Just found out Im pregnant, a few questions..

jazzmum2be

Reaction score
So I just found out im around 4-5 weeks pregnant about a week ago.
None of it was planned, im only 16, But iv always been against abortions so im going to keep the baby. Is anyone else a young mum? Im just so scared how im going to cope, my dads kicked me out his house, and my mum said I cant live with her because my stepdad hates me. So at the moment im staying with my nan for a few weeks until my mum can think of where im going to stay. anyone been in the same position and has any advise? Also Im only 5 weeks, but i could swear i have a bump coming on, is it too early to get a bump? I just hope im not having twins lol. I keep feeling sick in the morning and sometimes in the evening but i hear thats normall, I also feel constantly tiered. Ill go to bed at like 10pm and not get up till 1pm the next day and still feel tiered. Im quitting smoking as well. But I hear theres a high chance of miscarrage with your first baby so That may happen :(
Anyway any advise on anything would be great, and especially if thers some young mums out there with advise.
Thanks guys :)

firstly congrats and wish you happy and healthy 9 months,

every pregnancy is so different and you will get different symptoms to others sometimes, but its quite common to have morning sickness in the first 12 weeks so hope its not too bad for you hun, and you can have it through out the day or just in the morning or evening,

glad you quitting smoking though and be good for you and baby, im sorry to hear of your living arrangements but good you have got your nan, have you told any of your family at all, would be good to have some support from them or friends?

i have no great advice as such but there are so mnay great girls on here who will help much as they can

firstly go to your doctors to get everything checked and confirmed and they will book you in to see the midwife for a few weeks time.

:hug: :hug:

Quite a few members of my familly know. And they are being supportive but not supportive enough to let me stay with them (except for my nan).
I just hope everything goes ok :)

I cant give much more advice then Tracey has other then your rents WILL calm down, im sure they have just had a shock... give them some time and space and let them get their heads around it, you have to remember your their baby still even tho your 16 and you have just told them some big big news!

The girls on here are very very supportive so you have come to the right place and you have your Nan!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Arhh Hun :hug: :hug: u must be feelin pretty scared, i no i did when i accidently got pregnant with my little girl and i was 25! :lol:
I cannot really give you much advice on the young mum side of things just wanted too say Hi :wave: and let you know there are loads of people here who will listen and offer advice whenever you need it!

Im sure your family will come round in time, its probably just the shock at the min, at least uve got your Nan, are you close and can you talk to her about stuff?

Emma x

Yeah im quite close to her, but she has given me a few lectures to have it aborted. But Im sticking on keeping it.
I went to the doctor whe I first found out and all she could say is 'why are you here?' 'err because i found out im pregnant' so from that impression i dont really want to go back. When do i have my first scan and stuff?

you have to make an appointment to book in with your midwife where they do your bloods, weight height etc and find out when your due... this is normally done at about 8 weeks. Then you will be sent for your first scan around 12 weeks. The midwife might book this for you but its best to ask at your booking in appointment incase you have to book your 12 week scan

how are you feeling about everything hun??

Very scared really. If my mum was supporting me and I had somewhere to live and a job that I could save money up for the baby then id feel alot better. But I dont have a house, I dont have a job and it will be hard to get one once I have this baby. But theres a tiny part of me thats excited/happy, I mean Its my baby and im gonna havea child and I guess it is quite a happy time, it would be better in better curcumstances bvut that cant be helped. But I dont care what anyone says in my familly, my ex bf's mum (who im close to) had him at 16 and she said it was hard but she got through it, and now shes got 3 kids and had a lovely house. So thats what I plan to do :)

Sorry if you dont wanna talk about it but is the babies dad around? or planning on been around when the baby is born... Im sure you mam will support you once she has calmed down darling, its just a big shock like I said.... Its not going to be easy. Its not easy at any age tho but im sure if you work at it you will get the life you want at the end! you bound to be feeling all over the place at the min cause you have lots of questions and your emotions will be running wild with your hormones all over the place!! Give yourself a chance to come to terms with things darling, Its still early days :hug: :hug:

Thanks for all the lovely comments guys :hug:
The dad told me he was infertile just so he didnt have to use protection, but now im poregnant my mum called his mum to ask if that was true and no he isnt infertile. So he lied to get into my pants basically :(
He says hell pay maintanence because by law he has to, but he sais hell do naything for me to have an abortion and that he wants nothing to do with it, Thats his choice. He is extreamly immature and hes bought this on himself really.

Well to be honest darling from the sound of things you sound like you will both be better off without him! :talkhand: things will start to settle down when people around you get used to things. Like I said its just such a big thing!

Yeah I can understand that, but at the same time this is the time when I need support from friedns and familly not lectures and shoutings at. but hopefully yeah they will come round :)
My friends are being lovely though, my ex bf, the one who im close friends with his mum, he came with me to the docters when i first found out and came with me to speak to the dad. So atleast I have some good friends around me :)

Aww im pleased you have some people around you. Yes you need support at the moment but you will need it right the way through your pregnancy and when the baby is born so give them a chance hun!! and you know if you need anything or further questions and support you have us girls on the forum.

anytime darling, we all need help and someone to talk to no matter what our age!! xx

definatly :)
:hug:
So what time can you start getting a bump, cause i dont have a bump i just look bloated and quite fat lol

some women get bumps early on but i had a lot of bloating now its all seems to have gone away and i dont really have a bump at the moment but can start to appear at anytime :hug: :hug:

Hi hun :wave: , first, congrats on your bfp!

im a young mum, im 19 in november and im just under 11 weeks preggers with my 3rd!

i had my 1st at 16, got pregnant with him at 15, i wont lie, it wasnt easy but trust me, once your rents have had time to calm down they will support you, my family was great after the shock died down. i was with the dad all the way through the prenancy but he left me 3 days after our baby was born.

i has my 2nd 3 months before i turned 18 and the man who is his dad is the man i married, he took on my 1st as his own and i was really grateful that he understood that we came as a package.

anyways, im rambling.....

if you need me, im here.

good luck chicken

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks huni :) Isnt it hard getting a job with a baby though?
Oh god noo all this baby talks getting me excited.
Witch is bad :(
I feel like im not allowed to be excited/happy.

Congratulations hun xx

I think you sound like a very brave and determined young woman and you will make a lovely mummy. I feel for your situation though, it can't be easy when you have nowhere to call home, perhaps your dad just needs to calm down a bit, my mum was angry with me for getting pregnant at i am married with 3 children already! parents act in funny ways but really its just concern for you.

I fell pregnant at 17 with my first child, its not easy having a baby when all your friends are out partying on a friday night, but the baby is worth it, you have someone who's whole life depends on you and who will love you forever, you will probably find that you have to put your own dreams on hold for awhile but you can soon pick things back up and have a life as well as being a great mum.

The father may need time to get used to the idea, chances are he will want to see the baby when it arrives and then if he is man enough he will stand up to his responsibilities, if he doesn't then don't worry the baby deserves better anyway.

Make sure you look after yourself and are taking folic acid everyday (dr will give you it) eat well and get plenty of rest xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back