time, hate that he's in the ward, I barely feel like a mum.

I'm eating well, I'm makin myself as I'm expressing and want to give him the best I can. I'm currently unable to
Eat junk food as my mind won't let me!

The hospital has set up some
Counselling for us as it really has been one thing after the other for me, I'm starting to believe I really screwed up in an previous life.

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

We are in a family room but hubby is still at work so been on my own for a few days.

I think I'd feel better if he was with me all the time, hate that he's in the ward, I barely feel like a mum.

I'm eating well, I'm makin myself as I'm expressing and want to give him the best I can. I'm currently unable to
Eat junk food as my mind won't let me!

The hospital has set up some
Counselling for us as it really has been one thing after the other for me, I'm starting to believe I really screwed up in an previous life.

If you had screwed up in a previous life then there is no way you would have been blessed with such a beautiful son. Keep your chin up, you'll look back on this sometime soon as a distant memory when your baby boy is at home in your arms making your face ache from so much smiling! xxx

The counselling will help : hugs: . I can't imagine how hard it is being away from him but just by trying to express as much as you are and by eating well you ARE being a proper mum to him .

It must be tough not to feel a little hard done by Tweety and I think it is totally normal and part of the whole process.

You've had a shitty pregnancy, a premature baby who is struggling, not to mention the DS diagnosis. I think it would be weird of you didn't feel a bit "why me"

The important thing is to make sure you tap into the positives... whilst negative thoughts will of course occur try not to dwell on them / give them any signifcance.

What matters is Aaron, his health and the joy he gives you ever single time you do hold him.

You are doing so well Tracey but what is your support network like? I know hubby is at work but do you have other people to keep you company?

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I really can't add anything more than has already been said. Sorry Aaron's still in the big house (that's what I call it because that's how it feels when you are stuck there :hug:) He looks like a scrappy little fella just like his mummy :wink: Keep up the good work, your are doing amazing.

My support network is awesome. All my family are back in northern Ireland so I could be struggling but hubby's family
Really treat me like one of them, they have rallied around like nothing I've ever seen before and visit me every day with food and anything else I need

I'm blessed to have them, because without them I'd be in a very dark place

Tapatalk madness!

Tracey, i didn't feel like a mummy for months after Sophie was born so don't worry, it will just come all of a sudden one day :)!

Im sorry to hear that the pressure has gone up in his lungs but these babies are surprisingly tough little things so I'm sure he will soon start to improve again xxxx

sorry to hear its gonna be longer in there, I bet you cant wait to get home and be able to spend time with him without nurses and doctors about. It will happen, youre had a right shitty time with your pregnancy and now having to spend all this time in hospital :hug: Is your pelvis any better now hes born? SO glad to hear your in laws are being awesome xxx

My support network is awesome. All my family are back in northern Ireland so I could be struggling but hubby's family
Really treat me like one of them, they have rallied around like nothing I've ever seen before and visit me every day with food and anything else I need

I'm blessed to have them, because without them I'd be in a very dark place

Tapatalk madness!

I'm glad to hear this hun, it's reassuing to know you have people looking after you...

You are also allowed a break now and then so don't feel guilty about that (even if you just want a quick bath or a walk around the block!!)

You may not feel like it just yet but you are a Mummy - you have been since day you got your BFP!

xxxxxxxx

It must be tough not to feel a little hard done by Tweety and I think it is totally normal and part of the whole process.

You've had a shitty pregnancy, a premature baby who is struggling, not to mention the DS diagnosis. I think it would be weird of you didn't feel a bit "why me"

The important thing is to make sure you tap into the positives... whilst negative thoughts will of course occur try not to dwell on them / give them any signifcance.

What matters is Aaron, his health and the joy he gives you ever single time you do hold him.

You are doing so well Tracey but what is your support network like? I know hubby is at work but do you have other people to keep you company?

xxxxxxxxxx

well said Nat.

so sorry that it still seems like one thing after the other for you. The counselling is a great idea, help you file things in your head properly and get through it.

why is hubby still working? is he waiting till Aaron is home properly before taking his paternity?
x

You really didn't screw up in a previous life you are justbeing tested a bit unfortunately.
You're doing an amazing job, I hope you are qt least getting lots of cuddles. Well done on the in-law front too.
Sending you my best wishes xxx

Hubby finishes up tomorrow, his work were really strict about him
Giving proper notice for paternity leave despite Aaron being early and sick!

He can't change it now he's put in for it and I'm really worried its all going to be wasted and he won't get the time that he really needs with his son!

Thankfully October holidays are coming up too and I'm hoping we will be home by then.

I've had a really upbeat day today, talkig to the doctor really helped. I'm going to make a point of making sure I'm
Kept up to date on his progress as I get really down when I'm left guessing (as I always get to worse case scenario on my own). I haven't been in bed since morning .. Which is a first.

Hubby just visited and done Aaron's nappy and feed, it was wonderful to watch (this is only the third nappy he's changed) mostly because aaron did mum proud and pooped through a nappy and two layers of clothes :lol:

Tapatalk madness!

:hug: you guys have been in my thoughts.

You know, if you need hubby and he needs some time, his GP can give him a line. I know it's maybe not what he'd want to do, but his work should be a little more understanding of your current circumstances. Xxx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The hospital are now trying to send me home without my son ... I'm about to blow a gasket!

Tapatalk madness!

Stand your ground hun!

I saw in GR that they were trying to move you to a different room, what has changed?

xxxxxxxxx

So how are supposed to feed him :(( that's what gets me, how can mummy go home without baby when baby needs food! These hospitals ideas are warped :(
Ours arrived at 37 weeks, yesterday, he has downs too, oxygen levels low too and they reckon it's because of gestation and lung immaturity, so if they say that about ours at 37 Maybe your little Aaron is the same :(
Glad he is feeding though; this is our next mountain
Hope the bonding is going well xx

Stand your ground hun!

I saw in GR that they were trying to move you to a different room, what has changed?

xxxxxxxxx

I have no idea .... I'm so mad!

Tapatalk madness!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back