_•~•*XoXoX*•~•_ JULY 2015 Mummies-To-Be _•~•*XoXoX*•~•_

I think I'll always feel that way.
One bad experience and being the world's biggest worrier mean I'll never be free of worry.
I guess most people have some concerns but some are just a bit more care free than others and can push doubts to the back of their mind. I bet that's nice...

I'm a worrier, and even though we had a scan at 10 weeks and everything was fine...I am panicking about our 12 week scan tomorrow. I couldn't sleep last night, couldn't get comfy, had a crappy headache and just cried - we have been to Morrisons this morning and I felt so nauseous I thought I was going to be sick in the fruit and veg aisle!

I'm a natural worrier too and I think some ladies will feel quite anxious through the whole pregnancy, especially if they have suffered a loss in the past. I have relaxed slightly since our 12w scan as I know that we're officially in the 'safe' zone now and that the majority of pregnancies would continue to a healthy baby being born at this point. It makes me feel so much better to know that the risk of a miscarriage is now significantly reduced and that, although tragedies do happen, they are rare from this point onwards. Once that little baba has been seen at 12w with their little heartbeat, there's a really high chance that everything is going to be ok.

Saying that, I could always find reason to worry myself!!

It is very quiet in here, I think most have moved over to tri 2 now. I've decided to wait until I'm officially 14 weeks, not sure why! Only a few more days to go.

Crawkay and Katyjane, all the best for your scans tomorrow. Thinking of you both! xx

Last edited:
I'm waiting til 14 weeks too Kwarbee. Think mainly because even though I'm 13+5 today I still don't actually know everything is ok.
Bit worked up tonight, also just randomly decided to google all the bad stuff, noooo idea why I did that. I'm a loon!
Tomorrow is going to be the longest day of my bloody life.
At least by this time tomorrow the not knowing will be over.x

Ooh no, stay away from the dreaded Google. I have diagnosed myself with a whole host of horrendous things over the years with that search engine! You'll always read and remember the worst bits and ignore all the positive comments, I find! What time is your scan? xx

Crawkay I've been googling today too and freaking myself out, goodness knows why!! Yeah I'm really trying to stay positive now the scan is done. I'll also be here until 14 weeks but popping over to tri 2 occasionally for advice!

Is 14 weeks officially Tri 2? I keep hopping between here and there as I like to see whats going on...2pm tomorrow for our scan

I think tri 2 officially starts at like 13w+3 or something like that. It varies a lot, some say from 12w+1 and other sites say from 14w onwards. I've started popping into the tri 2 section too xx

Il be waiting until 14 weeks to move over, Il be popping over for a peek however as il be one of the last on this thread.

Quick query- I went out for dinner last night and so forgot to take my pregnacy vit/folic acid, so i took them with my breakfast, shall i just carry on having missed last nights or take a 2nd lot today? Not sure if its safer to just miss one or to double dose?

Good luck to the ladies with scans coming up :) Xx

P.s. The sickness bands are back on today after 2 weeks without them :( rough! I'm also the most tired I have been, feel like I can barely function today, 0% energy!! Xx

My scan isn't until 3:30.
I've had absolutely no indication that anything is wrong (last time I did) so I'm going to try extra hard to stay positive :) x

Last edited:
Missing the vitamin/acid tabs won't hurt you at all, in any way.

Double-dosing could be a bit dodge, although in all honesty I doubt a breakfast-to-dinner gap would be all that drastic. As long as you're not taking a handful in one go you should be fine either way.

Tri dates are dodgy. It depends if you go by dividing the pregnancy into three (13+3, 26+6), three monthly (12, 24,) baby's developmental stages (I can't remember these but there's significant difference at like, 12+something, and 26+something, or something).
This is why you'll not find a "definite" Tri date change-over. Depends which you go by.

Best of luck with your scans tomorrow Crawkey and KatyJ, will you be putting pics up? Taking flavour guesses?

I think the boards have been quiet with the holidays. Should see activity pick up again over the next couple days xx

Thanks.
Yeh, if all is well I'll be showing off a pic. Anyone is welcome to guess but we're not finding out.
I'll have to teach myself how to actually upload a photo on to here though.x

(Just realised I've posted as my hubby lol!) If all is well I'll post a piccy :) I have an intuition we are having a boy, but I would love gender guesses. KJ xxx

Last edited:
Good luck to those who are having their scan today!! Hopefully a massive weight will be lifted and you can enjoy your pregnancies and get excited about the prospect of being mummies!!!!

My only piece of advice is STEP AWAY FROM GOOGLE!!! It will drive you mad. What you have to remember is most people post when things go wrong. Not necessarily when things go right!! Take it with a punch of salt if you must google things,but otherwise please try to stay away. You could be worrying over nothing!!! If you are still really concerned contact your midwife!! Xxx

Morning all. Had a fun week last week telling family and close friends. Made a lot of people cry, apparently. Telling work today then going public tonight. Suddenly it's feeling very real.
Feeling ok except for general muscle aches and itches. Determined to go to yoga from this week onwards. Need the muscle exercise and the mind relaxant. Don't worry, have done lots in the past so know how to protect myself. And the teacher is excellent too.
I guess at 13+2 is should think about posting in tri 2 instead soon...
Have a great day, especially those who are scanning. Which reminds me to upload my pic from last week
X

Scan pic uploads:

From computer - click on advanced reply, click the little picture button up the top of the box (by all the font colour/bold buttons etc), upload your pic.

From iPhone (possibly other phones) - I find it easiest to go to tinypic.com, upload my pic on there (just press the upload button) and copy the "forum" code (starts ) into this quick reply box.

Loretta, I bet that was so much fun telling everyone :) xx

Thanks Lacey.
I'll have a bash at the iphone way hopefully.
Plan on keeping myself busy today, once I get up that is, ha.x

My friend (who had 2 misscariages last year) just text to wish me luck today and it's started me off crying, ha.
I seriously can not wait to have this day over and done with. Then I can stop whinging at you all too :)

I hope the next few hours flies for you Crawkay! Definitely best to keep yourself busy. My first scan was at 3.30 too and I just ended up sleeping until midday to pass the time!!

It's such an emotional and anxious time, we all completely understand.

All the best xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back