Britains Youngest Mums & Dads

Jaidy

Reaction score
This programme is on tonight on ITV1 @ 9PM.

It looks really good. Here is a bit of info on the young people that will be in the show (taken from the ITV website)

I cant wait! I love shows like this :D

ITV Says....

The people we featured in our programme:

Nichola recently turned 18 but was 17 when she became mother of twins Malakai and Elijah who are now 5 months old. She got pregnant while on the pill after a sickness bug. Nichola lives with her mum who works full-time, but Nichola doesn't moan and wants to finish her education and get a good job. She was studying for her ‘A' levels when she found out she was pregnant and carried on with her education until the boys were born.

Melissa fell pregnant at 14 and had baby Taya at the age of 15. Her mum and dad were horrified to find out she was pregnant. Her dad George found it difficult to think about his baby having a baby. Melissa originally thought that having a baby was going to be great, but soon realised that it was a lot of hard work.

Charlotte is 13 and gave birth unexpectedly after sleeping with a 15-year-old boy while she was in temporary care. Her parents have four other children to care for (their youngest is just 4) and now their first grandchild to look after. Her parents want her to be a mum and have the responsibility but at the same time not miss out.

Tiffany – At 17 Tiffany has had very mixed feelings about becoming a mother. She's knows this is a huge change and is desperate to learn how to be a good mother. She hopes to get an education and a good job and to some day be a role model for her child.

Natalie became the youngest mum to give birth to triplets in April 2005 when she was 16. She gave birth to identical girls, Ellie, Lillie and Maddie. Natalie split from their father before the triplets were born.

Suzie (20) & Dax (21) have had one child a year since they met. They decided they would be together for life when they met when Suzie was 14 and Dax was 15, and immediately set about starting a family. When Dax developed severe arthritis when he was 17 the couple decided to speed up having the big family they'd dreamt of before the arthritis became too severe.

Simone (19) and Dwayne (25) – Simone became a young mum at 16 with an unplanned pregnancy and had Ivan who has Down's Syndrome. A second unplanned pregnancy brought them brother Lyncoln who has been diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy. Their third child, daughter Mia is born during the filming of our programme and Simone and Dwayne get married.

Looks good, although really most of them aren't that young, i was expecting the majority to be under 16 for some reason.

Oooh I wanted to watch this....thanks for mentioning it, would've forgot otherwise!! :D

wow, theres a girl who had a bubba when she was 13??

i think i had just learnt wot periods were then!! my mum threw me out when i was pregnant at 18, think she might have killed me at 13!!! :shock: :shock:

i couldnt look after a doll at 13 let alone a real baby..thats scary!
some of them arent too young..it looks like an interesting programme i'll be watching :)

mummykay said:
wow, theres a girl who had a bubba when she was 13??

i think i had just learnt wot periods were then!! my mum threw me out when i was pregnant at 18, think she might have killed me at 13!!! :shock: :shock:

:rotfl: I hadnt even STARTED my periods at 13.

Be interesting to see how the girl gets on with the triplets, I can imagine having triplets is blimmin hard at any age let alone 16!!!

ooooo thanks jade, ill defo watch that!

I watched the last one that was on, it must have been a few years ago now...the people that were on it were...i dunno what word to use without sounding nasty lol! Put it this way, they certainly weren't ready to be parents!!

I hope this one is more normal than the last one i saw...

they did a programme like this a few months ago and all it was was 13-15 year old chavs who let their parents look after their kids while they went out with mates drank, smoked had more sex and basically didnt know how to look after a child at all! but enjoyed reeping the benefits given by us taxpayers..it was insulting to young parents and i was pissed off that they used that as a generallism of young parents :x .

This is nothing against teen parents on here, as im a teen myself and you wouldnt be on this forum if you didnt care about you're kids! the people on this program didnt give a sh*t. :evil:

oh and yeah i will be watching it :D thx hun x

im going to watch it becasue ill get myself all fired up and maybe ill start myself off in labour :lol: :lol:

why didnt they give the poor girl and epidural??

and i hope im not giving birth in a room like that its so cold and uncomfy ...god thats really put me off lol!

cassi said:

and i hope im not giving birth in a room like that its so cold and uncomfy ...god thats really put me off lol!
god that was hossible!!
its really good i know wot that girl with twins was on about people are forever judging me

cassi said:

not all hospitals are like that hun. When I was giving birth they had the lights on low and I was lovely and warm. It felt very cosy so I hope that helps :D

beanie said:
cassi said:

not all hospitals are like that hun. When I was giving birth they had the lights on low and I was lovely and warm. It felt very cosy so I hope that helps :D

yes thats made me feel better :D they didnt really make it relaxing for her there did they? and i think its out of order they didnt cut out the bit when she got up and had nothing on and collapsed..the poor girl must of hated that!

and oh look here we go...the steriotypical programme of which has now changed to "they dont care" :(

i know that girl that was on with her mum looking after the baby and her snogging a bloke outside annoyed me summit chronic, she decided to have sex then to have the baby she should look after it sorry but i dont expect my mum to have Braydon ever

i spent 30 odd hours in my room hun, and it was nothing like that room. It was pretty cosy, 'normal furniture' and sofa's etc, dimmed lights.
Dont worry hun, have you seen the hospital ward??

Ahhh poor baby....'novalty has worn off' :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back