♡ October 2020 mummies ♡

Sorry to thread jump, but I was the same after mine. She had to push hard at some points to check the heart, and it took a long time. The next day I had quite a sore and achy stomach. Hope it goes away soon x

I had my scan yesterday. I was sore for a bit afterwards but ok so far today.

Everything looked good to the tech but of course we need to wait for the report yet. We ended up finding out the gender and my husband was allowed to come in with me (they had changed the rules just the day before). We are expecting a boy.

I must say I was feeling disappointed and then when we told the kids 2 of them were in tears and the youngest who wanted it to be a sister is in denial (he's just turned 3). We showed the kids the pictures from the scan and later that night the youngest was being super clingy - poor bub. All that combined with other challenging behaviours from kids and probably some sleep deprivation led to a bit of a break down last night but things are much better so far today.

I had my scan yesterday and I’m having a boy too! It’s so strange emotionally isn’t it! I cried because I was so pleased my hubby would have a son but then felt sad that my daughter wouldn’t have a sister (not that she’d care she’s only one years old)!

I thought I’d be sore after because it was really hurting me. She was pressing down hard trying to check the heart. I remember I was always achey last time after the midwife prodded and measured my bump.

I’ve phoned my drs today and booked my whooping cough vaccine for next week. I remember that giving me a really sore dead arm after!

Hope everyone is well! X

@MammaOfMany Oh I'm sorry you had a rough time of it. I hope the rest of today went smoothly. It's great your husband was allowed at your scan! Mine wasn't. I'm sure your kids will come around to the idea of anofher boy in time.

Your poor 3yr old, doesn't want to stop being the baby boy of the family I guess!! I think it's better you found out now so he has time to adjust to the idea. How many of each gender will you have now? I know you've said but I can't remember. x

I had my scan yesterday and I’m having a boy too! It’s so strange emotionally isn’t it! I cried because I was so pleased my hubby would have a son but then felt sad that my daughter wouldn’t have a sister (not that she’d care she’s only one years old)!

I thought I’d be sore after because it was really hurting me. She was pressing down hard trying to check the heart. I remember I was always achey last time after the midwife prodded and measured my bump.

I’ve phoned my drs today and booked my whooping cough vaccine for next week. I remember that giving me a really sore dead arm after!

Hope everyone is well! X

Congrats on the little boy. One of each! :)

Erg I am not looking forward to the whooping cough vaccine either. I had a sore arm for a week with that one.

@MammaOfMany I'm glad the scan went well but sorry to hear you had a bit of a rough ride with it all yesterday. The kids will come round and by the time he arrives they will be over the moon! Congratulations on a little boy :) x

@Christiney88 @MelbNewMum and @crixhile hope you are all ok, dont think we have had any updates from you all recently unless I've missed them? Let me know if you need the front page updating :)

Everyone else I think I've updated with pink, blue or yellow. Please let me know if I've missed you out or got it wrong! There are so many of us!

Thank you for your kind words. Things have been much better but I haven't brought up the subject of baby's gender again with the upset children yet. I will of course but I just wanted to give them some processing time.

@kanga86 It’s funny how it works when you get a small group, my last due date group was all girls, only 4 boys. I’m sure some of the team yellow people will balance us out though!!

Oh wow, I just looked on the front page,... only two girls?!

Does anyone else get pain in their ribs? I'm getting it often but only on my right side. No other symptoms really, apart from stuffy nose on a morning, and bad skin. Feeling pretty good! Starting to feel baby moving around more too which is lovely but still quite cushioned at the moment

Don’t worry @PinkFlamingo it’ll be nice to see baby again! I had to go back with my first because they’re couldn’t get a certain spine measurement. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back