young mummies

babysunshine

Reaction score
hi im new on here found out i was pregnant two weeks ago i am now over 6 weeks. Im 23 turning 24 next week . Baby wasn't planned it was a surprise but when i found out one of the things that came to my mind was im too young and will be seen in a negative way . Ideally i wanted baby at 25 but i am happy. Just wondering if there is any other young mums here and whats ur experience

I'm an oldie (33 in Dec although started trying when I was 29) and I'd say don't worry about your age, 23/24 isn't considered that young I wouldn't have said, and to be honest, I didn't feel any older or more mature at 25 than I did at 23. Don't feel much older now to be fair! If you we're hoping to have a baby at 25 you'd have been needing to start trying very soon anyway so it wouldn't have made a massive difference. At 23 I'd have thought by 33 I'd have a house with a garden, plenty of financial security etc etc, I don't, I'm no better off than I was then so I don't think age makes much difference :) xxx

Hi :wave: Congratulations!

I'll be 22 in December so a little younger than you! I've been thinking along the lines of if someone see's it as a negative thing then that's their problem. As long as you're happy then why bother with other people's negativity?

I think i've been quite lucky so far, anybody who knows i'm pregnant have been really excited. I told my boss today and his was the first negative (although i'm sure he didn't mean it to sound the way it did) comment i've had with his 'oh dear' after I told him I was 7 week pregnant.

So yeah, forget what other people think or say, it's your life.

My first daughter was born when I was 25. I was one of the oldest on the ward only beaten by a 28 (I think) year old. I'm 26 now and pregnant again. I'll be 27 when it arrives - I feel old haha

hi im new on here found out i was pregnant two weeks ago i am now over 6 weeks. Im 23 turning 24 next week . Baby wasn't planned it was a surprise but when i found out one of the things that came to my mind was im too young and will be seen in a negative way . Ideally i wanted baby at 25 but i am happy. Just wondering if there is any other young mums here and whats ur experience

Hiya hun i was 16 when i had my son who is now nearly 8. I was a single parent and it was hard but i managed and it was so enjoyable. I loved every minute of it and its made me a better stronger person. I webt on to meet a lovely man and have a littke girl in 2011 and we are a happy family... most of the time lol.

If i could manage at 16 you will be fine at 24. :) havinf a baby is the most amazing thing in the world and you will soon realise you can manage on 15 mins sleep lol. Good luck hun x

I'm an oldie (33 in Dec although started trying when I was 29) and I'd say don't worry about your age, 23/24 isn't considered that young I wouldn't have said, and to be honest, I didn't feel any older or more mature at 25 than I did at 23. Don't feel much older now to be fair! If you we're hoping to have a baby at 25 you'd have been needing to start trying very soon anyway so it wouldn't have made a massive difference. At 23 I'd have thought by 33 I'd have a house with a garden, plenty of financial security etc etc, I don't, I'm no better off than I was then so I don't think age makes much difference :) xxx

not in the best situation financially but we have a house.i think i was waiting for the time when we have spare money to spend and savings for baby.

i got pregnant straightaway i must be very fertile anyways ur right i might be same even 4 years later.

Hey baby sunshine congrats :)

Im 23 and will be 24 when baby arrives, this is my first and to be fair it went through my head too. We was trying for a few months but it was still a shock too. My OH is 34 in december though and this will be his second so I'm lucky to have his support and experience too. We aren't in the right place financially either, we house share at the moment with another couple and a baby and a single guy so we are pretty cramped to say the least. But we have a roof over our head, food in our belles, full time jobs each with very supportive staff too.

I haven't had any negative comments, but any i get I'm going to brush off. Most of the people I went to school with are on there third now so in terms of age and society I think were getting on a bit lmao!!! No only kidding, but you have a house and things so you must be doing pretty well in life so far. Have a break and enjoy your pregnancy and child :) i know i will :) done all the things I wanted to do before this moment so I'm pretty happy :)

I'm 27 and my OH is 29. Not young but I still feel quite young as none or my friends my age have children. But we figured there is never going to be a perfect time to have a baby :)

Nikki

I'm 22 and expecting my second. Definitely not too young xx

I'm 43 and not better off financially and im at the other end of the scale in terms of people saying im too old LOL (this is my first baby)

Just be happy :), it's your life, you only have it once, if it feels right to you....then it is :) x

I was 24 wen I fell pregnant, section hopping sorry! I thought I was too young and was worried in particular what my family would think and say but honestly nobody cared! no one thought I was too young except me and even if they had I now realise it really doesn't matter!

I'm 22 will be 23 when baby is here, partner is already 23 and will be just turning 24 when baby is here. Same thoughts went right through my head and I'm in the middle of my career and doing my NVQ x

I'm 21 now and will be when the baby arrives - I do feel I'm young, but not too young! I've got a good stable job, a roof over my head and a brilliant support network of family and friends! Don't panic, everything will be fine :) xxx

I'm 22 will be 23 when baby is here, partner is already 23 and will be just turning 24 when baby is here. Same thoughts went right through my head and I'm in the middle of my career and doing my NVQ x

i think im scared of all the changes , no work, lack of sleep and biggest of all being called mum . I dont know how to explain but in my head i feel like im 18 i forget i am 24 im responsible i have a house and job but that next step scares me :wall2:.

not sure i make sense .

just wondering what happens about your NVQ?

i think im scared of all the changes , no work, lack of sleep and biggest of all being called mum . I dont know how to explain but in my head i feel like im 18 i forget i am 24 im responsible i have a house and job but that next step scares me :wall2:.

not sure i make sense .

I am exactly the same as you, flat, job, animals etc, and because we now need to move as I'd feel better its another thing added to the list. To top it all off I'm also studying, no wonder my brain feels to explode right now. :wall2: thinking of being called Mum feels so bizarre, I still feel so young inside ATM.

I'm actually over half way of my NVQ so if I get on top of it, I could be completed before baby pops out. But that's not mention how disconnected I feel ATM because of my hormones I just wanna sit on my butt and do nothing, but ill keep at it as I know it will benefit us all once I will be ready to go back to work x

not sure i make sense .

I am exactly the same as you, flat, job, animals etc, and because we now need to move as I'd feel better its another thing added to the list. To top it all off I'm also studying, no wonder my brain feels to explode right now. :wall2: thinking of being called Mum feels so bizarre, I still feel so young inside ATM.

I'm actually over half way of my NVQ so if I get on top of it, I could be completed before baby pops out. But that's not mention how disconnected I feel ATM because of my hormones I just wanna sit on my butt and do nothing, but ill keep at it as I know it will benefit us all once I will be ready to go back to work x

i feel disconnected aswell i don't feel like doing anything anymore . just about manage work!

not sure i make sense .

i feel disconnected aswell i don't feel like doing anything anymore . just about manage work!

Yup! Exactly the same, I have mega bizarre hours so I'm in and out the flat all day til 10/11 at night and I'm really struggling with everyday shifts, I informed my manager so she knew why and she's cut me down abit, so as if next week with the easier shifts I can knuckle down and get in with NVQ (if I can be bothered ofc) I could honestly sleep for weeks ATM. Plus I just can't stop eating.

Well I'm 27 and have 3 children? 5,2 and new born. I get lots of negative comments, but they are all narrow minded people who day things. My husband works extremely hard and financially supports everything. So as for people focussing your life tell them to mind thier own business! I do now!

I was 19 when I conceived my first I turned 20 2 months after she was born..I am now 27 and hang my third baby this one wasn't planned I must say but we are over the moon....congratulations xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back