*****Aaron David 08.09.12*****

tweetyfoo

Reaction score
My gorgeous baby boy Aaron David Farquharson was born 4 weeks early on Saturday 8th September at 0840.

Today, Aaron was diagnosed with Downs Syndrome which I'm sure you can appreciate has come as a huge shock to us and we have been through a very difficult time since Saturday.

This diagnosis in no way takes the shine and the happiness from
Making the announcement of this amazing wee boy coming into our lives.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347379216.609756.jpg

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

Oh honey he is beautiful. Sorry you have had such a rough time. Must be a massive shock for you.

Huge congratulations to you and your family on the birth of your beautiful and precious little boy x

Oh Tweety

He is an absolute beauty.

What a shock BUT as you say darling it in no way changes how much you and hubby love this little man and what a wonderful life you will give him - not to mention all the joy your son is going to give you both.

I am not sure if this is what you want to hear right now but I have a 7 year old cousin with DS - the support available to parents is phenomenal and if you need any advice regarding organisations / support networks then I am happy to find out for you.

My Aunty has been heavily invovled with various DS charities (some nationwide) since Jacob was born.

Also Jake is in mainstream school and has been since he was 4. He is a cheeky, upbeat, beautiful little boy.

I love, love, love your boys name hun - it is perfect.

How is Aaron's health?

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Congratulations tweety- he's An adorable little bundle xxxx

Awww he's gorgeous, congratulations!
Sorry your having a rough time, I know very little about ds but there is a baby in our water babies class with ds who's doing fantastic, I didn't know until the mother told me, Im sure you will get the support you need for your lovely little boy xx

Oh Tweety congratulations!!

He is just beautiful & you will get such an immense amount of joy from him as he grows up. I also think you are amazing too hun xxx

He is stunning really :love:

It will probably take some time for the dg to sink in as it was unexpected and some more time for you to get organized but you are strong and a huge amount of support exists for you and your family.

I love the name btw :)

Congratulations on your wee boy. He's absolutely gorgeous. Sorry you're having tough time but I know this will in no way change your feelings for him. xx

Congratulations honey, he is gorgeous.
I'm sure the DS would come as a big shock but I'm sure you will get all the support you need.
He is stunning xx

What a beautiful boy :) he will bring lots of love and laughter to your life! Hope you are both well xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He's a beauty :love: and worth every bit of spd, carpal tunnel and more I'm sure. Well done on getting through such a long labour with minimal pain relief, what a trooper xx

How is Aaron's health?

xxxxxxxx

Hes doin well, there may be a problem with his heart but they are going to give it more time to see if it repairs itself.

He's had problems feeding and although he's not breastfeeding yet I'm expressing every 3 hours around the clock and he's starting to do well taking it from a bottle, it's a good sign that he's able to suck.

Ha has had jaundice and spent the night getting phototherapy, this mornings blood test says the jaundice has cleared, but hes gettin repeat bloods tonight

He had passed his basic hearing test and basic physical exam and he appears very strong.

He's managed to keep his weight loss within the 10% allowance (scraping by at 9.9) so hopefully we will get home tomorrow

I know very little about his condition if I'm honest, but know we will need support from all the agencies that we can.

Hubby isn't taking it so well, I'm really keen to get us both home so they can bond

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

He is absolutely beautiful well done you ! I'm sure its been a bit of a shock to you I hope you can get all the support you need . Enjoy your beautiful boy and congrats xx

Tweety he is absolutely beautiful and from the photo I wouldn't even have known he had ds. As the girls say, I'm sure it's a shock and I'm sure you will get lots of support. You could also talk to so_hopeful81 on here (I think that's her username) as she has a beautiful little girl with ds.

Hope you get home soon and keep us posted on how he's doing x

He is absolutely gorgeous honey! I love his little outfit, he looks adorable. Congratulations xxx

Hopefully his health problems will be minor, I'm assuming any big cardiac problems would have been picked up at 20 week scan???
I'm sure your OH will bond with the little man in no time, how could he resist him, he's yummy xxx

congratulations hun!!!!! Xx

Sent from my shit hot phone! Fo shizzle home girls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back