♡ October 2020 mummies ♡

No nothing at all. That’s why I thought it must be pregnancy related......

No nothing at all. That’s why I thought it must be pregnancy related......
It must be then! I had wondered if I would ever receive anything 'official' you know in terms of evidence for my employer etc. Not that they've asked, they've been fab tbh! X

It must be then! I had wondered if I would ever receive anything 'official' you know in terms of evidence for my employer etc. Not that they've asked, they've been fab tbh! X

Mine don’t even know yet!! :rotfl:
To be fair they won’t be overly happy so I’m just getting away with it as long as possible! X

Ok so I've been thinking about my 16 week midwife appointment which will take place over the phone. How will this even work?! I'm pretty sure they take a urine sample from you as standard.. plus other physical checks I'd have thought like BP or weight? Are these types of checks just getting postponed? I'm generally in good health luckily and never had issues with BP etc but you just never know, I'm just concerned whether I'm going to be receiving the care I'm entitled to!

Ok so I've been thinking about my 16 week midwife appointment which will take place over the phone. How will this even work?! I'm pretty sure they take a urine sample from you as standard.. plus other physical checks I'd have thought like BP or weight? Are these types of checks just getting postponed? I'm generally in good health luckily and never had issues with BP etc but you just never know, I'm just concerned whether I'm going to be receiving the care I'm entitled to!

Has this been confirmed too you? That’s very disappointing, think 16week appointment is when you get to hear baby’s heart beat. My midwife gave me a urine sample pot last time to take with me so pretty sure that gets checked. Feel like we’re just getting left too it :(x

Has this been confirmed too you? That’s very disappointing, think 16week appointment is when you get to hear baby’s heart beat. My midwife gave me a urine sample pot last time to take with me so pretty sure that gets checked. Feel like we’re just getting left too it :(x
Yeah, she rang and left a voicemail as I missed the call. I also got a pot too. She didnt mention anything on the message! I've been reluctant to call back and ask because I know its probably really tough for them at the moment. But I'm really just not sure I'm getting the care I need! X

Obvs not in the UK but my 16wk midwife appointment got bumped back to 22 weeks. There's not a big need to see a midwife at 16wks. They've just made sure you're OK at 12/13wks and they check everything at your 20wk scan. It's not a long break really. If something was going wrong you'd have some symptoms, in which case they'd see you right away x

Yeah, she rang and left a voicemail as I missed the call. I also got a pot too. She didnt mention anything on the message! I've been reluctant to call back and ask because I know its probably really tough for them at the moment. But I'm really just not sure I'm getting the care I need! X

Oh no, this is rubbish! Definitely don’t feel bad about ringing back. Just explain how you feel. Let us know how you get on <3

Hey ladies,
Thread hopping as per usual :rotfl:
All 16 week appointments in the U.K. are being done over the phone now. They do normally do a wee sample but i dont think it’s really essential tbh. If you did have a water infection then you would normally have symptoms.
It’s rubbish I know but 12 week scan and 20 week is the most important and they won’t be cancelled xx

I’ve got my 16 week appointment on Weds I’ve not heard anything though. I’m pretty sure she didn’t listen to babies heart beat last time until I was 25 weeks. Even though it’s dragging for me and I feel like I’ve been pregnant for a million weeks it doesn’t seem to far not until the 20 week scans!!! Mine is 21st May.

Thank you ladies for the reassurance! I feel a bit better now. I just really wasnt sure how important this appointment was and I was getting a bit anxious! Anyway, enjoy the Easter weekend everyone (as much as we can in isolation!) My new shark hoover has just arrived so I know what I'll be doing :rofl:

Aww so sweet! There is no way I'd be able to wait this long to tell though! Well done you lol x

Haha! It was strange the longer it when on the longer I wanted it to stay our secret! Pleased we did it though x

Haha! It was strange the longer it when on the longer I wanted it to stay our secret! Pleased we did it though x

I'm glad you told them!! I'm the same (still haven't told anyone but my parents). You do reach a point where you'd rather keep it a secret lol

Today's symptom is itchy boobs/nipples! My bra is driving me mad! Hope everyone enjoys their easter weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back