My 2nd Tri Diary, pregnancy and everything!

Josephine_Beth

Reaction score
So ladies, I decided instead of making little posts, I'd do one long post of my dairy, adding bit by bit. I think I have already posted one or 2 of these but thought I'd plonk them all in one go!

Have fun reading!

May 7th 2007;

So ladies and gents,

I thought it was about time to start one of these, I’m not so good with keeping things updated, so maybe I’ll do this week by week.

So far, let me fill you in from day one!

I actually was in denial, I knew my period was late but I kept thinking of excuse, such as;

‘Well I’m irregular; maybe it’s just really really late’

‘Ach, it’s ok, I’m stressed, and it’s late!’

For 2 weeks before I actually found out I am pregnant, I knew I was, even told my closest friends but when they asked about a pregnancy test, I’d make up excuses as to why I couldn’t do one;

* Not enough money

* Pharmacy closes by the time I finish work

* It’s just late

It’s not because I didn’t want to be pregnant, it was mainly due to not being financially stable that scared the living day lights out of me! All in all, I was too scared to find out the truth! And all this time my fella was so excited (that was scary!!!!), he kept saying he hoped my period didn’t come, he really wants a family. Not a bad thing you may think but by this time we’d only been together 6 months!

So on Friday the 23rd March 2007, I plucked up the courage and popped down to the chemist, leant over the counter and whispered to the lady for a pregnancy kit, she went out back and had kindly wrapped it in a brown bag for me (she must have been so used to doing it like some illegal drug deal after all this time). I got home, took the first test and wham, 2 lines but one was more faded, so I thought, maybe it was wrong and called my best mate. She looked online and read a few things, came back and said that’s how they are defiantly supposed to be, oh well I thought. I told her I call her back after I did the other test, and wham, confirmed I am 100% up the duff! My friend called me back and all I could manage to say in repetition was;

‘oh well’
‘op’s’
‘never mind’

Literally, this is all you would have got out of me for the next 24hrs! I reached a state of shock! I text’d my other half to come home and he did, later that day he took me to the doctors who then confirmed on the 23rd March 2007, I am officially 6 weeks pregnant! Oh well, I though! The doctor then asked me do I want to keep the baby, I replied with ‘might aswell!’. Please don’t think of me a silly but I was so shocked, I just didn’t know what to think, I’d never think of aborting, to me that is another form of murder! Plus my dad is a Catholic Deacon, so he’d soon enough put me straight!

That weekend, I changed my eating habits, no junk food and from then on I was and still am only eating fruit, veg, white meat and drinking water and apple juice like a house on fire!

For the following 2 weeks after this, I’d quickly get too tired in the afternoons, having to sleep around 4pm for 2 hours but this has now passed. Constantly peeing, this is calming down now! Only had morning sickness around 7 times but still don’t understand why it is called morning sickness when I’d get it late at night!

I’m also very picky with what I want to do at times and to be opposite, very decisive with food or what I want to do at times! Plus I am like the devil reincarnated with my moods! I am taking that this is all a regular thing in relation to all women when pregnant?

I was scared to tell my mum and dad, why? I don’t know, maybe it’s because I feel I haven’t achieved all my goals before settling and having a family? Maybe my mum would be upset? I shouldn’t have worried; both my parents are so excited! Mum can’t get enough of asking about how the pregnancy is going and keeps handing over useful hints and tips! Only thing I miss is not having my parents here with me, they are back home in Reading, UK.

So really, I was more worried about my parents reacting than how any one else would, after all, I am still their little girl, even at 25 yrs of age.

I had my 1st officially check up at 8 weeks and everything went well, had a pep test aka a smear test and the doctor did an internal, this I nearly cried over. Call me a baby but I still get upset about having smears and such esp with a male doctor but after it was done, I was fine. Then I had an ultra sound, not a proper one, just a scan to make sure everything was well, so I have a faded picture of my baby looking like a tadpole lol On my 9th week, I had all my blood tests and going for my 12week scan tomorrow, can’t wait!

So, my baby has gone from being called ‘the blob’ to ‘tadpole’ to now being called ‘junior’………..not very mother like but the maternal bit took a few weeks to kick in!

But to top it all off, I was told by 4 separate doctors years ago that I would never be able to conceive naturally (after I was in a car crash!), guess I proved them wrong huh :dance:

Tuesday 8th May 2007;

Had the scan today; however doctors have made a muck up! I'm not 12 weeks but 14 weeks pregnant............lovely surprise! No worries though, the father is the same person lol (ok bad joke!). So I never got when I was told on the 23rd march I was 6 weeks pregnant and the due date is the 4th of Nov! (But the doctor did say about adding on another 2 weeks but told me not to worry about it!) Now I do, cus I'm not 12 weeks, I'm 14 weeks and what makes it harder is the language barrier, never mind!

Baby is fine, nothing wrong that the doctor can see, 2 arms, 3, no sorry 2 legs, 1 head, 1 heart and it was so cute, I could see junior moving! It was amazing, he was pouting his lips, like he was practicing kissing in the mirror lol Baby wouldn't stop moving and it made it harder for the doctor to check, he kept laughing actually.

I'M GONNA BE A MUM!

Friday 18th May 2007;

So far, so good!

Apart from my hormones turning me into the ‘she devil’ this week but I think I am allowed to act dramatic (eastender Bianca finding out who her dad is style), just get strange looks from the other half now!

So yes, found out last week that I a week and a half ahead than I thought I was, that means I am now 4 months up the duff! Yay to me!

So last night, I went to lie down after a long day at work, to feel a nervous, butterfly type sensation in my tummy. Then a weirder feeling, like I was being touch on the inside of my belly, put my hand there and wow, I could feel a tiny TINY movement, this went on for around 20 minutes, to which I dragged my poor other half out of bed to attempt to feel. He laughed at me and said I was being cute! Poo to him!

Blood tests and pap tests are all clear but apparently I can not be tested for downs syndrome, due to being further ahead, either way I am young and the risks are not high, it’s never run in either of our families, so touch wood, baby junior will be ok!

29th May 2007;

So far, well, not so calm lol Ach, not really!

This weekend has been a pain down below, I’m starting to feel junior move a little more now, especially at night, I go to sleep, and the baby decides to have a one man party! But he seems to calm down when my other halve either cuddles me or puts his hand on my tummy, ok not so much of a preggy belly but the bottom part is poking out and harder now. So my clothes are looking a little close for comfort this week.

Is it me or does your tummy seems to be flat one day, the next day it’s ‘woooohooooo look I’m preggers!’

I’ve been having sharp pains on my left side, bottom of my tummy, so yesterday to make sure; I just went to the hospital. All is well; Junior is sitting on part of my nerve that is causing this stabbing like pain but it makes me feel like I’ve pulled a damn muscle!

So last night, it was humid, I decided to sleep with the veranda bedroom doors open, without the shutters closed. I wake up to a crawling sensation over my neck, being asleep, I just brushed it off. Then I felt it on my arm, bigger this time, I wiped it off and jumped, it turned up again, straight after on my side, I wiped it off, screamed and had a fit like episode, My other halve was trying to hold me down, whilst I was trying to bolt for the door. I was able to wriggle free, turn the light on and a b@stard, flipping, cockroach had come in from the veranda doors! I legged it to the kitchen, jumping and screeching, I’ve never had a cockroach come into a place I lived EVER and nor do I intend to see one again. It freaked me out big time, ewk, just crawling over my bare skin!

Poor junior, whilst I was having my panic attack type thing, he must have freaked out too (I will also feel sorry for junior if he turns out to be a she lol).

So today, I still feel a little queezy, maybe still freaked out by it! But I had my other halve pull everything out of that bedroom last night, whilst I bleached the whole room, just to make sure (even though I’d done it during the day).

31st May 2007;

Yesterday was hetic with work, going from place to place, see, my problem is I don’t take a break, being self employed I have to take very opportunity I get (unfortunately it tires me out quicker).

So I and a work colleague set off for a drive to Larnaca. Going down Athalassas Ave in Nicosia is a pain, like the damn M25 at rush hour. My colleague was driving and out of no where some idiot drives into the passenger side of my friend’s car, the side I am on! Obviously I jump and first thing I think about is Junior, apart from the fact I am shaking. No damage to my friend’s car, it’s a Jaguar, tank like. The other guy, well mucked his front up big time, turns out the guy is illegal, so no point waiting around.

We head off to Larnaca, 3hrs later, we return, by this time its 19:45pm and I am shattered. My other halve is worried that the baby may not be ok but I told him not to worry, just wanted to sleep, so went to lay down. Not even 30 minutes later I start getting sharp stabbing pains in my belly, so another trip down A&E!

Everything is well, told the doctor what happened, they examined and all is as good as can be, baby was a little distressed but because I was on the move all the time, it couldn’t move much himself and when I got to relax, that was his relax time.

Is it me or do I feel like I over react and jump at any chance to be seen by a doctor lol

So, this morning Eric (my man) and I paid a trip to migration to apply for a marriage thingy and the daft woman behind the desk tells me I need a letter from my Gynaecologist proving I am pregnant! I took my frigging documents that I got with my 12 week scan, with the doctor’s name, my name, address, the hospital, my conceived and due date!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

June 5th 2007

Not to threat ladies and gents, I am 100% fab fantastic!

My lovely better half took me out for the whole of Saturday, bit of a trip though, first off to Limassol, then Larnaca, then later at night up to Ayia Napa. I was pooped by the time we got home at 5am on Sunday but it was a great relaxing day. I kept harking on about wanting to visit the beach, as I haven’t been yet, so he surprised me, packed a natural and healthy picnic (only trying to eat fresh food, in hopes that it helps my constipation, sorry TMI!). He brought high sun block, one of those big beach umbrellas and headed to Zygi beach. It was lovely and quiet and something I needed, if I could award my other half with ‘man of the month’, I would do it in a jiffy!

Baby seems fine and dandy, had a bit of trouble with my tummy on Friday, was suffering from the worst wind and constipation and it was terrible. But a good night’s sleep and I was fine, the baby has been bopping away all weekend, like there is no tomorrow!

Now, my pregnant tummy has started to pop out, I really need to go clothes shopping, everything seems so tight! Not only that, last night, whatever I ate, it didn’t touch my sides! I’ve been like that since Saturday, only worry I have is putting on extra weight that is not needed!

So below is a list of what I have eaten in the past 3 days;

• 2 BIG water melons
• 3 normal yellow melon thingy’s
• 12 bananas
• 7 plums
• 10 apples
• about half a shopping bag of cherries
• 1 and a half chickens, obviously brought from a shop, not alive lol
• 4 servings of pasta
• a daily breakfast of weetabix with semi skimmed milk and honey
• 5 salmon steaks, with fresh mash potato or pilau rice
• 5 cans of tuna, mixed with cucumber, tomatoes, avocado and anything else I could throw in.
• Around 30 litres of water! I drink like a blimling fish!
• A large bar of dark Cadbury’s chocolate
• Half a tub of Ben and jerry’s
• Avocado and boiled egg salad x 3

Now, that may sound a lot but believe me when I say, I feel like a bottomless pit!

God help me
:shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back